Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
20 Pages«<17181920>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DiscretionarySpending  
#361 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:39:25 PM(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending

Groups: Registered
United States

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I spoke with HR recently, admittedly not today, and was told of the upcoming academy. You are correct that there has been some misinformation in the past, you might understand if I hope what you heard can be identified as such.
luckydevil  
#362 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:44:38 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DiscretionarySpending Go to Quoted Post
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I spoke with HR recently, admittedly not today, and was told of the upcoming academy. You are correct that there has been some misinformation in the past, you might understand if I hope what you heard can be identified as such.

2 years in the process I have learned HR also tells us different things depending who spoke to who. I'll just hope what you heard and what Gearup said still stands 😂. March is only a few weeks away so we will find out soon enough lol.
Glitterypink29  
#363 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:10:09 PM(UTC)
Glitterypink29

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 5 post(s)
For those of us that received a reference sheet mid January, what is the next step? Are we waiting for a board to meet to adjudicate our clearances? Then preference sheets? Then FOE's? Does the "April" class still seem possible for us?

I appreciate everyone on this forum. My first DI recruiter retired and my second recruiter recently left the DEA so answers directly from HR are far and few between for me. I'm completely jealous of those of you who actually have conversations with your recruiters.
luckydevil  
#364 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:31:19 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Glitterypink29 Go to Quoted Post
For those of us that received a reference sheet mid January, what is the next step? Are we waiting for a board to meet to adjudicate our clearances? Then preference sheets? Then FOE's? Does the "April" class still seem possible for us?

I appreciate everyone on this forum. My first DI recruiter retired and my second recruiter recently left the DEA so answers directly from HR are far and few between for me. I'm completely jealous of those of you who actually have conversations with your recruiters.

Granted we are given our interim clearances, I think we are waiting on the preference sheets next. Don't quote me on it but I think they come about a month before class.

Also, I feel you on the HR thing. I haven't had contact with mine since the CO.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:33:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Glitterypink29 on 2/12/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 2/13/2019(UTC)
GearUp  
#365 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:51:45 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 531 time(s) in 182 post(s)
If I've said it once I've said it more than a dozen plus times on this forum - its a long long process and you have to be patient. Nothing is set in concrete until you get the final offer and actually arrive at the Academy. You could get a final offer and get scheduled for a class only to have the class cancelled. It has happened. Priorities change. There is only so much room at the Academy. There is only so many beds. If the powers to be change the training priorities then the Academy has to change and HR has to adjust. I'm not saying things have changed. I don't now. I haven't heard that the April class has been moved but I will try to find out.

Someone said that people get different information depending on the HR person they talked with. That's probably true. I've tried and tried to discourage people from calling HR all the time except in very specific circumstances. Like any government agency (bureaucracy) things don't always get passed down to everyone at the same time. Your HR rep might have been out a day or two on leave or sick and hadn't been updated when you called while someone else's rep is fully briefed and up to speed. I've been with this agency over 20 years and can't say enough good about it. I have seen some crazy things happen. But I wouldn't work for any other agency. However, the agency isn't perfect. There are problems just like any other government agency. The folks in HR are only human and can and do make mistakes.

Again, like it or not. Agree with it or not. The process is a long process. DEA has its methods. The process and methods maybe different than any other agency but it works for the DEA. You have to be patient and give the process a chance to work. I know everyone wants immediate answers and results. Its not going to happen. There are humans involved. There is a step by step process that needs to be followed and it takes time. You have to pass one step before moving to the next. There are a lot of moving parts. Anything can slow your application. If HR asks for something get it to them ASAP. Keep your contact info (e-mail, phone numbers, addresses) up to date. I've known applicants who moved or changed phone numbers that missed out on an offer because they failed to update their contact info. The BI takes time and even if you have a current clearance the DEA does not have to accept it. Doesn't matter the level of clearance you have. The DEA may still decide to process and adjudicate your clearance at it's own pace. And can deny you a clearance even if you have a current one.

I know its a stressful process. But please don't snipe at each other. Infighting won't help and it will only shut down communication. Understand that you may get information that is different from someone else. Take what they pass on with a grain of salt and for what its worth. Just because a HR rep told you something different doesn't make you right nor does it make you wrong. It doesn't make your fellow applicant right or wrong either. Be patient with each other and be patient with the process. If its meant to be it'll be. There's nothing at this point that anyone of you can do to change things. Your package will be processed when all the information needed is received, reviewed, adjudicated and approved or disapproved.

Try to relax and enjoy your life. Life is to short to stress over something you have no control over.

Good luck to all.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:02:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked for this useful post.
SoFLoGal on 2/13/2019(UTC), luckydevil on 2/13/2019(UTC), Lunchmoney on 2/13/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 2/13/2019(UTC), WishingandHoping on 2/13/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 2/13/2019(UTC), tpheaton on 2/14/2019(UTC), Bookish7267 on 2/14/2019(UTC), John Stamos on 2/14/2019(UTC)
John Stamos  
#366 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:47:24 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SoFLoGal Go to Quoted Post
Good morning all!

At 08:16am on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, I received my official "COE" letter as well as the welcome for the OnBoarding Manager Selectee registration. I have six (6) forms to fill-out and return before a due date of 02/16/2019, for the next step.

Things are most definitely moving along guys and gals. Who else has gotten this e-mail message?

I too received this e-mail on the same day... I filled out everything and returned it that same day... Things are def. moving for us... I applied to the federal employee/Veteran posting that was done in June of last year...
thanks 1 user thanked John Stamos for this useful post.
tpheaton on 2/14/2019(UTC)
Bookish7267  
#367 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:19:32 PM(UTC)
Bookish7267

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Stamos Go to Quoted Post
Good morning all!

At 08:16am on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, I received my official "COE" letter as well as the welcome for the OnBoarding Manager Selectee registration. I have six (6) forms to fill-out and return before a due date of 02/16/2019, for the next step.

Things are most definitely moving along guys and gals. Who else has gotten this e-mail message?

I too received this e-mail on the same day... I filled out everything and returned it that same day... Things are def. moving for us... I applied to the federal employee/Veteran posting that was done in June of last year...

I received and completed mine today 02/14/2019. Applied May 2018.
John Stamos  
#368 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:41:28 PM(UTC)
John Stamos

Just got my medical paperwork today!!! Going to start filling it out now!!!
John Stamos  
#369 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:40:08 PM(UTC)
John Stamos

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
The 2019 classes are NOT filled!!! There are plenty of candidates in the pipeline but the classes aren't yet filled. Way to early. The next class is in April. They won't make final offers until sometime in March.

I looked right past this post, but thank you much for the information...
SoFLoGal  
#370 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 10:36:25 AM(UTC)
SoFLoGal

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Good morning all!

John, I applied to the same position as well. Let us hope that things continue to move along for everyone, not just us who applied for that position. Also, make sure you save the original announcement for your records because in there it says the agency will pay relocation. Just in case.
SoFLoGal  
#371 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 10:37:38 AM(UTC)
SoFLoGal

Woman
United States

Just got medical and drug paperwork today!! Got it, filling it out, and made my appointment!! We should all start to hear things :)
John Stamos  
#372 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:36:22 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Just got medical and drug paperwork today!! Got it, filling it out, and made my appointment!! We should all start to hear things :)

Good stuff!!! My medical paperwork is all filled out... I'm just waiting to hear back from the medical testing facility so that I am able to go test... They still have to send me an email about when my appointments will be...
John Stamos  
#373 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 11:40:30 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Good morning all!

John, I applied to the same position as well. Let us hope that things continue to move along for everyone, not just us who applied for that position. Also, make sure you save the original announcement for your records because in there it says the agency will pay relocation. Just in case.

I def. keep track of ALL information... But they did let me know that being a current government employee, we are entitled to a FULL paid move... I believe that non government employees do not get the 10 day paid house hunting and something else, I can't remember... But we would get everything since we are... But yeah, I hope things move along fairly quickly for everyone... I know it's part of the game, but the waiting sucks...hahaha But, I have a good job now so the waiting isn't too bad...
Airedale260  
#374 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 1:21:29 PM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Met with my BI yesterday afternoon and this morning (there was some additional info I needed to provide that I hadn't had yesterday). Went well, I think. And barring any unforeseen circumstances, I think I'm good.

Was a bit nerve-wracking, but then again I've never been through anything like this before. Fortunately I think the BI understood.
John Stamos  
#375 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:30:15 AM(UTC)
John Stamos

Originally Posted by: Airedale260 Go to Quoted Post
Met with my BI yesterday afternoon and this morning (there was some additional info I needed to provide that I hadn't had yesterday). Went well, I think. And barring any unforeseen circumstances, I think I'm good.

Was a bit nerve-wracking, but then again I've never been through anything like this before. Fortunately I think the BI understood.

I've been through a few BI's and they all make you nervous... Primarily because each investigator is different and could potentially rate you differently, so you never know... I have always been positively adjudicated but each time I too am nervous because I don't want to forget anything and make it look like I'm not being truthful... So like you said, I think they do understand that people are nervous and take that into consideration... And as long as you are forthcoming with your information, you will be fine I'm sure... But congrats on making it to the BI portion of the process!!! Hopefully this goes fast for you and you are able to get into a class fairly soon!!!
thanks 2 users thanked John Stamos for this useful post.
Airedale260 on 2/16/2019(UTC), AFlyfer on 2/17/2019(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#376 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:19:13 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I know that patience is a virtue in this process, but is anyone else starting to feel anxious about not having heard about next steps for the potential April class?
luckydevil  
#377 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:25:19 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post
I know that patience is a virtue in this process, but is anyone else starting to feel anxious about not having heard about next steps for the potential April class?

I figured if we don't hear by March 1st then the class did indeed get pushed back. 🤞 it hasn't! I'm not going to lie I will be pretty bummed if it did. I have hopes of being in the next class lol.
CaitieMFT  
#378 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:35:31 PM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post

I figured if we don't hear by March 1st then the class did indeed get pushed back. 🤞 it hasn't! I'm not going to lie I will be pretty bummed if it did. I have hopes of being in the next class lol.

Same here. I was pushed out of my previous job when they found out I was in the late hiring stages for the DI position, so if we don’t make it into the April class then I’m not sure what to do. Not great timing, that’s for sure!
Glitterypink29  
#379 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:51:00 PM(UTC)
Glitterypink29

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I called HRRD last week to see if they had a set date for the April class and was also told the DI April class date was pushed back for an unknown period of time.
luckydevil  
#380 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:52:49 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Glitterypink29 Go to Quoted Post
I called HRRD last week to see if they had a set date for the April class and was also told the DI April class date was pushed back for an unknown period of time.

Ugh uknown is even worse lol. I wonder if maybe something would be set now that a budget was signed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed