Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

39 Pages«<36373839>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chipperjones  
#741 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 1:23:25 PM(UTC)
chipperjones

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: hopefulfed2017 Go to Quoted Post
Scheduled for a M&G soon—I understand you should be in business attire for the M&G as it’s the first interaction you’ll have in person with the AC (and there are grooming standards at the academy) but what about facial hair for the M&G? Normally, I never wear a beard but am currently growing one for an upcoming deployment.

People had facial hair at both the meet and greet and phase 2, it was neatly kept though. Are you a TRP applicant? Since I am going to assume you are special ops in the military? Pm me if you want
lone_ranger  
#742 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 6:05:28 AM(UTC)
lone_ranger

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hopefulfed2017 Go to Quoted Post
Scheduled for a M&G soon—I understand you should be in business attire for the M&G as it’s the first interaction you’ll have in person with the AC (and there are grooming standards at the academy) but what about facial hair for the M&G? Normally, I never wear a beard but am currently growing one for an upcoming deployment.

I have a beard and I still made it past M&G and Phase 2. As stated above, just keep it neat and you’ll be fine.
thrilldawg20  
#743 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2019 6:59:04 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: LadySA2018 Go to Quoted Post
Well, January class is off! Looking forward to reading posts about people getting the call for March and hoping I am one of them! Does anyone know the specific March start date?

I know the DEA class starts March 3 so I assume FBI is either that or March 17.
Applied: Sept '10 <br />Phase 1: Sept '10 <br />Meet and Greet: Feb '11
LadySA2018  
#744 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 10:41:31 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 49 post(s)
For those of us keeping our fingers crossed for a call for March soon, I was listening to a really interesting podcast today and thought I'd share. It is the FBI Retired Case File Review with Jerri Williams. It has been mentioned on here before but episode 145 has Bill Vanderpool as a guest. He reviews some of the firearms qual test at Quantico and the history of firearms in the FBI. I really enjoyed it!
thanks 1 user thanked LadySA2018 for this useful post.
alphamike on 1/10/2019(UTC)
thrilldawg20  
#745 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:01:35 PM(UTC)

I listened to that a few weeks ago...it was really good. I like that podcast in general.
Applied: Sept '10 <br />Phase 1: Sept '10 <br />Meet and Greet: Feb '11
SAhopeful2018  
#746 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 11:01:03 AM(UTC)
SAhopeful2018

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone know what a reasonable accommodation is for a person with arthritis in their ankles?....asking for a friend
lone_ranger  
#747 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:11:47 PM(UTC)
lone_ranger

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SAhopeful2018 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know what a reasonable accommodation is for a person with arthritis in their ankles?....asking for a friend

Haha, you’re a good friend for posting this question in the thread instead of telling them to ask their Applicant Coordinator. I’ll chime in since I have experience with this....the reasonable accommodation is whatever aid a doctor can come up with to prove that the candidate can still perform all of the functions of the position if they were granted that accommodation (e.g. Knee brace, shoulder wrap, sunglasses etc...). Then it has to be approved by HQ.

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:13:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LadySA2018  
#748 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 11:34:15 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Has anyone heard if there is definitely a March class? Was wondering if they cancelled it due to the recent and pending shutdown...
emaichbe03  
#749 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 11:54:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
The January class still happened so I’m presuming the March class will as well.
Hoocrew  
#750 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 2:16:36 PM(UTC)
Hoocrew

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Was just told I am on the roster for the March class.
Already took and passed the pre-q PFT. So if everything goes well and they don't cancel the class, i'll be seeing some of you there!

Question for anyone that knows about the policies regarding hair at Quantico. When they say hair can't be longer than the top collar, what does that mean exactly? Like are we talking military style haircuts or is there some flexibility for slightly longer hair for men? If anyone has an examples I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by user Friday, February 01, 2019 6:47:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Hoocrew for this useful post.
LadySA2018 on 2/2/2019(UTC)
alphamike  
#751 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:24:47 AM(UTC)
alphamike

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Was in the Final Offer stage until this morning when it was changed to "Application on Hold" - anyone else having this happen?
App: 3/18
P1: 3/15
M/G: 3/26
P2/3: 5/23
Job Offer: 6/2
Poly/SI: 6/12
PFT: 6/29
Med:10/18
PreQ: 11/30

Deltoid11  
#752 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:33:32 AM(UTC)
Deltoid11

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Contact your AC. Did you accept the offer? If not, do so. They might be waiting for a class date for you as well. The March one might be full.
alphamike  
#753 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:37:21 AM(UTC)
alphamike

United States

Originally Posted by: Deltoid11 Go to Quoted Post
Contact your AC. Did you accept the offer? If not, do so. They might be waiting for a class date for you as well. The March one might be full.

I've been trying to contact my AC the last couple of days - I've been ready to go for a minute (Final Offer status 12/3), but haven't received the actual offer to accept - I was being prepped for the 1/6 class but it filled up, I have a difficult time believing that they couldn't put me in the March class.. I'm going to double check and make sure the offer isn't sitting in there, but it shouldn't have changed to On Hold if that's the case.

-- No offer in Notifications. Seeing other people getting told they're in the March class is making me nervous - my BI has been done for months.

Edited by user Saturday, February 09, 2019 8:58:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fbihopeful1  
#754 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 11:03:57 AM(UTC)
Fbihopeful1

I’m currently going through the BI process. I’ve had some references contacted and all of my former employers. Now the thing is the investigator wants to talk to my current employer, which I assumed would be towards the end of my BI, but I only took the poly not that long ago. Two of my three “people that know me well” still haven’t been contacted, either. Is this normal? I’m sort of miffed my current employer is being contacted so soon.

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2019 11:05:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ratedarrrrrr  
#755 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 11:17:38 AM(UTC)
ratedarrrrrr

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fbihopeful1 Go to Quoted Post
I’m currently going through the BI process. I’ve had some references contacted and all of my former employers. Now the thing is the investigator wants to talk to my current employer, which I assumed would be towards the end of my BI, but I only took the poly not that long ago. Two of my three “people that know me well” still haven’t been contacted, either. Is this normal? I’m sort of miffed my current employer is being contacted so soon.

All of my BI interviews happened within a week, with my employer being last. And none of the people I put down to know me well were interviewed because they lived in other states. The investigator asked me to provide more local people like acquaintances and coworkers. I'd say what you're experiencing is about what mine was like.
Fbihopeful1  
#756 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 12:28:07 PM(UTC)
Fbihopeful1

Originally Posted by: ratedarrrrrr Go to Quoted Post

All of my BI interviews happened within a week, with my employer being last. And none of the people I put down to know me well were interviewed because they lived in other states. The investigator asked me to provide more local people like acquaintances and coworkers. I'd say what you're experiencing is about what mine was like.

So I can still expect several months after my interviews are done before I’m cleared, huh? I had thought maybe this meant things would go faster...
LadySA2018  
#757 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 1:33:38 PM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

So I can still expect several months after my interviews are done before I’m cleared, huh? I had thought maybe this meant things would go faster...

Mine happened similarly as well and that was back in June/July...still here waiting so buckle in and pray for extreme patience :)
alphamike  
#758 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:45:41 AM(UTC)
alphamike

United States

Originally Posted by: LadySA2018 Go to Quoted Post

Mine happened similarly as well and that was back in June/July...still here waiting so buckle in and pray for extreme patience :)

Same here - All interviews conducted (none of my personal references) within the first couple weeks of July. I was in the Final Offer stage/Adjudication in November, and I'm still waiting around. My friends in the agency are telling me that it can easily be another 6 months and to consider throwing my name in the hat of other agencies in the meantime.. supposedly Border Patrol is hiring agents in as little as a couple months.

AM

Gianootz  
#759 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:04:07 AM(UTC)
Gianootz

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hey guys, new to the forum but just completed and awaiting results from PII Interview from last week. Question for those of you that are current LEO's: When is the right time to tell your current employer? I ask this for several reasons. At some point, whoever is conducting the BI will contact someone from our agencies and pull our file. Every agency is different and that could have different implications depending on who the Investigator comes into contact with? Anyone have any experience/input on this?
Apply: 10/7/18
Phase I: 11/2/18
M&G: 12/10/18
P2 W: 1/18/19
P2 Int: 2/13/19
PFT: 4/7/19
COA: 4/8/19
PSI: 5/2/19
Poly: 5/8/19
Gianootz  
#760 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:29:16 AM(UTC)
Gianootz

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Someguy2010: You sent me a PM, but your inbox is full. My P2 Int was 2/13.
Apply: 10/7/18
Phase I: 11/2/18
M&G: 12/10/18
P2 W: 1/18/19
P2 Int: 2/13/19
PFT: 4/7/19
COA: 4/8/19
PSI: 5/2/19
Poly: 5/8/19
Rss Feed  Atom Feed