Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<91011
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crazytown876543  
#201 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 4:04:25 PM(UTC)
crazytown876543

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: sbmike Go to Quoted Post
Applied - May 2018
Operational Interview - July 2018, was told verbally I would receive CJO at this time
Sent transcript - July 2018
Phone Call to verify information - July 2018
Received CJO - October 2018
Completed Security Forms - October 2018
Revised Security Forms - November 2018

Feels like I don't have much left, but from what I've seen this is the most pivotal step with the BI so fingers crossed. I was also given a timeline when I first went to do my interview, I'm not sure if I should hold that true seeing as though some people's BI has taken over a year?

I submitted my forms in September and was asked for a clarification in October. No BI yet.
futurefbiagent2018  
#202 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 4:26:16 PM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crazytown876543 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sbmike Go to Quoted Post
Applied - May 2018
Operational Interview - July 2018, was told verbally I would receive CJO at this time
Sent transcript - July 2018
Phone Call to verify information - July 2018
Received CJO - October 2018
Completed Security Forms - October 2018
Revised Security Forms - November 2018

Feels like I don't have much left, but from what I've seen this is the most pivotal step with the BI so fingers crossed. I was also given a timeline when I first went to do my interview, I'm not sure if I should hold that true seeing as though some people's BI has taken over a year?

I submitted my forms in September and was asked for a clarification in October. No BI yet.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you’re confused. You said you submitted your forms (I’m assuming online) and then they contacted you again to clarify information, doesn’t that ring a bell? Even if you have no met with your BI for a face-to-face, you are going through a background investigation.
Buckle up buttercup. Its a long ride!
crazytown876543  
#203 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 7:28:42 PM(UTC)
crazytown876543

United States

Originally Posted by: futurefbiagent2018 Go to Quoted Post

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you’re confused. You said you submitted your forms (I’m assuming online) and then they contacted you again to clarify information, doesn’t that ring a bell? Even if you have no met with your BI for a face-to-face, you are going through a background investigation.

ok?

Lets correct the confusion: If i have a BI started, I was not told yet.
futurefbiagent2018  
#204 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 7:58:30 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

ok?

Your BI starts the moment they receive those form hun.
thanks 1 user thanked futurefbiagent2018 for this useful post.
curious cows on 11/6/2018(UTC)
Porgy  
#205 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 1:56:05 PM(UTC)
Porgy

Man

ok?

Gotcha gotcha -- was it to just confirm your education info and just basic biographical stuff? It seems like the order of what steps are done seem to vary.
futurefbiagent2018  
#206 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 4:01:58 PM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: Muhdoerves Go to Quoted Post

ok?

Gotcha gotcha -- was it to just confirm your education info and just basic biographical stuff? It seems like the order of what steps are done seem to vary.

in my experience, wasn't ed at all or work, was more confirming answers or clarifying info on the questions. More in-depth I'd say.
velcroTech  
#207 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 5:48:52 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)

ok?

in my experience, wasn't ed at all or work, was more confirming answers or clarifying info on the questions. More in-depth I'd say.

Have you checked your free annual credit report to see if DOD has pulled your credit recently? You can usually tell what stage of the investigation you are in when they pulled your report and if you are currently cleared. Its going to be a soft pull so it wont show up on your regular report.
curious cows  
#208 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 6:01:35 PM(UTC)
curious cows

United States

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

ok?

Have you checked your free annual credit report to see if DOD has pulled your credit recently? You can usually tell what stage of the investigation you are in when they pulled your report and if you are currently cleared. Its going to be a soft pull so it wont show up on your regular report.

Can you please elaborate more on how to use your free annual credit report to check to the stages of our ongoing investigations? I'd greatly appreciate it!
velcroTech  
#209 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 6:44:37 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post

ok?

Can you please elaborate more on how to use your free annual credit report to check to the stages of our ongoing investigations? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Just look at it. There will be a section that shows the "soft" pulls and if you see DOD on there you know they have began that part of your BI.
It may show as Account Review Inquiries.
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
futurefbiagent2018 on 11/7/2018(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018  
#210 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 4:32:36 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post

ok?

Just look at it. There will be a section that shows the "soft" pulls and if you see DOD on there you know they have began that part of your BI.
It may show as Account Review Inquiries.

This is a great idea. I get alerts on my credit report regularly whenever something changes. I actually pay an extra fee for these services through my bank. I haven't had any alerts recently but will def keep an eye on this.

thank you :)
Rhouston  
#211 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 6:33:42 AM(UTC)
Rhouston

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Does anyone know the hiring process for someone who already has a clearance and poly?
velcroTech  
#212 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 6:47:27 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: Rhouston Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know the hiring process for someone who already has a clearance and poly?

It depends. If DOD holds your clearance and your poly is less than a year old (coming from my hiring manager, cannot verify) you might bypass some of the wait. They still make you fill out all the forms though. You will still need to complete the other tests and will be evaluated for suitability. Good luck.
futurefbiagent2018  
#213 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 9:16:57 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

That means that you start from scratch and that is because all agencies have internal procedures and specific processes they follow. Like someone else said, yoiur wait may no be as long as someone who has never had one but you will most likely go thru a similar process. If you have a CJO, I would ask the HR rep to orientate you on their process.
Rhouston  
#214 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 10:16:57 AM(UTC)
Rhouston

United States

That means that you start from scratch and that is because all agencies have internal procedures and specific processes they follow. Like someone else said, yoiur wait may no be as long as someone who has never had one but you will most likely go thru a similar process. If you have a CJO, I would ask the HR rep to orientate you on their process.

Sounds good, thank you
justlurking22444  
#215 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 6:04:42 PM(UTC)
justlurking22444

My rough timeline...
April: Applied, took online test, phone screening interview
May: In person interview, CJO 1 week later
Early June: submitted security forms
July: contacted to clarify/give missing info on security forms
August: contact to schedule poly/psych for sept, BI interview
September: poly/psych (passed)
September: follow up interview with BI to clarify info

Haven't herd anything else since then.. now I am just waiting. I am not sure whether my investigation is still going, whether I'm in adjudication.. my recruiter never responds to my calls/emails. But I am impatiently waiting to here something!!
thanks 1 user thanked justlurking22444 for this useful post.
futurefbiagent2018 on 11/8/2018(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018  
#216 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 4:37:34 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: justlurking22444 Go to Quoted Post
My rough timeline...

Haven't herd anything else since then.. now I am just waiting. I am not sure whether my investigation is still going, whether I'm in adjudication.. my recruiter never responds to my calls/emails. But I am impatiently waiting to here something!!

Nothing against you personally but these timelines are the ones that get me upset. You haven’t even been in the process for 6 months and you already took psych and poly, while a bunch of us have been in the process for a year and haven’t heard back from anyone after submitting security forms. You’re one of those extra special type of people. Let me guess, you’re Caucasian? And no foreign contacts or family? Haven’t traveled all that much?
BatDog123  
#217 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 5:58:12 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

Groups: Unapproved
United States

My rough timeline...

Nothing against you personally but these timelines are the ones that get me upset. You haven’t even been in the process for 6 months and you already took psych and poly, while a bunch of us have been in the process for a year and haven’t heard back from anyone after submitting security forms. You’re one of those extra special type of people. Let me guess, you’re Caucasian? And no foreign contacts or family? Haven’t traveled all that much?

Could it be all of your Fed history that maybe is your hold up? You've mentioned that you've only worked for the Federal government for years, so maybe these applicants from the private sector are just higher priority for them to get in and processed?

I understand you are frustrated with the timeline, but I think your case is a bit different than those of us with no Fed history, starting at the bottom coming in. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I don't know.

futurefbiagent2018  
#218 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:06:18 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: BatDog123 Go to Quoted Post
My rough timeline...

Could it be all of your Fed history that maybe is your hold up? You've mentioned that you've only worked for the Federal government for years, so maybe these applicants from the private sector are just higher priority for them to get in and processed?

I understand you are frustrated with the timeline, but I think your case is a bit different than those of us with no Fed history, starting at the bottom coming in. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I don't know.

I don't know. but I have traveled extensively to other countries including two countries in the Middle East, all Europe, and Cuba. Landed in Russia once but that was a transfer. I have some medical history nothing related to combat though. No criminal history. I don't know why I am waiting for almost 1 year after submitting sec forms.

I have a second panel interview with another agency doing a similar job to the NSA position I applied for. If I am given a FJO I don't know what I am going to do. They told me their T/S takes less than 4 months to complete, and I am permitted to work on a waiver until the full investigation is completed. I would feel very sad to move on with my life with another agency. But Jan 2019 my contract is over and I cant afford to be without a job. I thought by now, I would be with the NSA. I really thought the process was not going to take more than a year. Boy was I wrong.

Edited by user Thursday, November 08, 2018 6:08:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed