Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

39 Pages«<3536373839>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alphamike  
#721 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:34:21 AM(UTC)
alphamike

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ericb2018 Go to Quoted Post
Good morning everybody, I just want to take a quick moment to encourage everyone going to the January 6th class. First off, congratulations for making it this far. As a law enforcement officer and someone who has been through a police academy and SWAT school training they pretty much come down to LISTENING and doing EXACTLY what they tell you to do when it comes to firearms, defensive tactics, SCENARIO TRAINING, and much more. It will be a lot to take in and APPLY in a short period of time, so take a deep breath, encourage yourself, and remain focused on the goal ahead. The biggest thing is for you all to take care of each other through constant support, it is not a competition against your fellow classmates but an opportunity for you all to pull together and help each other get through this together. Embrace the journey and Leave NO PERSON behind!

Wise words, Eric. Hoping to be in the 6 Jan class.. already completed both my pre-Q PFT and briefing.. just waiting on the call. -- anyone else in the same boat? 😕
App: 3/18
P1: 3/15
M/G: 3/26
P2/3: 5/23
Job Offer: 6/2
Poly/SI: 6/12
PFT: 6/29
Med:10/18
PreQ: 11/30

ericb2018  
#722 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:39:37 AM(UTC)
ericb2018

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: alphamike Go to Quoted Post
Good morning everybody, I just want to take a quick moment to encourage everyone going to the January 6th class. First off, congratulations for making it this far. As a law enforcement officer and someone who has been through a police academy and SWAT school training they pretty much come down to LISTENING and doing EXACTLY what they tell you to do when it comes to firearms, defensive tactics, SCENARIO TRAINING, and much more. It will be a lot to take in and APPLY in a short period of time, so take a deep breath, encourage yourself, and remain focused on the goal ahead. The biggest thing is for you all to take care of each other through constant support, it is not a competition against your fellow classmates but an opportunity for you all to pull together and help each other get through this together. Embrace the journey and Leave NO PERSON behind!

Wise words, Eric. Hoping to be in the 6 Jan class.. already completed both my pre-Q PFT and briefing.. just waiting on the call. -- anyone else in the same boat? 😕

No problem my brother, I am sure everything will work out fine for you in due timing. Hang in there!
thanks 1 user thanked ericb2018 for this useful post.
alphamike on 12/27/2018(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr  
#723 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:40:50 AM(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Unfortunately you're probably in my same situation. I was informed the Friday before Christmas by my AC that I am now an alternate for January. I am a definite for March, but if anyone backs out of January I could possibly be called up until the Friday before class starts to join January's class. This has left me in a not great situation with my work and living situation, but it is what it is.

alphamike  
#724 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:53:40 AM(UTC)
alphamike

United States

Originally Posted by: ratedarrrrrr Go to Quoted Post

Unfortunately you're probably in my same situation. I was informed the Friday before Christmas by my AC that I am now an alternate for January. I am a definite for March, but if anyone backs out of January I could possibly be called up until the Friday before class starts to join January's class. This has left me in a not great situation with my work and living situation, but it is what it is.

Same, Rated. Last night was my last shift at my job since I was being staged for this coming class date - and I had to put renting my house out on hold since, well, I like having a home XD. I'm hoping for at least the reassurance of a March class date soon.. hopefully we're both lucky and somehow cram into Jan. I'm ready to roll.

Teacher-to-agent  
#725 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:30:21 AM(UTC)
Teacher-to-agent

Woman

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TacticalJackal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nola504 Go to Quoted Post
any good waterproof, warm boot recommendations? preferably low to mid length.

I'm a fan of the taller boot for a number of reasons, but if you are looking at a shorter one - 5.11 makes some great, fairly affordable ones. The FAST-TAC waterproof 6" boot. Obviously, as the name states, it's waterproof, and i think it is built for pretty much any weather.

FWIW I have the ATAC 2.0 8" ones from 5.11, and they are really comfortable and durable. Check out 511tactical.com for their stuff.

This are black. Can you wear black boots?
App: 3/12
PI: 6/12
App 2: 1/18
M&G: 3/18
PII: 4/18
PII results: 6/18
PFT/CO/SI/BI: 7/18
Poly/Med: 8/18
PFT: 12/18

Teacher-to-agent  
#726 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:00:24 PM(UTC)
Teacher-to-agent

Woman

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I received a call this morning from HR at WFO confirming that I am to report to BFTC January 6th regardless of government shutdowns.
App: 3/12
PI: 6/12
App 2: 1/18
M&G: 3/18
PII: 4/18
PII results: 6/18
PFT/CO/SI/BI: 7/18
Poly/Med: 8/18
PFT: 12/18

TacticalJackal  
#727 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 5:31:56 AM(UTC)
TacticalJackal

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Teacher-to-agent Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TacticalJackal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nola504 Go to Quoted Post
any good waterproof, warm boot recommendations? preferably low to mid length.

I'm a fan of the taller boot for a number of reasons, but if you are looking at a shorter one - 5.11 makes some great, fairly affordable ones. The FAST-TAC waterproof 6" boot. Obviously, as the name states, it's waterproof, and i think it is built for pretty much any weather.

FWIW I have the ATAC 2.0 8" ones from 5.11, and they are really comfortable and durable. Check out 511tactical.com for their stuff.

This are black. Can you wear black boots?

Yes, black or brown are acceptable.
SierraNovember  
#728 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:03:04 PM(UTC)
SierraNovember

Man
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Of course, Eric is right. The FBI Academy is a gentlemen's course (even if they keep telling you it isn't), and the number of people who "fail" is staggeringly low. By way of background, I went through in 2016, and I still show up on the regular to teach tactical medicine due to a specialized background. It is almost impossible to fail if you are paying attention. Attrition is probably 5% or less. That means a number of idiots graduate, and as you'd expect, we are running out of broom closets for them to be the SAC of. So.. try to not be an idiot. Most of y'all show up with a great attitude, good fitness, and will be fine if you can just hold your breath and suck it up for 5 months of BS. Military and prior LEOs will find the physical and tactical coursework to be very modest. The academics are somewhat embarrassing, and when you get there, you'll know what I mean.

Good luck to all of you as you get through your process. It is grueling, but the pay off is getting the best job title at most cocktail parties. Whether it is the best job depends on the day. Like all others... some a great, some days are mediocre, and some days, they lecture you are an E-1 with your first paycheck.
-SN
thanks 2 users thanked SierraNovember for this useful post.
ericb2018 on 1/4/2019(UTC), LadySA2018 on 1/4/2019(UTC)
Someguy2010  
#729 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:53:53 PM(UTC)
Someguy2010

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Do you know if the academy is shortened? There was mention on here that is was. Any truth to that?
ericb2018  
#730 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 6:56:47 AM(UTC)
ericb2018

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SierraNovember Go to Quoted Post

Of course, Eric is right. The FBI Academy is a gentlemen's course (even if they keep telling you it isn't), and the number of people who "fail" is staggeringly low. By way of background, I went through in 2016, and I still show up on the regular to teach tactical medicine due to a specialized background. It is almost impossible to fail if you are paying attention. Attrition is probably 5% or less. That means a number of idiots graduate, and as you'd expect, we are running out of broom closets for them to be the SAC of. So.. try to not be an idiot. Most of y'all show up with a great attitude, good fitness, and will be fine if you can just hold your breath and suck it up for 5 months of BS. Military and prior LEOs will find the physical and tactical coursework to be very modest. The academics are somewhat embarrassing, and when you get there, you'll know what I mean.

Good luck to all of you as you get through your process. It is grueling, but the pay off is getting the best job title at most cocktail parties. Whether it is the best job depends on the day. Like all others... some a great, some days are mediocre, and some days, they lecture you are an E-1 with your first paycheck.
-SN

Hey, thanks for the words of encouragement and insight. It is always refreshing to hear from someone who has been through it and can give us an transparent perspective.
LadySA2018  
#731 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 7:59:59 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Someguy2010 Go to Quoted Post
Do you know if the academy is shortened? There was mention on here that is was. Any truth to that?

I think it is 20 weeks right now
App for SA: 10/31/17
BI started: 4/30/18
Pre Q PFT: 9/6/19
Q: 10/27/19
Letty  
#732 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:29:38 AM(UTC)
Letty

How long to get the email to phase 1?
Are you even guaranteed an email invitation? Thanks for any help.
Letty  
#733 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:32:49 AM(UTC)
Letty

Originally Posted by: Teacher-to-agent Go to Quoted Post
I received a call this morning from HR at WFO confirming that I am to report to BFTC January 6th regardless of government shutdowns.

Wow three months to get back to you about the exam??
GreeZdLightNin  
#734 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:39:22 AM(UTC)
GreeZdLightNin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
All of these updates sound exciting with a few leaving in a couple days. I had my Meet and Greet on December 10th.
How will I be contacted to tell if I'm competitive? And how long do they take to give a reply?
App-10/21/18
P1-11/3/18
M&G-12/10/18
P2-W-1/18/19
P2-P-2/11/19
PFT-4/7/19-PASS
PSI-5/7/19
POLY-5/10/19
POLY2-5/31/19
MED-6/4/19
ratedarrrrrr  
#735 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 11:21:06 AM(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GreeZdLightNin Go to Quoted Post
All of these updates sound exciting with a few leaving in a couple days. I had my Meet and Greet on December 10th.
How will I be contacted to tell if I'm competitive? And how long do they take to give a reply?

Almost all of your communications during the application process will be via email, including this part. It'll likely be someone from the field office you're processing out of it you are being advanced to Phase 2, if not then it'll be a generic rejection from the FBI jobs site. I've received both. The initial rejection for not being competitive was the generic one and took about two months, the competitive one took about two weeks. Keep in mind that holidays drastically slow and delay things, along with the federal budget stuff going on.
GreeZdLightNin  
#736 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 11:42:24 AM(UTC)
GreeZdLightNin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ratedarrrrrr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GreeZdLightNin Go to Quoted Post

Almost all of your communications during the application process will be via email, including this part. It'll likely be someone from the field office you're processing out of it you are being advanced to Phase 2, if not then it'll be a generic rejection from the FBI jobs site. I've received both. The initial rejection for not being competitive was the generic one and took about two months, the competitive one took about two weeks. Keep in mind that holidays drastically slow and delay things, along with the federal budget stuff going on.

Ok, I assumed it could take about 4 weeks. Thanks
App-10/21/18
P1-11/3/18
M&G-12/10/18
P2-W-1/18/19
P2-P-2/11/19
PFT-4/7/19-PASS
PSI-5/7/19
POLY-5/10/19
POLY2-5/31/19
MED-6/4/19
alphamike  
#737 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 10:22:34 AM(UTC)
alphamike

United States

Good luck to everyone reporting tomorrow. To those of you I've met, I know you will do absolutely fantastic - just remember what the prior LEOs in here have been telling you.. use the tools your instructors give you and put in the work.

Hope to see you in March, I'm still in the Final Offer stage as of early December. *crossing fingers* I hear something soon.

AM, SSG

LadySA2018  
#738 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 6:46:00 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Well, January class is off! Looking forward to reading posts about people getting the call for March and hoping I am one of them! Does anyone know the specific March start date?

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2019 6:46:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App for SA: 10/31/17
BI started: 4/30/18
Pre Q PFT: 9/6/19
Q: 10/27/19
alphamike  
#739 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:37:25 AM(UTC)
alphamike

United States

Originally Posted by: LadySA2018 Go to Quoted Post
Well, January class is off! Looking forward to reading posts about people getting the call for March and hoping I am one of them! Does anyone know the specific March start date?

I believe my RA said 17 March

thanks 2 users thanked alphamike for this useful post.
LadySA2018 on 1/7/2019(UTC), sunshinegirl on 1/22/2019(UTC)
hopefulfed2017  
#740 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 12:22:12 PM(UTC)
hopefulfed2017

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Scheduled for a M&G soon—I understand you should be in business attire for the M&G as it’s the first interaction you’ll have in person with the AC (and there are grooming standards at the academy) but what about facial hair for the M&G? Normally, I never wear a beard but am currently growing one for an upcoming deployment.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed