Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
20 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LINY22  
#221 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:25:20 AM(UTC)
LINY22

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Teach1 Go to Quoted Post
HR is currently working the class and I have been assured that notifications will be going out soon. We are planning 3 classes next year with 50 students each so lots on the table.

Do you know when the other two classes are being planned for? I was told they are trying to get me into the January class. I hope I make it.
LINY22  
#222 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 3:29:31 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Does anyone know if there is the option for a provisional clearance meaning we could be hired and put into the January class before our background check is completely finished?
229K9  
#223 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2018 10:16:10 PM(UTC)
229K9

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LINY22 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if there is the option for a provisional clearance meaning we could be hired and put into the January class before our background check is completely finished?

Don't you have an EOD date for CBP? I was told by HR they would just order CBP BI and use that. I just got TSU e-mail Monday from CBP. Drug test was Wednesday.
LINY22  
#224 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 3:36:36 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Originally Posted by: 229K9 Go to Quoted Post

Don't you have an EOD date for CBP? I was told by HR they would just order CBP BI and use that. I just got TSU e-mail Monday from CBP. Drug test was Wednesday.

I do. But with CBP I opted for provisional clearance. I received an e-mail this week from an investigator stating she is starting my background investigation for CBP. This is why I want to know if DEA will also allow me to start without completing my background investigation fully by the EOD.
Legend of Zella  
#225 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:29:38 AM(UTC)
Legend of Zella

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi guys,

I thought I'd post my timeline for the application process:

Applied 3/2017
Assessment 11/2017
Panel Interview 2/2018
Drug form and disclosure request 5/2018
Tentative Offer 6/2018
Medical Exams 6/2018
Drug Test 6/2018
Eqip 8/2018
Meet w/OPM Investigator 10/2018

I'm excited about this opportunity but also not expecting to start soon. From reading this forum, it seems there are many 2016 applicants waiting for a class to open up.

Good luck to everyone else out there. Thanks for sharing your experiences and insight. It will be fun to meet one another in person and begin our training in an exciting career.
jeosbo01  
#226 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:24:02 PM(UTC)
jeosbo01

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Legend of Zella Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

I thought I'd post my timeline for the application process:

Applied 3/2017
Assessment 11/2017
Panel Interview 2/2018
Drug form and disclosure request 5/2018
Tentative Offer 6/2018
Medical Exams 6/2018
Drug Test 6/2018
Eqip 8/2018
Meet w/OPM Investigator 10/2018

I'm excited about this opportunity but also not expecting to start soon. From reading this forum, it seems there are many 2016 applicants waiting for a class to open up.

Good luck to everyone else out there. Thanks for sharing your experiences and insight. It will be fun to meet one another in person and begin our training in an exciting career.

There are a lot of 2016 and there's still a few of us from 2015. It does, however, sound like they are looking to move a lot through next year.
thanks 1 user thanked jeosbo01 for this useful post.
Legend of Zella on 10/28/2018(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending  
#227 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 2:58:00 PM(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending

United States

Really hoping to get January but not sure how realistic it is, still no pref sheet
CaitieMFT  
#228 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2018 11:10:31 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DiscretionarySpending Go to Quoted Post
Really hoping to get January but not sure how realistic it is, still no pref sheet

Same here. Sounds like they’re trying to get interim clearances done soon to get many of us to the Jan class. My BI contacted me today with some last minute questions to wrap things up so hopefully we’ll hear back soon!
luckydevil  
#229 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 3:19:03 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Glad to know there's finally been some movement on my BI. I still haven't met with a BI yet but some of my contacts have been contacted this past week. Hurry up and wait 😂 goodluck to all who get lucky enough for the Jan class.
Lunchmoney  
#230 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 4:47:54 PM(UTC)
Lunchmoney

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Glad to know there's finally been some movement on my BI. I still haven't met with a BI yet but some of my contacts have been contacted this past week. Hurry up and wait 😂 goodluck to all who get lucky enough for the Jan class.

😶😶😶
Ohhh so just because I/we personally haven’t met with a BI doesn’t mean they haven’t started working on our packet. Interesting to know !
luckydevil  
#231 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2018 5:04:17 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Lunchmoney Go to Quoted Post

😶😶😶
Ohhh so just because I/we personally haven’t met with a BI doesn’t mean they haven’t started working on our packet. Interesting to know !

Yup! My last BI my guy also started before meeting with me.
thanks 2 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Lunchmoney on 11/2/2018(UTC), Legend of Zella on 11/7/2018(UTC)
LINY22  
#232 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 10:24:08 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

https://bestplacestowork...il/DJAA#tab_category_tbl

YES DEA!!! Another reason I want to get in the January class. DEA ranked a lot better than both my current agency and another agency I applied to (which I was offered to start in February, which is why I want to get into the January DEA class).
luckydevil  
#233 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 10:46:51 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

YES DEA!!! Another reason I want to get in the January class. DEA ranked a lot better than both my current agency and another agency I applied to (which I was offered to start in February, which is why I want to get into the January DEA class).

Hope you get in! I know I pretty much won't since still haven't met with BI, but rooting for you! Goodluck
LINY22  
#234 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:27:22 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Hope you get in! I know I pretty much won't since still haven't met with BI, but rooting for you! Goodluck

Well, they are trying to do an interim clearance for me so I can start before my background is fully finished. None of my references have told me that they have been contacted yet though.
CaitieMFT  
#235 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 12:36:25 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Still waiting on word here, although it seems as though they’ve contacted everyone I’ve ever met already. My mother just informed me that her interview is this week, so hoping that means they’re finishing up now!
luckydevil  
#236 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 1:17:53 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post
Still waiting on word here, although it seems as though they’ve contacted everyone I’ve ever met already. My mother just informed me that her interview is this week, so hoping that means they’re finishing up now!

Sweet! I think you're going be first one out of our little group on here who gets a class date. Goodluck!
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
CaitieMFT on 11/13/2018(UTC)
LINY22  
#237 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 1:23:05 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

That’s exciting! Keep us posted! 😁
thanks 1 user thanked LINY22 for this useful post.
CaitieMFT on 11/13/2018(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#238 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:44:24 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Sweet! I think you're going be first one out of our little group on here who gets a class date. Goodluck!

Thanks! I’m getting a little nervous, because it seems like January is a slim possibility, but if it’s going to happen I have to give one month’s notice to my current job. It will definitely be cutting it close! I’m hopeful that we can all get more info soon.
I hope you all can make it into the next class, if this process has taught us anything it’s that we never know what will happen next!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:46:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LINY22  
#239 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:08:42 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Thanks! I’m getting a little nervous, because it seems like January is a slim possibility, but if it’s going to happen I have to give one month’s notice to my current job. It will definitely be cutting it close! I’m hopeful that we can all get more info soon.
I hope you all can make it into the next class, if this process has taught us anything it’s that we never know what will happen next!

Why do you think January is a slim possibility? I don't know about the one months notice, but I think you getting into the January class is likely. Did you take the interim clearance option? I was told by HR that they are trying to get me into the January class, but they have yet to contact my references for the interim clearance.
CaitieMFT  
#240 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:23:52 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Why do you think January is a slim possibility? I don't know about the one months notice, but I think you getting into the January class is likely. Did you take the interim clearance option? I was told by HR that they are trying to get me into the January class, but they have yet to contact my references for the interim clearance.

I just worry that Jan isn’t going to happen for me because I honestly haven’t heard much from my HR rep, and I never received the form for the interim clearance. I hate to assume that it’s happening until I have more info, especially since others have received preference sheets and offers already. I am also kind of panicking because we’re down to the wire and I don’t want to jump and put in my notice at my current workplace until I’m really sure that it’s happening. Hopefully there are a few of us on here who get in the next class, it would be neat to have some of the people who have been communicating end up there together. Good luck to you! Hope your references get contacted soon!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2018 7:25:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar and spelling!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed