Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
20 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LINY22  
#241 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:40:57 AM(UTC)
LINY22

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LINY22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Still waiting on word here, although it seems as though they’ve contacted everyone I’ve ever met already. My mother just informed me that her interview is this week, so hoping that means they’re finishing up now!

Sweet! I think you're going be first one out of our little group on here who gets a class date. Goodluck!

Thanks! I’m getting a little nervous, because it seems like January is a slim possibility, but if it’s going to happen I have to give one month’s notice to my current job. It will definitely be cutting it close! I’m hopeful that we can all get more info soon.
I hope you all can make it into the next class, if this process has taught us anything it’s that we never know what will happen next!

Why do you think January is a slim possibility? I don't know about the one months notice, but I think you getting into the January class is likely. Did you take the interim clearance option? I was told by HR that they are trying to get me into the January class, but they have yet to contact my references for the interim clearance.

I just worry that Jan isn’t going to happen for me because I honestly haven’t heard much from my HR rep, and I never received the form for the interim clearance. I hate to assume that it’s happening until I have more info, especially since others have received preference sheets and offers already. I am also kind of panicking because we’re down to the wire and I don’t want to jump and put in my notice at my current workplace until I’m really sure that it’s happening. Hopefully there are a few of us on here who get in the next class, it would be neat to have some of the people who have been communicating end up there together. Good luck to you! Hope your references get contacted soon!

Have you reached out to your HR rep? You can ask them if you’re on the interim track and lined up to get into the January class. They may have an answer. When I received my interim clearance paperwork I asked my rep if I am on schedule to get into the January class and I was told I am. Hopefully they are right. At least you know they have contacted a lot of people for you. I think it was GearUp who said we may not know until a few weeks to a few days before the academy. We got this Catie! Keep your head up and let’s send everyone positive vibes. It definitely would be awesome to see as many of us on this forum get into the January class as possible. You’ve got a great chance of getting in. Hopefully I still do as well.
thanks 1 user thanked LINY22 for this useful post.
CaitieMFT on 11/14/2018(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#242 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:26:26 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Still waiting on word here, although it seems as though they’ve contacted everyone I’ve ever met already. My mother just informed me that her interview is this week, so hoping that means they’re finishing up now!

Sweet! I think you're going be first one out of our little group on here who gets a class date. Goodluck!

Thanks! I’m getting a little nervous, because it seems like January is a slim possibility, but if it’s going to happen I have to give one month’s notice to my current job. It will definitely be cutting it close! I’m hopeful that we can all get more info soon.
I hope you all can make it into the next class, if this process has taught us anything it’s that we never know what will happen next!

Why do you think January is a slim possibility? I don't know about the one months notice, but I think you getting into the January class is likely. Did you take the interim clearance option? I was told by HR that they are trying to get me into the January class, but they have yet to contact my references for the interim clearance.

I just worry that Jan isn’t going to happen for me because I honestly haven’t heard much from my HR rep, and I never received the form for the interim clearance. I hate to assume that it’s happening until I have more info, especially since others have received preference sheets and offers already. I am also kind of panicking because we’re down to the wire and I don’t want to jump and put in my notice at my current workplace until I’m really sure that it’s happening. Hopefully there are a few of us on here who get in the next class, it would be neat to have some of the people who have been communicating end up there together. Good luck to you! Hope your references get contacted soon!

Have you reached out to your HR rep? You can ask them if you’re on the interim track and lined up to get into the January class. They may have an answer. When I received my interim clearance paperwork I asked my rep if I am on schedule to get into the January class and I was told I am. Hopefully they are right. At least you know they have contacted a lot of people for you. I think it was GearUp who said we may not know until a few weeks to a few days before the academy. We got this Catie! Keep your head up and let’s send everyone positive vibes. It definitely would be awesome to see as many of us on this forum get into the January class as possible. You’ve got a great chance of getting in. Hopefully I still do as well.

I did reach out to HR at the end of September, she told me they were working to see if I could get an interim clearance and asked me to check in if I didn’t hear anything in 3-4 months...so it makes me kinda hesitant to reach out again soon. I might consider contacting her again just to see if I can get more info.
Thanks, here’s hoping you’re right and we end up there in January!
LINY22  
#243 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 6:46:50 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

I did reach out to HR at the end of September, she told me they were working to see if I could get an interim clearance and asked me to check in if I didn’t hear anything in 3-4 months...so it makes me kinda hesitant to reach out again soon. I might consider contacting her again just to see if I can get more info.
Thanks, here’s hoping you’re right and we end up there in January!

Well, 3-4 months from September is December/January. I contacted my HR guy. I’m waiting for a reply. I’ll keep you posted.
thanks 1 user thanked LINY22 for this useful post.
CaitieMFT on 11/15/2018(UTC)
luckydevil  
#244 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:06:18 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Finally meeting with my background investigator! I am headed out for the holidays tonight so meeting right after Thanksgiving.
LINY22  
#245 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:23:17 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Well, it is with a heavy heart that unfortunately my journey with the DEA actually ended in September thanks to my background investigator not willing to provide what he needed to my current agency and me telling them to end my application. With multiple people who were in contact with me at the DEA who have since left the agency the people who were trying to get me into the January class didn't know my application was cancelled. I wish you all the best and hope you all make the January class.
luckydevil  
#246 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:26:52 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Well, it is with a heavy heart that unfortunately my journey with the DEA actually ended in September thanks to my background investigator not willing to provide what he needed to my current agency and me telling them to end my application. With multiple people who were in contact with me at the DEA who have since left the agency the people who were trying to get me into the January class didn't know my application was cancelled. I wish you all the best and hope you all make the January class.

Oh no! Was hoping we may land a class together. Goodluck with CBP. So sorry
LINY22  
#247 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:42:27 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Thank you! Yeah, it sucks because I was lined up for the January academy. And I was REALLY hoping to end up with the DEA.You all seem like a better crowd than CBP. But I can always reapply in the future. I’ll still follow the forum for a bit to see who else makes it and to hear how the academy is going. I’m also open to PMing people my information so we can chat via text or whatnot. This group was like a second family.
luckydevil  
#248 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:54:35 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Thank you! Yeah, it sucks because I was lined up for the January academy. And I was REALLY hoping to end up with the DEA.You all seem like a better crowd than CBP. But I can always reapply in the future. I’ll still follow the forum for a bit to see who else makes it and to hear how the academy is going. I’m also open to PMing people my information so we can chat via text or whatnot. This group was like a second family.

Feel free to pm. Would love to stay in touch. Plus I got a buddy in CBP if you ever need anything.
Lunchmoney  
#249 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 1:33:38 PM(UTC)
Lunchmoney

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Finally meeting with my background investigator! I am headed out for the holidays tonight so meeting right after Thanksgiving.

Great to hear!!!
I feel like we were sort of on the same path, so I hope to meet with a BI soon, though I won’t hold my breath over it.
Good luck and happy holidays !
CaitieMFT  
#250 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:55:14 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Feel free to pm. Would love to stay in touch. Plus I got a buddy in CBP if you ever need anything.

Oh no! How incredibly disappointing, I’m so sorry that happened. I hope you either find a good fit with CBP or can reapply for DEA soon. Please do keep in touch!
CaitieMFT  
#251 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:56:28 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Congrats! Love seeing so many of us moving forward in the process. Still keeping fingers crossed for January!
LINY22  
#252 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:51:58 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Oh no! How incredibly disappointing, I’m so sorry that happened. I hope you either find a good fit with CBP or can reapply for DEA soon. Please do keep in touch!

Thank you! Yeah, I was told I could always reapply. They said they are going to have a recent graduate posting next month but they don’t know about regular DI. I’ll give CBP a shot and see how it goes.
Fed Investigator  
#253 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:01:06 AM(UTC)
Fed Investigator

Was thanked: 142 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Well, it is with a heavy heart that unfortunately my journey with the DEA actually ended in September thanks to my background investigator not willing to provide what he needed to my current agency

Interested in knowing what your background investigator was not willing to provide to your agency?

I haven't run across this situation before, usually it's the other way around.

LINY22  
#254 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:22:48 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Originally Posted by: Fed Investigator Go to Quoted Post
Well, it is with a heavy heart that unfortunately my journey with the DEA actually ended in September thanks to my background investigator not willing to provide what he needed to my current agency

Interested in knowing what your background investigator was not willing to provide to your agency?

I haven't run across this situation before, usually it's the other way around.

I currently work at the IRS. My building is not open to the public. My agency was only asking for his name, an email/letter stating he wants to meet with me for a background investigation interview and proof that he's a background investigator stating what agency he's with and his credentials. We weren't asking for his taxpayer identification number. Haha
You're a background investigator I'm assuming?
EyesNtails  
#255 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:02:32 PM(UTC)
EyesNtails

I just did a background on a IRS Criminal Investigator. I called him, set up a time. He met me in the lobby brought me in and did his interview. Also spoke to the SAC and a few others. They didn’t require me to provide all that info. Just presented my credentials.
LINY22  
#256 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:12:07 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Originally Posted by: EyesNtails Go to Quoted Post
I just did a background on a IRS Criminal Investigator. I called him, set up a time. He met me in the lobby brought me in and did his interview. Also spoke to the SAC and a few others. They didn’t require me to provide all that info. Just presented my credentials.

Some IRS buildings are open to the public. Did you have to provide information prior to meeting in order to get clearance for a visitor pass from security? Honestly, my investigator was kinda sketchy and I didn’t even believe 100% they were an actual background investigator. It’s just unfortunate that the investigator had to come to my place of employment and my building has strict security procedures. I should’ve just invited the investigator, my manager and a coworker over to my house.
GearUp  
#257 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 9:06:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 668 time(s) in 223 post(s)
The investigator could've met with you away from your office to conduct his interview. When I did BIs for one of my previous agencies I would call other agencies and local law enforcement agencies and ask to borrow an interview room if I couldn't meet with the subject at his or her place of employment. I very seldom got turned down. I also conducted interviews in local libraries. If I needed to interview supervisors or co-workers and couldn't get access to the work place I would do telephone interviews. Your investigator was being a jerk. This was an obvious screw-up on the part of OPM and/or the contractor and not the DEA.

Edited by user Sunday, November 18, 2018 9:07:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LINY22  
#258 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:16:00 PM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
The investigator could've met with you away from your office to conduct his interview. When I did BIs for one of my previous agencies I would call other agencies and local law enforcement agencies and ask to borrow an interview room if I couldn't meet with the subject at his or her place of employment. I very seldom got turned down. I also conducted interviews in local libraries. If I needed to interview supervisors or co-workers and couldn't get access to the work place I would do telephone interviews. Your investigator was being a jerk. This was an obvious screw-up on the part of OPM and/or the contractor and not the DEA.

Exactly. He kept trying to pushh it saying how he would prefer to get all three done at the same visit and that based on my file he believed it would be quick interviews. But there was nothing I could do. It just REALLY sucks that I lost out on my opportunity for the DEA and the DEA lost out on their opportunity on me. Honestly every time I talked to him on the phone he sounded sketchy and suspicious. I didn’t believe he was a background investigator.

Edited by user Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:19:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Let’s just say I needed that extra h.

GearUp  
#259 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 7:55:02 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 668 time(s) in 223 post(s)
LINY22,

Your inbox is full. I tried to send a PM.
LINY22  
#260 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 8:13:53 AM(UTC)
LINY22

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
LINY22,

Your inbox is full. I tried to send a PM.

I deleted messages. You can try again and should be good.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed