Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 11:38:04 AM(UTC)
Chat

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I am a fellow applicant for the Honors Internship Program and just waiting on the BI. I figure we should have a topic where we can communicate about housing and transportation options.
lilety  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 11:47:57 AM(UTC)
lilety

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi! Thanks so much for making this topic. What's everyone's timeline looking like?
lezzels605  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 12:04:15 PM(UTC)
lezzels605

Woman
United States

Hi all! I'm also a candidate for Quantico. I'm coming from California so I'll definitely need some housing and transportation options.

For my timeline, I'm waiting for my BI to clear and get adjudicated. But, I haven't heard back yet :/
lilety  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 12:43:31 PM(UTC)
lilety

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Nothing here either. I'm sure its gonna be as close to the start date as possible unfortunately.
ISE93  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 3:54:21 PM(UTC)
ISE93

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello All,

I am on the same waiting boat for Quantico. I'm coming from FL.

elwale  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 4:04:48 PM(UTC)
elwale

United States

I am also headed to Quantico! (if we ever hear back lol) I'm coming from New Jersey
Spectre10  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 02, 2018 6:04:34 PM(UTC)
Spectre10

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lezzels605 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all! I'm also a candidate for Quantico. I'm coming from California so I'll definitely need some housing and transportation options.

For my timeline, I'm waiting for my BI to clear and get adjudicated. But, I haven't heard back yet :/

I'm heading to Quantico from California as well. Still looking at options but I haven't heard anything either.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 02, 2018 9:02:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chat  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 7:53:45 AM(UTC)
Chat

Man
United States

I'm glad to see all of you posting here! I live just below Quantico so if you are moving here from out of state and don't know the area, which I think is most of you, let me help you out housing wise. Quantico is of course a Marine Corps base, all of the FBI buildings are on the training side and there are two entrances. Highway 95 runs right through the middle of Quantico splitting it in two, "main side" where most of the Marines are, and the training side where the FBI buildings are. For towns you have, the town just below that is the easiest to get to the buildings is called Stafford. I would highly suggest looking there for housing, it is a very safe and friendly town and for the most part the cheapest you find in the area. Above Quantico there are a few very small town called Triangle and Dumfries. Triangle does not have very many houses but if you can find one it is usually very inexpensive, Dumfries on the other hand is very nice and usually more expensive, you get what you pay for. All of these towns are no more than 20 minutes away from the actual buildings on base.
Chat  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2018 8:01:47 AM(UTC)
Chat

Man
United States

Unfortunately we are near DC so housing is a little more expensive, for a 1 bedroom the average is $1200, so just be prepared for when you start looking into where you are going to live. Another thing if you are going to be flying here the closest major airport is Ronald Reagan International or Dulles. There are some smaller airports like one in Manassas but it is usually cheaper to fly into an international airport. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, this whole process for me at least has been dragging on and long but we only have a few more weeks before the start date. I will help however I can but I can't answer what isn't asked.
TMHTE  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2018 6:49:10 AM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Stafford used to be cheaper but is now the new Woodbridge in terms of price these days. I'd look at going to Fredericksburg or Spotsylvania. Yes it's a longer drive but still better than going to DC like a good fraction of the population here is forced to do.

Not FBi but do work in (near?) Quantico.

Edited by user Saturday, May 05, 2018 6:51:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bstapleton  
#11 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2018 2:37:33 PM(UTC)
bstapleton

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Glad someone did a topic just for Quantico, because I do feel like it is its own animal, in terms of housing, transportation, etc.

I had a CJO for Quantico last year and they didn't adjudicate me until beginning of August 2017. I had some big hiccups, but kept up clearance in an RO here in California, and finally got my transfer survey last week (which they generated back in February but didn't send me...). I put in for Training Division, just hoping the spots didn't fill up while I was trying to get responses back. 😕

I had planned to do summer intern housing at somewhere like GMU and drive. Their rates were pretty reasonable, and you can do as few as 4 weeks. I had also heard from a professor who had done another internship that she lived with an agent who had an extra room to let. I'm working on asking around about that, because I feel like that's such a good networking opportunity, and it's a roommate you don't have to have vetted.
HIP

Quantico
CJO: 1/24/17
SI: 4/3/17
PE: 4/27/17, 5/25/17
BI: 6/7/17
ADJ: 8/4/17
mxm123  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2018 8:37:06 AM(UTC)
mxm123

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got my ADJ today. Now I'm looking for roommates and housing. If you're from the area, could you maybe provide some cheap options for housing or give us some places to narrow our search. Thanks
lezzels605  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2018 8:51:55 AM(UTC)
lezzels605

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mxm123 Go to Quoted Post
Just got my ADJ today. Now I'm looking for roommates and housing. If you're from the area, could you maybe provide some cheap options for housing or give us some places to narrow our search. Thanks

You got an FJO today for Quantico? Congrats!
I haven't gotten anything yet... now I'm worried.
Chat  
#14 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2018 9:38:46 AM(UTC)
Chat

Man
United States

Congratulations!! I live near the area like I said in a previous post, like TMHTE has said Fredericksburg or Spotsylvania is cheaper the major problem is the traffic around 5 or 6 pm. To get back down to that area will take you about the same amount of time as going to DC. I would highly suggest looking in Triangle, or Dumfries along Highway 1, there are some decent housing options that are not as expensive as Stafford, or Woodbridge. There are some townhomes that you could try and share the rent with others on Highway 1 between Quantico and Garrisonville road. I live in a townhome like that and the drive is much better.
mxm123  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2018 8:25:36 AM(UTC)
mxm123

United States

Anybody possible looking for roommates PM me. I think it would be cheaper and we could always carpool.
Chat  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:19:53 AM(UTC)
Chat

Man
United States

How are the searches going?
mxm123  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:31:04 PM(UTC)
mxm123

United States

Has anyone had any luck with airBnB?
Chat  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 8:54:33 AM(UTC)
Chat

Man
United States

Has anyone had any luck with airBnB?

Sorry mxm123 I guess no one has, I personally have never used AirBnB.
lezzels605  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:27:40 AM(UTC)
lezzels605

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Chat Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately we are near DC so housing is a little more expensive, for a 1 bedroom the average is $1200, so just be prepared for when you start looking into where you are going to live. Another thing if you are going to be flying here the closest major airport is Ronald Reagan International or Dulles. There are some smaller airports like one in Manassas but it is usually cheaper to fly into an international airport. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, this whole process for me at least has been dragging on and long but we only have a few more weeks before the start date. I will help however I can but I can't answer what isn't asked.

Chat,
So if we fly into any of these two airports, what's the best train/bus route to get into Virginia? I may not have a car. I'm looking into flights now before they get too expensive. No FJO tho :/

Edited by user Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:29:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chat  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:42:43 AM(UTC)
Chat

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: lezzels605 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chat Go to Quoted Post

Chat,
So if we fly into any of these two airports, what's the best train/bus route to get into Virginia? I may not have a car. I'm looking into flights now before they get too expensive. No FJO tho :/

Great question I would suggest looking into VRE that's the main train and Amtrak. The only bad part is you may have to take a cab to the train station but it will be much cheaper than taking a cab. There is actually a station inside the base on main side. It will drop you off in the town of Quantico which resides inside the base.
I found this site which gives pretty good info. https://www.rome2rio.com...port-DCA/Stafford-VA-USA
Rss Feed  Atom Feed