Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ElementOfPsychosis  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 6:52:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
After the debacle with the in-section rebidding and having been deemed "ineligible" for my lead clerk rebid on liteblue, I log on today to discover that they decided to go ahead and award me a tour 3 automation job--the "backup job" in case one of the other lead clerks outbid me in my unit. Which they didn't. They didn't have to rebid--i did. I was advised to toss in a backup job to avoid being labeled unassigned, so that's where the t3 job came from. However, it seems they just wanted to instead take away my lead clerk spot and throw me in automation. A place I despise more than any unit in that building. Not to mention I'm losing a pay level, 2 hours of night differential, great NS days, a great supervisor, and any modicum of joy i experienced walking into work.

Rant over.

I have sent screenshots of my bids and the results to my union VP, to which she confirmed the union pres was getting in contact with the necessary people to fix this. But, seriously, does anyone know if this CAN be fixed? Can the union actually go about fixing this? Or will the people upstairs just respond with their usual ***** off attitudes and not give two *****s?

Edited by user Friday, January 12, 2018 6:53:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"He who can endure any why, can endure any how." - Nietzsche
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 7:15:29 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2520 time(s) in 1943 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ElementOfPsychosis Go to Quoted Post
After the debacle with the in-section rebidding and having been deemed "ineligible" for my lead clerk rebid on liteblue, I log on today to discover that they decided to go ahead and award me a tour 3 automation job--the "backup job" in case one of the other lead clerks outbid me in my unit. Which they didn't. They didn't have to rebid--i did. I was advised to toss in a backup job to avoid being labeled unassigned, so that's where the t3 job came from. However, it seems they just wanted to instead take away my lead clerk spot and throw me in automation. A place I despise more than any unit in that building. Not to mention I'm losing a pay level, 2 hours of night differential, great NS days, a great supervisor, and any modicum of joy i experienced walking into work.

Rant over.

I have sent screenshots of my bids and the results to my union VP, to which she confirmed the union pres was getting in contact with the necessary people to fix this. But, seriously, does anyone know if this CAN be fixed? Can the union actually go about fixing this? Or will the people upstairs just respond with their usual ***** off attitudes and not give two *****s?

the union can fix it but you must stay on top of it. have them file a grievance to protect your rights.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
thanks 1 user thanked postalvet for this useful post.
ElementOfPsychosis on 1/12/2018(UTC)
MPE2009  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 7:52:38 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 200 post(s)

Rant over.

File the grievance. Keep on top to make sure it's kicked up to step 2 in a timely fashion if necessary. But really if you bid the job properly and there was a simple clerical error of some sort, it's easy to fix. But why or how were you deemed ineligible to bid for the job you wanted?
ElementOfPsychosis  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:28:57 AM(UTC)

That's the thing, MPE2009, that i can't figure out. I was only doing as i was advised. Bid on your reposted job and have a backup in case someone outbids you. All for the sake of avoiding becoming unassigned. Even the union is having trouble understanding what the hell is going on.

Edited by user Friday, January 12, 2018 10:29:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LeroyToliver  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:54:01 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 41 post(s)
have a relative of yours marry one of theirs, its not in the Jcam but pretty much Postal Procedure.
thanks 3 users thanked LeroyToliver for this useful post.
PhaseIVDBCS on 1/12/2018(UTC), Hannah Blector on 1/12/2018(UTC), ElementOfPsychosis on 1/12/2018(UTC)
Hannah Blector  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 4:29:55 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 732 time(s) in 466 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LeroyToliver Go to Quoted Post
have a relative of yours marry one of theirs, its not in the Jcam but pretty much Postal Procedure.

Haha. Right on.

Or "put out" or be put out.
thanks 2 users thanked Hannah Blector for this useful post.
ElementOfPsychosis on 1/12/2018(UTC), mnmailman on 1/12/2018(UTC)
ElementOfPsychosis  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 4:31:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LeroyToliver Go to Quoted Post

Haha. Right on.

Or "put out" or be put out.

The truth in these statements is so agonizingly real. It's all about who you know and who you blow.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
mnmailman on 1/12/2018(UTC), Hannah Blector on 1/12/2018(UTC)
postalvet  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 5:16:52 PM(UTC)
postalvet

The truth in these statements is so agonizingly real. It's all about who you know and who you blow.

unless you are willing to get into the mud and fight management.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
ElementOfPsychosis  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 5:20:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post

I'm always ready to fight management. I'll do whatever it takes. Last year I threatened to file harassment against one of them after logging 4 months worth of times, dates and quotes. They ***** with me and I retaliate with uninhibited fury. They backed off at that point.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
postalvet on 1/12/2018(UTC), mnmailman on 1/13/2018(UTC)
postalvet  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 6:15:31 PM(UTC)
postalvet

I'm always ready to fight management. I'll do whatever it takes. Last year I threatened to file harassment against one of them after logging 4 months worth of times, dates and quotes. They ***** with me and I retaliate with uninhibited fury. They backed off at that point.

filling form 1767
and
on line complaints to OSHA (using the unions name as the complainant) always gets under managements skin.
MPE2009  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:31:42 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 200 post(s)
That's the thing, MPE2009, that i can't figure out. I was only doing as i was advised. Bid on your reposted job and have a backup in case someone outbids you. All for the sake of avoiding becoming unassigned. Even the union is having trouble understanding what the hell is going on.

The union has to reach out to management and ask for an explanation and file a timely grievance in order to protect your rights in the case there was a mistake made and HR or mgt refuse to fix and/or acknowledge their mistake.
ElementOfPsychosis  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:51:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post

The union has to reach out to management and ask for an explanation and file a timely grievance in order to protect your rights in the case there was a mistake made and HR or mgt refuse to fix and/or acknowledge their mistake.

I requested union time and have a meeting with a steward tonight. I printed out all of paperwork (copies of my ejob bidding) and still have the copy of my reposting letter the plant manager sent out in December to have all of my bases covered. My supervisor is on my side, too, and intends on putting in a request to have me held in my unit for 2 weeks to give the union time to figure this out. If the hold is refused, however, the union only has til next Saturday to get things in order. So time is beyond precious at this point.

Edited by user Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:52:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Damn auto correct

mnmailman  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:57:07 PM(UTC)
mnmailman

United States

Was thanked: 732 time(s) in 536 post(s)

well done

the ONLY way to

deal with the idiots

ftff

<g>
Question authority.
thanks 1 user thanked mnmailman for this useful post.
ElementOfPsychosis on 1/13/2018(UTC)
mnmailman  
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 2:58:19 PM(UTC)
mnmailman

United States

I requested union time and have a meeting with a steward tonight. I printed out all of paperwork (copies of my ejob bidding) and still have the copy of my reposting letter the plant manager sent out in December to have all of my bases covered. My supervisor is on my side, too, and intends on putting in a request to have me held in my unit for 2 weeks to give the union time to figure this out. If the hold is refused, however, the union only has til next Saturday to get things in order. So time is beyond precious at this point.

I hope by "tonight" you

mean on the clock with

your steward

<g>
Question authority.
ElementOfPsychosis  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 3:37:03 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mnmailman Go to Quoted Post

I hope by "tonight" you

mean on the clock with

your steward

<g>

Yes, it'll be on the clock. I submitted a union time form to have it scheduled on the clock.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
mnmailman on 1/13/2018(UTC)
mnmailman  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 13, 2018 3:52:31 PM(UTC)
mnmailman

United States

Originally Posted by: mnmailman Go to Quoted Post

I hope by "tonight" you

mean on the clock with

your steward

<g>

Yes, it'll be on the clock. I submitted a union time form to have it scheduled on the clock.

cool

best of luck

<g>
Question authority.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed