Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blindedbythelight  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2018 8:44:07 AM(UTC)
blindedbythelight

Groups: Registered
United States

I am looking at jobs in the USFS and one of the requirements states "If any education was completed at a foreign institute, you must submit with your application evidence that the institute was appropriately accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. education standards. There are private organizations that specialize in this evaluation and a fee is normally associated with this service."

I am still waiting on a few things from my previous HR department to submit any applications, but would this apply for a study abroad semester? I did not complete a degree there, but four classes over one semester. I previously worked for the Forest Service in 2006 and the application process was much different! Thanks
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 4:06:47 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 785 post(s)
Originally Posted by: blindedbythelight Go to Quoted Post
I am looking at jobs in the USFS and one of the requirements states "If any education was completed at a foreign institute, you must submit with your application evidence that the institute was appropriately accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as equivalent to U.S. education standards. There are private organizations that specialize in this evaluation and a fee is normally associated with this service."

I am still waiting on a few things from my previous HR department to submit any applications, but would this apply for a study abroad semester? I did not complete a degree there, but four classes over one semester. I previously worked for the Forest Service in 2006 and the application process was much different! Thanks
If the study abroad semester was connected to a US college...then no, this does not apply. However, if you obtained your degree overseas (or high school), then yes, this applies.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 2 users thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
blindedbythelight on 2/4/2018(UTC), thalweg on 2/10/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed