Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<192021
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Elysium06  
#401 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:15:13 AM(UTC)
Elysium06

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Inconceivable23 Go to Quoted Post
Random question here - does the FBI allow its agents to wear smart watches in the office or at Quantico (Apple, FitBit, etc.?). Considering getting one but honestly if I have an opportunity to become an SA I don't want to make the $300 investment and only be able to use it for 6-7 months.

Bluetooth-capable devices are only allowed in certain places at Quantico (basically your dorm room and the cafeteria during dinner). Everyone wears regular cheap watches because we can't have our phones with us. As an agent, you can't have Bluetooth devices in a SCIF. Depending on what you work, you may spend most of your days as an agent in a SCIF.

So the answer is yes, you can wear them, but not in restricted locations.
App: 7/16
P1: 8/16
M&G: 9/16
P2: 1/17
PFT: 2/17
PSI/Poly/Med: 3/17
Adjudication: 5/17
Med clearance: 2/18
BFTC: 5/18
thanks 3 users thanked Elysium06 for this useful post.
Inconceivable23 on 6/15/2018(UTC), DEPDT on 6/15/2018(UTC), Invictus482 on 6/20/2018(UTC)
Invictus482  
#402 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:46:43 PM(UTC)
Invictus482

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got my date and location for the M&G. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. Is there anything I should be doing in preparation aside from continuing PT, and collecting the required documents for the meeting?

Applied: 5/18
Phase I: 5/18
M&G: 7/18
Reloaded85  
#403 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 9:27:14 AM(UTC)
Reloaded85

United States

I'm currently in the beginning stages and received a phase 1 invitation. From browsing around I seen that that the best way to tackle the logical reasoning is by studying the Border Patrol booklet? Any recommendations which one? I found this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/d...s?_encoding=UTF8&me=

How many logical questions and figural are there on the test? Just trying to prepare so I'm not caught offguard, thanks.
JustBeingNosy  
#404 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 1:41:43 PM(UTC)
JustBeingNosy

Man
United States

No real need to buy anything else. The downloadable test prep on the jobs site is more than sufficient. They give you three hours for the test. Most are done in a little over an hour. The large majority is behavioral based questions.

Originally Posted by: Reloaded85 Go to Quoted Post
I'm currently in the beginning stages and received a phase 1 invitation. From browsing around I seen that that the best way to tackle the logical reasoning is by studying the Border Patrol booklet? Any recommendations which one? I found this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/d...s?_encoding=UTF8&me=

How many logical questions and figural are there on the test? Just trying to prepare so I'm not caught offguard, thanks.

Reloaded85  
#405 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 2:37:21 PM(UTC)
Reloaded85

United States

How many logical and figural questions are on test?
JustBeingNosy  
#406 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 6:29:57 PM(UTC)
JustBeingNosy

Man
United States

Specific, detailed answers regarding the number are a no-go. You’ll see why when you take the test. It’s no harder than an SAT/ACT/GRE. Trust me, the packet gives you more than enough. I wasted money on a prep book on Amazon. The book was smaller than the free packet provided by the fbi site.

Originally Posted by: Reloaded85 Go to Quoted Post
How many logical and figural questions are on test?

ratedarrrrrr  
#407 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 1:23:23 PM(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Invictus482 Go to Quoted Post
Just got my date and location for the M&G. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. Is there anything I should be doing in preparation aside from continuing PT, and collecting the required documents for the meeting?

Nope, you're on the right path. The M&G is fairly informal, I've been through it twice with two different applicant coordinators and it was fairly relaxed both times. Nothing much for you to do until you get the Phase 2 invite!
thanks 1 user thanked ratedarrrrrr for this useful post.
Invictus482 on 6/17/2018(UTC)
Surge  
#408 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 5:20:17 AM(UTC)
Surge

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ratedarrrrrr Go to Quoted Post

Nope, you're on the right path. The M&G is fairly informal, I've been through it twice with two different applicant coordinators and it was fairly relaxed both times. Nothing much for you to do until you get the Phase 2 invite!

ratedarrrrrr, why did you go through the M&G twice? Is this because you did not receive a passing score on the Phase 2 on the first go around?

ratedarrrrrr  
#409 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 5:28:58 AM(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Surge Go to Quoted Post

ratedarrrrrr, why did you go through the M&G twice? Is this because you did not receive a passing score on the Phase 2 on the first go around?

I was scored least competitive my first time through so I wasn't given a Phase 2 invite. I had to wait a year to reapply, and when I did I was scored most competitive after the M&G and this time all other steps I have been pushed through extremely quickly. I think it really depends on their current needs on who they do and don't push through to the Phase 2.
Surge  
#410 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 5:35:13 AM(UTC)
Surge

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Surge Go to Quoted Post

I was scored least competitive my first time through so I wasn't given a Phase 2 invite. I had to wait a year to reapply, and when I did I was scored most competitive after the M&G and this time all other steps I have been pushed through extremely quickly. I think it really depends on their current needs on who they do and don't push through to the Phase 2.

Got it. I failed my Phase 2 and plan to reapply once the year hold is up. I am not sure if they will have me go to an M&G again.
AccountanttoSA  
#411 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 9:35:37 PM(UTC)
AccountanttoSA

United States

Regarding the application process, must you submit a passing self PFT score before you can submit your application? I thought I had read somewhere that you can take the Phase 1 test and still not have submitted a passing self PFT? Thank you!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed