Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

9 Pages«<789
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NotYourAvgITguy  
#161 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:03:35 PM(UTC)
NotYourAvgITguy

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey everyone! New to the site, but have been reading this thread for a while now. Recently received Best Qualified and curious has anyone else besides taco_tuesday and me waiting on a TO from the August announcement for the Atlanta or Chamblee location? If so, please PM me. Thanks in advance.
LongWheel  
#162 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 1:40:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: taco_tuesdays Go to Quoted Post
Posting this for user NotYourAvgITguy

Hey I'm unable to post yet and was curious can you post this for me. I'm curious how many people are currently waiting on the direct hire position posted back in August - 18CE2-DHX0160-2210-11T14. My rating on the agency site shows Best Qualified-Pending Qualifications. The comments show:

You have been determined tentatively eligible for the above position based upon your responses to the on-line questions through the automated hiring system (CareerConnector). As a result, we will be referring your name to the Selecting Official. You may be contacted for an interview. If you are selected for this position, your qualifications will be verified prior to a firm offer being made and/or entering on duty. If you have any questions concerning the status of your application, please refer to the agency contact information in the announcement. To view the announcement, return to your USAJOBS account, click application status and click the announcement number for the vacancy contact info.

Also, I received the email below this past Friday. From what I researched it's just a waiting game from here right?

Dear ********************,

Determination: Application Received

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service.

The purpose of this notice is to inform you that your application for the above position was received. Based upon your on-line questions responses, your application is suitable for further review.

Upon further review of your application and qualifications, you will be contacted regarding your eligibility. You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail or by telephone, informing you of the next step of the application process.

If you have any questions, please email hco.ets.ece.section.ii@irs.gov. When responding to this correspondence, please include your name and the vacancy announcement number 18CE2-DHX0160-2210-11T14, so we can promptly respond to your inquiry.

taco_tuesdays, Did you receive any updates on your application?
I received a similar email today but the announcement to which I applied is different. I am wondering what this email means....

Edited by user Friday, November 09, 2018 2:51:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

N2018  
#163 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 2:55:45 PM(UTC)
N2018

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just completed 2nd week at IRS.
I heard they are still looking to hire many people.

thanks 1 user thanked N2018 for this useful post.
NotYourAvgITguy on 11/13/2018(UTC)
LongWheel  
#164 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 4:45:31 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: N2018 Go to Quoted Post
Just completed 2nd week at IRS.

What series are you in?

Edited by user Friday, November 09, 2018 4:53:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cs79  
#165 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 5:56:58 AM(UTC)
cs79

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 22 post(s)

Last week I heard it should cont. into 2019.

Originally Posted by: N2018 Go to Quoted Post

Pisces  
#166 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:46:49 AM(UTC)
Pisces

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I heard IRS is hiring COBOL developers for legacy systems.
Right now an internal posting is floating around. I guess an external job posting should also be available now.
Lot of training is being focused for internal candidates as well.
Looks like the SMEs are being trained with java and other skills along with external hirings.
Heard more internal promotions happened than external hiring for 2018.
All the Best!!
BoardReader12345  
#167 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 5:51:22 PM(UTC)
BoardReader12345

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tranhungdao Go to Quoted Post
Prior to your Entry on Duty (EOD)/Place of Duty (POD), has anyone been contacted by their potential manager?

Yes. Once. It probably isn't normal practice, though, because I wasn't contacted by my upcoming manager for other jobs I got within the agency.
taco_tuesdays  
#168 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 3:09:20 PM(UTC)
taco_tuesdays

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Any new TOs?....just figured I ask. Happy Holidays!
LongWheel  
#169 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 10:42:54 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: taco_tuesdays Go to Quoted Post
Any new TOs?....just figured I ask. Happy Holidays!

Nope.
meinhoonna  
#170 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 5:47:16 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Nope
meinhoonna  
#171 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2018 5:30:45 PM(UTC)

Posting it for user mc13 who cannot post yet.

I cannot post in this forum for some reason. I am a new member.

I was wondering if you may post this for me?

I am located in the MD area and i was given a TO letter a few weeks ago. I did complete my fingerprinting and photo. I have been assigned to the New Carrollton office in MD. Any ideas on when i could be expected to start? My TO states i was accepted at a GS14. Just looking for some insight as to how long it took everyone else to get a firm offer letter. Also, just because we get a TO letter are the chances for us actually getting the job really really good?

thanks.
LongWheel  
#172 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:08:35 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: meinhoonna Go to Quoted Post
Posting it for user mc13 who cannot post yet.

I cannot post in this forum for some reason. I am a new member.

I was wondering if you may post this for me?

I am located in the MD area and i was given a TO letter a few weeks ago. I did complete my fingerprinting and photo. I have been assigned to the New Carrollton office in MD. Any ideas on when i could be expected to start? My TO states i was accepted at a GS14. Just looking for some insight as to how long it took everyone else to get a firm offer letter. Also, just because we get a TO letter are the chances for us actually getting the job really really good?

thanks.

congrats to mc13. What is his timeline (applied/interviewed/selected /TO)?

Edited by user Saturday, December 15, 2018 11:26:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cs79  
#173 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 5:27:11 AM(UTC)
cs79

United States

I have been seeing more new hires in WV. A couple that I spoke to that started this week (there were about 10) applied in June, almost 6 months ago.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#174 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2018 7:26:38 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cs79 Go to Quoted Post

I have been seeing more new hires in WV. A couple that I spoke to that started this week (there were about 10) applied in June, almost 6 months ago.

Well, management did get excoriated in an audit report by TIGTA over screwing up the so-called hiring surge. Folks in AM are worried that our VoIP phones will crash ENTERPRISE-wide or if the database will finally die on us. These VoIP phones that we use for taking calls from taxpayers fit the stereotype of being the highest quality by the lowest bidder.
cs79  
#175 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2018 5:12:24 AM(UTC)
cs79

United States

The Cisco phones, there is a terrible delay, seems like it is 2 seconds or more. We are waiting for an internal hire that got picked in Aug, you would think that would be quick being on the inside!

Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post

Well, management did get excoriated in an audit report by TIGTA over screwing up the so-called hiring surge. Folks in AM are worried that our VoIP phones will crash ENTERPRISE-wide or if the database will finally die on us. These VoIP phones that we use for taking calls from taxpayers fit the stereotype of being the highest quality by the lowest bidder.

meinhoonna  
#176 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 7:26:37 AM(UTC)

What happened with the hiring surge? Have to review TIGTA report if it is public.

I logged in today to see if anyone can confirm. I found out, though not officially so asking here, that Vets and other preferences are given to all candidates regardless of if they applied after the cutoff dates for some postings. For some positions, there was a two to four week cutoff period for first consideration and I was under the impression that the subset of applicants from that pool would be taken, rated, preferences applied, offered and if positions not filled then move on to more. Can anyone confirm if what I heard is true or what I thought it was? If its the latter then a lot of people who applied sooner would be out of luck since many of these positions are still open so they will continue to get preference candidates.

General caveat, not judging any preferences but simply trying to make sense of it all for IRS jobs.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed