Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
newregal  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 10:11:12 AM(UTC)
newregal

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anyone know about a class action grievance to change our career start dates? Where would I look to find this sort of information? My local union has no idea about this. I'm a City Carrier.

Edited by user Monday, January 22, 2018 10:13:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mnmailman  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 10:19:26 AM(UTC)
mnmailman

United States

Was thanked: 837 time(s) in 624 post(s)
nalc.org

not there

not happening

<g>
Question authority.
postalvet  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 10:32:28 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2636 time(s) in 2047 post(s)
Originally Posted by: newregal Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know about a class action grievance to change our career start dates? Where would I look to find this sort of information? My local union has no idea about this. I'm a City Carrier.

contact your nba.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Te looking to go  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 1:10:26 PM(UTC)
Te looking to go

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
It concerns former cca's and the conversion date with residual vacancies there are many factors to it January 30 I believe is arbitration date
thanks 1 user thanked Te looking to go for this useful post.
RudieCantFail on 1/23/2018(UTC)
Razanur  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 1:42:13 PM(UTC)
Razanur

Man
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
This was in the November 2017 Postal Record and may be what you're referring to:

https://www.nalc.org/new.../document/2017-11_vp.pdf
thanks 2 users thanked Razanur for this useful post.
newregal on 1/22/2018(UTC), RudieCantFail on 1/23/2018(UTC)
122intheshade  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 8:30:01 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 409 post(s)
Learn to use lower-case letters.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
thanks 1 user thanked 122intheshade for this useful post.
Knickatknite on 3/5/2018(UTC)
TETastic  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 4:57:10 PM(UTC)
TETastic

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I was told today by my steward that we won this and our conversion dates will be backdated, however they screwed up our checks and those affected may actually be downgraded on this upcoming check. Happened to me, lost two steps.

Edit: re-read the Postal Record article on it and apparently the pay downgrade isn't a screw up, but a necessity for how Shared Services needs to process these. May last 2-3 PPs.

Edited by user Monday, March 05, 2018 7:10:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ccaohio  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 2:08:52 PM(UTC)
ccaohio

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think this is happening to me! after 18 months I transferred to a different installation as a regular! But since January.... my psforms have been going backwards! from F to to E(last check) to C (just today). My initial office before I transferred I was the first cya converted in April 2014. to a residual vacancy that was vacant for nearly a year or so! I don't know whats going on... I'm not in that office. but on the bottom of my ps form 50s all say cancellations and according to a national grievance settlement, one of multiple actions!

You guys think I'm part of this then?
how do I call the nba to find out?
postalvet  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 2:14:11 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2636 time(s) in 2047 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ccaohio Go to Quoted Post

look here
https://www.nalc.org/uni...inistration/nalc-regions
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
thanks 1 user thanked postalvet for this useful post.
ccaohio on 3/19/2018(UTC)
ccaohio  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 2:46:46 PM(UTC)
ccaohio

Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post

look here
https://www.nalc.org/uni...inistration/nalc-regions

TY VERY MUCH!
TETastic  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 3:43:17 PM(UTC)
TETastic

I think this is happening to me! after 18 months I transferred to a different installation as a regular! But since January.... my psforms have been going backwards! from F to to E(last check) to C (just today). My initial office before I transferred I was the first cya converted in April 2014. to a residual vacancy that was vacant for nearly a year or so! I don't know whats going on... I'm not in that office. but on the bottom of my ps form 50s all say cancellations and according to a national grievance settlement, one of multiple actions!

You’re included than. This is happening to my checks as well and my union president told me to expect that. I’m down to Step A for this upcoming one, so I’m hoping it will be back up to G (was F but the four extra months will bump me) next check. Not sure when we’ll receive the holiday pay and other adjustments.
thanks 1 user thanked TETastic for this useful post.
ccaohio on 3/19/2018(UTC)
ccaohio  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 3:48:34 PM(UTC)
ccaohio

Originally Posted by: TETastic Go to Quoted Post

You’re included than. This is happening to my checks as well and my union president told me to expect that. I’m down to Step A for this upcoming one, so I’m hoping it will be back up to G (was F but the four extra months will bump me) next check. Not sure when we’ll receive the holiday pay and other adjustments.

Yeah... I was step F now at step C still have two more adjustments to go to step A.
But yeah, they are gonna owe us a hefty amount?
I mean we should have only been contributing 3.1% to fers instead of 4.4? Will we get all that extra money we paid into back? I’m not sure, but just doesn’t seem right! We shall see I guess!
I was a TE back in 2011 and was promoted in April 14 first cca promotion in our office!
When did you get promoted 13’ or 14?

Edited by user Monday, March 19, 2018 3:49:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TETastic  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:07:22 AM(UTC)
TETastic

I was converted in 2013 so I'm already in the 3.1% contribution. You will go back to the 3.1% too though.

The check should be pretty good, three holidays for me (more for you), an almost 2/hr raise for 4 months and I'm sure I have some days of working less than 8 hours in there, especially in Sep/Oct/Nov (we weren't that understaffed).

This article has the relevant info, the second to last page has the info on your FERS change, I didn't read that section too thoroughly since it doesn't affect me:

https://www.nalc.org/new.../document/2017-11_vp.pdf
thanks 1 user thanked TETastic for this useful post.
ccaohio on 3/20/2018(UTC)
Sjohns88  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 12:33:31 PM(UTC)
Sjohns88

I wonder when will we be paid for this grievance They owe me eleven holidays
ccaohio  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:26:28 AM(UTC)
ccaohio

Anyone get any updates? Or back to normal step yet? Or get your backpay?
StrawberryShake  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:43:08 PM(UTC)
StrawberryShake

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 153 post(s)
I was converted in May 14. I got my first bad paycheck recently. I can't wait to see the bright light at the end of this dark tunnel. I was doing some rough math on this. That's 8 holudays they have to pay me for. I have essentially (retroactively speaking) been short changed 80 cents an hour for most of the time I've been a regular. Without even factoring in one single minute of overtime, that amounts to like 6-7k also without the 1.3% that was overpaid into retirement. I imagine it will take them a lonnnnnng time to get everyone square on this part. I also have it figured for 100 hours or so of annual leave between the getting 10 months added to my career date and getting 4 hours a payperiod after 3 years when there should be 6 hours. I realize it will take time to process all this and square away, but in the meantime the screwed up paycheck is screwing everything up!
TETastic  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:16:44 AM(UTC)
TETastic

I agree with Strawberry, this will take a long time for the dust to settle. My steward said he was told they’re not doing everything at once, so right now I think they’re just focused on adjusting our steps to get that right. From the Form 50s I’ve received, I think my next check will be at Step C. I’ll be up to G when this is all done so there will likely be one or two more after this next one before it’s all set.
ccaohio  
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:56:08 PM(UTC)
ccaohio

Exactly!!! Same for me nearly one step increase for almost four years is owed to us... because we should have been making that. From July 2013 to April/may 2014 (for me and you strawberry shake) nearly one step increase just right there! Hopefully they get this right and don’t screw us!!! If they don’t credit us for our .79 cents steps we should have been making for nearly 4 years. Or our 1.3 percent we paid extra the entire time, over 4 years, into our fers, I think I will say something to NBA or someone! Let’s all keep each over updated though! I am working at step B right now. I think in Saturday.... I will be working at step A. And should be F... so we shall see.

Keep me posted guys’!
benjim24  
#19 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:10:18 PM(UTC)
benjim24

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
So Ohio and Strawberry.. Were you guys the first ones to be promoted in your installation that were former TEs??? Why did it take them so long to convert you guys when the MOU to convert CCAs was done in August 2013. Assuming you were converted in May of 2014. You should’ve been promoted Nov 2013. If that’s the case yeah you guys will get a big adjustments. In my installation there were a few carriers that were converted in Nov 2013 that were former TEs. I was a TE that got converted Jan 14 which stinks. If they would’ve converted the CCA/TEs in July I would’ve made regular in August or September of 2013 and wouldn’t have to pay the 4.4% to FERS(3.1% instead). It all adds up.
StrawberryShake  
#20 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 2:45:59 AM(UTC)
StrawberryShake

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 153 post(s)
It "took so long" because the post office loves to drag its feet with that stuff. Plus this was the first time they were making career employees in quite some time. When I was hired in 2009, they were not making people career employees at all and they hadn't for quite some time. They did not start doing that again (because the contract required them to) until 2013. I was one of the junior most former TES of my office.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed