Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Destiny  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 1:48:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Is this common practice. I received an email from hr this week to select my rod date and yesterday I got a call to meet with an investigator at my workplace. Does this Mean I don’t get to start on the date I selected and they are worried about hiring me? Secret clearance for anyone wondering.
FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:31:44 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Destiny Go to Quoted Post
Is this common practice. I received an email from hr this week to select my rod date and yesterday I got a call to meet with an investigator at my workplace. Does this Mean I don’t get to start on the date I selected and they are worried about hiring me? Secret clearance for anyone wondering.

Status of interim clearance?
Destiny  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:02:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrankJr Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Destiny Go to Quoted Post

Status of interim clearance?

The email I received stated I cleared all pre-employment requirements and they are ready to set an entry date so I assumed that meant I received my interim. I didn't specifically ask.
habu987  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 10:50:58 AM(UTC)
habu987

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Not sure if it's common practice or not, but I received a call from an investigator last week for a position I'd turned down last summer, so I'd have been on the job for 9 months before the interview. That was for a public trust.
globecreets  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 9:11:41 AM(UTC)
globecreets

I’m still in the process of getting a clearance and haven’t gotten an EOD, but I’ve done a good bit of research and spoken to people in the security department. That seems like that’s normal. For me at least. You get your EOD and the investigation continues in the background while you’re working. PM me if you have any oher questions. I see this was a few months ago. Everything work out okay?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed