Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
futurefbiagent2018  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:26:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bird_Dog_703 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post

The longer the wait goes on the more I wonder if maybe I should just forget about it and try harder to get permanently hired on with my current employer... is the federal job worth the wait?

Definitely do NOT wait on the govt to get back to you. They can eliminate the billet you applied to or just drop you from the process because of x,y,z reasons at anytime; and then BOOM just like that you are no longer in consideration. Best advice I can give is to pursue any and all opportunities that present themselves. If by some chance the Agency calls you...great. If not, well then you are already on your way to doing bigger and better things. GL buddy.

This is true! you can be waiting for 1-2-3-4 years waiting and guess what? a CJO does not guarantee you will have that position. At the end, nothing guarantees you will pass the security clearance just like indicated above. So, yes, there is a saying in Spanish and idk if it makes any sense in English but it says "opportunities are bold and you must grab them by the hair." So, in other words, go for the opportunities you have at hand because you may never get it again.

good luck.
GenX_OG  
#22 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 1:39:56 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I applied for the MDSO position. My timeline is the following:

Applied - July 2016
Aptitude Test - August 2016
Interview/Info Session - November 2016
CJO/SF86 - January 2017
Medical/Poly - May 2017
BI Submitted by Investigator - July 2017

Been waiting ever since. This puts me roughly at about 840 days since I applied, or about 2.3 years, which, hopefully, means I'm coming to the end of it soon.
Hudson  
#23 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 6:17:59 AM(UTC)
Hudson

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GenX_OG Go to Quoted Post

Applied - July 2016
CJO/SF86 - January 2017
Medical/Poly - May 2017

Been waiting ever since. This puts me roughly at about 840 days since I applied, or about 2.3 years, which, hopefully, means I'm coming to the end of it soon.

Just curious, did you ever ask your security program officer if your packet was with adjudication/put into the adjudication queue? The reason I ask is because I think a lot of people's packet sits with the background investigator, either in quality assurance or elsewhere, and never made it back to the office of security.
GenX_OG  
#24 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 8:42:09 PM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Originally Posted by: Hudson Go to Quoted Post
Just curious, did you ever ask your security program officer if your packet was with adjudication/put into the adjudication queue? The reason I ask is because I think a lot of people's packet sits with the background investigator, either in quality assurance or elsewhere, and never made it back to the office of security.

I wasn't aware that there was a security program officer. I have my program officer that was assigned to my application by HR, but every time I've tried to inquire with that individual about where my application is in the process, they tell me that they can't tell me. All that person ever tells me is that I am "actively processing, and they need nothing further from me at this time."

Having been a background investigator myself under contract with CBP, ICE, OPM, and DOD, I find it hard to believe that the investigator would still be in possession of the case. We were usually given a max of 2 weeks to complete the investigation and then the report of investigation was sent up the chain. In fact, unless some other follow up was needed to clarify an issue, I, as the investigator, usually never heard anything about that investigation again. My guess is that there's just a long queue for adjudication and it's waiting in a pile somewhere. I could be wrong, however, since I have no idea how this agency does the BI process.
Bird_Dog_703  
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:02:13 AM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GenX_OG Go to Quoted Post

Applied - July 2016
CJO/SF86 - January 2017
Medical/Poly - May 2017

My just .02 but that is an incorrect assumption. GenX is right when he says the BI person assigned to your case has at most two-three weeks to complete and submit their report. Your file would never be just sitting with the BI person.

However, once they submit their report, it gets routed to the adjudication folks for processing. Someone could be working it or it could be just sitting there in the stack -- not completely sure because there is zero transparency into this process from the applicants perspective. I will say that in this situation, no news is good news; since they haven't told you no, you're still in the running. Focus on your current job and improving your resume. Getting raises is a plus and will add to your leverage in case you want to try to negotiate a higher salary. GLTA.

Edited by user Saturday, November 17, 2018 8:02:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Bird_Dog_703 for this useful post.
GenX_OG on 11/18/2018(UTC)
Hudson  
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:47:45 AM(UTC)
Hudson

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
"My just .02 but that is an incorrect assumption. GenX is right when he says the BI person assigned to your case has at most two-three weeks to complete and submit their report. Your file would never be just sitting with the BI person."

True that the BI has a set timeline for submitting the investigation, but in my case, there was a two-month period between the investigator submitting my investigation to their office for QA and the Office of Security receiving my packet. I know this because I circled back with my investigator about when they submitted the investigation after being told by my program officer that they hadn't received my packet from the investigation company. My program officer said that there is almost always a delay in the actual investigation and when the packet reaches their office. This was concerning, so I would call my program officer once per month to see if they received my packet — It just so happened that I called on the same day they received my packet from the investigation company, and they let me know this. I asked what next steps were, and they said that my packet is now going into the adjudication queue, and adjudication would begin as soon as an adjudicator picks it up.

The point being that, although there are stated timeframes for each phase of security processing (e.g., 2 weeks to investigate, 90 days to adjudicate, etc.), there are in-between steps that seem to have indefinite timelines. I knew this going in, and I just wanted to provide insight for anyone with an abnormally long timeline.
thanks 1 user thanked Hudson for this useful post.
GenX_OG on 11/18/2018(UTC)
someoldguy  
#27 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:27:48 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 908 time(s) in 761 post(s)
...there are in-between steps that seem to have indefinite timelines.
I definitely agree. I don't know about CIA in particular but there are certain inter-stage phases that can't seem to be tracked easily. I know that for a while, non-IC investigations were being deliberately held up in these stages to try to manage the huge backlog. I don't think IC agencies have to do this but there is no real insight into this phase.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
country mouse  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 8:07:01 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mirzaa - I've got a COE for Finance Resource Officer.
WanttobeFed  
#29 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 2:37:49 PM(UTC)
WanttobeFed

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did any one of you receive a Domestic Moving expense generic letter (no signature nothing) from the Applicant processing center
before the FJO? Is it a positive sign? Just curious if it is something to be happy about or signs for a positive outcome?
GenX_OG  
#30 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:09:42 PM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Originally Posted by: WanttobeFed Go to Quoted Post
Did any one of you receive a Domestic Moving expense generic letter (no signature nothing) from the Applicant processing center
before the FJO? Is it a positive sign? Just curious if it is something to be happy about or signs for a positive outcome?

Not yet, but that sounds pretty positive. Sounds like they're getting ready to start the paperwork on moving you.
GenX_OG  
#31 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 10:45:30 PM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

So I just got home from work and checked my mail, and, lo and behold, I got the same Domestic Moving Expenses letter. I've got my fingers crossed that this means we'll be getting an FJO here soon.
someoldguy  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 12:50:27 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

At the very least it should tell you that somebody is looking at your file and it hasn't been moved to the "fuhgeddaboutit" pile.

Keep checking the mail box... and the inbox... and the spam folder, you never know!
en123  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:55:39 PM(UTC)
en123

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
While I hate to disappoint you, I have to say that I got the same letter. I am still very early in the process and nothing has been done beyond a subject interview over the phone. It seems that this letter was sent out to everyone as part of the guideline of the new budget.
thanks 1 user thanked en123 for this useful post.
country mouse on 3/27/2019(UTC)
WanttobeFed  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 3:56:33 AM(UTC)
WanttobeFed

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thanks for keeping me grounded...
GenX_OG  
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:20:21 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Originally Posted by: en123 Go to Quoted Post
While I hate to disappoint you, I have to say that I got the same letter. I am still very early in the process and nothing has been done beyond a subject interview over the phone. It seems that this letter was sent out to everyone as part of the guideline of the new budget.

Yeah. I called my program officer this morning. She said that it was a mass mailing that was sent out to all current applicants. On the positive side, I'm still "actively processing."
PERSEC  
#36 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:41:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WanttobeFed Go to Quoted Post

Received the same at my household. I was worried it was a "sorry, not interested" letter. The BI is done, just waiting on adjudication
country mouse  
#37 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:59:52 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
How do you know the BI is complete? All I've ever been told is that I am actively processing... does that mean my BI is not finished?
Bird_Dog_703  
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:34:32 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post
How do you know the BI is complete? All I've ever been told is that I am actively processing... does that mean my BI is not finished?

Someone from HR will call you if your case receives a favorable adjudication from security AND they are ready to schedule you for EOD. However, if for whatever reason they dont want you, you will get the dreaded THIN WHITE ENVELOPE by US Mail informing that CIA gets a million, billion, gillion resumes every year and they cant hire everyone.

Dont bother calling HR as they can't tell you anything until security finishes their investigation. GL buddy!
jarreed  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:06:44 PM(UTC)
jarreed

Spain

So I listened to a podcast a few months ago (intelligence matters with Mike Morell). He interviews Sheronda Dorsey, the new head of HR and recruiting at CIA. She sounded like they are making major changes to the hiring and adjudication process, in her words "by infusing technology into the process." My guess is that the agency is starting to understand that 625 days to adjudicate is archaic compared to all the other IC agencies.

I've also read some threads on here saying that there is a new company handling BIs. I'm in the very early stages of the application process but I don't think 3 years to FJO is very promising, its sort of discouraging to think that I need to plan for a 3-4 year process.
someoldguy  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:13:22 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: jarreed Go to Quoted Post
My guess is that the agency is starting to understand that 625 days to adjudicate is archaic compared to all the other IC agencies.
Some of the other agencies can come close, but from what I read on these forums CIA may be in the lead for frustration.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed