Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Flaming01  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 9:11:36 PM(UTC)
Flaming01

Groups: Registered
United States

I submitted a paper based SF86 in Nov 2016 after a conditional job offer through a gov contractor. After submission, there was some back and forth questions and clarifications on some dates and issues on the form- only through emails with my point of contact. April 9th I had a 6.5 hour poly followed by an interview with an investigator that lasted approximately 3 hours. May 10, my supervisor was interviewed by a local investigator in a different state.

I called OPM June 5th, they confirmed they are not conducting an investigation on me and I need to inquire about the status somewhere else- with a different agency.

What was really interesting, through this process, I had not been fingerprinted. But I was fingerprinted for a different agency/job in 2015.

Where do I stand in this process? Thank you.
Exit7A  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 6:25:53 PM(UTC)
Exit7A

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Flaming01 Go to Quoted Post
I submitted a paper based SF86 in Nov 2016 after a conditional job offer through a gov contractor. After submission, there was some back and forth questions and clarifications on some dates and issues on the form- only through emails with my point of contact. April 9th I had a 6.5 hour poly followed by an interview with an investigator that lasted approximately 3 hours. May 10, my supervisor was interviewed by a local investigator in a different state.

I called OPM June 5th, they confirmed they are not conducting an investigation on me and I need to inquire about the status somewhere else- with a different agency.

What was really interesting, through this process, I had not been fingerprinted. But I was fingerprinted for a different agency/job in 2015.

Where do I stand in this process? Thank you.

Not all clearances go through OPM. It all depends on the Agency you work for. I would recommend contacting your POC with regards to your status.
That's all I got to say about that.
Flaming01  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:35:21 PM(UTC)
Flaming01

United States

After interviewing my manager separately in NC, a background investigator called HR and asked to review my personal records. He stated to her this this being "expedited"

He went with her today (after approximately a month from interviewing my manager).

I wonder if I am close to be adjudicated?

Thank you.
Flaming01  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:41:09 PM(UTC)
Flaming01

United States

It also seems none of my references were contacted.
BackGdInvestigator  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 2:13:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 56 post(s)
NBIB has not accepted paper SF86 submissions in years.
If you submitted a paper questionnaire - you are not being investigated by OPM/NBIB.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed