Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

26 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Inconceivable23  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 02, 2018 5:08:58 AM(UTC)
Inconceivable23

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)
New year, new thread. Good luck to all!

Feel free to post if you’re currently in the process, have just started, or are thinking about getting started.

My experience so far:

Online Application: 11/17
Phase I Inv: 11/17
Phase I Test: 12/17
Currently awaiting results (with the new test implementation, you don’t find out quickly as before, at least not yet).

Edited by user Tuesday, January 02, 2018 1:36:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Inconceivable23 for this useful post.
alphamike on 4/2/2018(UTC), kcrow13 on 6/30/2018(UTC), RMart3 on 9/10/2018(UTC)
hails  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 2:46:08 PM(UTC)
hails

United States

Originally Posted by: Inconceivable23 Go to Quoted Post

Currently awaiting results (with the new test implementation, you don’t find out quickly as before, at least not yet).

Hi Inconceivable, what do you mean by the new Phase I testing process? When was this rolled out? Good luck with your process!
Guyonabuffalo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 6:36:38 PM(UTC)
Guyonabuffalo

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
This thread depresses me a tad.
App - 4/16
BI - 9/17
thanks 1 user thanked Guyonabuffalo for this useful post.
Elysium06 on 1/5/2018(UTC)
Inconceivable23  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 8:14:32 PM(UTC)
Inconceivable23

Originally Posted by: hails Go to Quoted Post

Hi Inconceivable, what do you mean by the new Phase I testing process? When was this rolled out? Good luck with your process!

The test is similar as far as I know but I can’t speak to the exact changes as I didn’t take the prior version. Apparently it was implemented starting towards the end of November. Not sure if the lag in results is going to be the norm moving forward or if they’re just trying to figure out grading before giving passes and fails, etc.
Inconceivable23  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 8:15:52 PM(UTC)
Inconceivable23

Why do you find it depressing Buffalo??
Guyonabuffalo  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 9:01:28 PM(UTC)
Guyonabuffalo

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)

I've been in the process since 2016. Trying to start another career but watching the months and years go by. It's a bit depressing at times that it takes so long but I have and still am keeping the faith. I hope your process goes faster but if it doesn't then I hope you have the good fortune to afford to wait and the virtue of patience.

Edited by user Thursday, January 04, 2018 9:02:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App - 4/16
BI - 9/17
Radio Silence  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 05, 2018 4:54:38 AM(UTC)
Radio Silence

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guyonabuffalo Go to Quoted Post

I've been in the process since 2016. Trying to start another career but watching the months and years go by. It's a bit depressing at times that it takes so long but I have and still am keeping the faith. I hope your process goes faster but if it doesn't then I hope you have the good fortune to afford to wait and the virtue of patience.

Right with you on that. Best of luck to all the new candidates and even more so to those of us who have been patiently waiting.
NavyVett  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 07, 2018 6:55:35 PM(UTC)
NavyVett

United States

Hello! Recently applied, here is my timeline so far:

Online Application: 12/16/17
Phase I Inv: 12/21/2017
Phase I Test: 12/30/17
I am also currently awaiting results, seems to be a new Phase 1 test, not sure. Looks like early Feb, results come in.
thanks 1 user thanked NavyVett for this useful post.
ag74 on 1/10/2018(UTC)
RocketCobra  
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 07, 2018 11:24:48 PM(UTC)
RocketCobra

United States

I also just took the Phase 1 test and received an email that I would not hear back until early February. I am curious as to what changes were made with the Phase 1 test because it appears that prior test takers would receive a pass/fail email almost immediately.
Inconceivable23  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 08, 2018 11:59:48 AM(UTC)
Inconceivable23

Originally Posted by: RocketCobra Go to Quoted Post
I also just took the Phase 1 test and received an email that I would not hear back until early February. I am curious as to what changes were made with the Phase 1 test because it appears that prior test takers would receive a pass/fail email almost immediately.

Yeah, I took mine a month ago and early February is my timeline as well, so it looks like they're just waiting to get a good sample of test-takers before determining pass/fail parameters. My guess is the figural reasoning is the main part that is new?
jkimyh  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:40:51 PM(UTC)
jkimyh

United States

Online Application: 01/03/18

I have about 15 months left on Active Duty.
With looking at other people's post, I believe it will take about 15 months until your class starts.
Good luck everyone,

Hopefully I get an email for the Phase 1 test soon.

Also for Phase 1 test, on the FBI Jobs it has Logic questions and finding the pattern questions,
Did the phase 1 test change?
ceedubb  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:35:18 PM(UTC)
ceedubb

United States

Hey there everyone! I am new to this forum and have been reading through these posts over the last 48 hrs. Extremely helpful and informative!

I left the military in Nov 2015 and applied for the FBI SA position earlier that year. I passed the Phase 1 test and submitted the self PFT, but I withdrew my application for personal reasons and pursued a corporate career. Two years later, and I am looking back wishing I had followed through with the FBI SA application process.

I read on the 911jobs forum that if an applicant passes the Phase 1 test, that it is valid forever. Does anyone have any insights on that? Sounds like the P1 test has changed slightly from those of you who have recently taken it. Looks like the job posting closes on 1/29/18 and I am definitely planning on putting my name back in the hat.
emaichbe03  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:19:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Phase I and II good for life. Can confirm personally.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Aceleo on 6/10/2018(UTC)
Inconceivable23  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 8:19:44 PM(UTC)
Inconceivable23

Well, heard back about Phase I tonight and it’s good news. A little earlier than anticipated but I’ll take it - on to M & G!
NavyVett  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:18:15 AM(UTC)
NavyVett

United States

Well, heard back about Phase I tonight and it’s good news. A little earlier than anticipated but I’ll take it - on to M & G!

Same here! Wasn't expecting it, definitely made my weekend!
Jake 4rm State Farm  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:39:05 AM(UTC)
Jake 4rm State Farm

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Congrats to you guys who received passing scores now. Keep in mind that although the meet and greet is informal, that is still your AC’s first impression of you, and you are being vetted.
makingadifference  
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 5:56:15 PM(UTC)
makingadifference

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The M&G is informal-ish, but still look the part (two piece suit). This one guy showed up in khakis and a polo, I was just like really??

M&G varies on what field office it is, but for the most part they just go over the hiring process and take any questions you have. Afterwards, they did 1 on 1. Ask you some questions and go over your resume. They’ll even recommend you fix your resume, if they think it needs it. After that your application goes to HQ and they rate you. So it is just a waiting game.
demundus  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:41:06 AM(UTC)
demundus

First post! Sad news :(

Applied somewhere around the final weeks of Dec/First week of Jan (can't remember exactly)
Got an invitation for Phase I testing nearly 24 hours later
Scheduled Phase I for 1/8
Took Phase I
Got Phase I fail on 1/10

What I don't know is if I failed because of logic (possible?). I'm software dev/manager by career, the questions never gave me pause, in-fact I found them quite easy... in the most non-arrogant way I can say that. If I failed because of my answers on the
personality type questions, what's the point in retaking? If it was a mistake on logic questions, then yeah... I'll retake.

Wish there was a way to know.

Congrats to others who passed. Quick question, I see people getting contacted by recruiters or ACs or whatever, is that normal? I never talked to a single person in the bureau from start to fail.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 16, 2018 10:46:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jkimyh  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:03:40 AM(UTC)
jkimyh

United States

Originally Posted by: demundus Go to Quoted Post
First post! Sad news :(

Applied somewhere around the final weeks of Dec/First week of Jan (can't remember exactly)
Got an invitation for Phase I testing nearly 24 hours later
Scheduled Phase I for 1/8
Took Phase I
Got Phase I fail on 1/10

What I don't know is if I failed because of logic (possible?). I'm software dev/manager by career, the questions never gave me pause, in-fact I found them quite easy... in the most non-arrogant way I can say that. If I failed because of my answers on the
personality type questions, what's the point in retaking? If it was a mistake on logic questions, then yeah... I'll retake.

Wish there was a way to know.

Congrats to others who passed. Quick question, I see people getting contacted by recruiters or ACs or whatever, is that normal? I never talked to a single person in the bureau from start to fail.

Dang.. dont give up though. If i were you i try to retest and see if you get in. I turned in my application on 1/3 and still no response. Im starting to feel anxious with you receiving it within 24 hours. Haha
AirmanRicky  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:09:05 AM(UTC)
AirmanRicky

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am currently going through the FBI process. I took the exam on 11/29/2017 and received the result on 1/12/2018. My Meet and Greet has been scheduled for the end of the month. It is going to be a long and hard process. Hope to make it all the way to the end.

Application: 10/18
Exam/Phase 1: 11/29
Phase 1 result: Passed 1/12/2018
Meet and Greet: End of the Month

Military: US Army/US Air Force
MBA in Finance
BBA in Management/Finance

Edited by user Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:09:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed