Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vlad73  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:58:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Anyone know specifics? It sounds like this is for staffing the new "National Vetting Center" announced this Feb. but where exactly in Atlanta? At their field office? How many are they looking for?
tknore  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:26:36 PM(UTC)
tknore

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I got a referral but haven’t heard anything since.
Vlad73  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:05:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: tknore Go to Quoted Post
I got a referral but haven’t heard anything since.

When was that? I got a referral notice Tuesday.
tknore  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:33:43 PM(UTC)
tknore

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Same. I’ve put in for a couple of these ISOi and ISOii Jobs. Most of which I got a referral for and not heard since starting beginning of May. I got an email for an interview for another 2 days after and my friend hours after the referral. I’m not sure how it works after you are referred.
Sunandseashells  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:23:59 PM(UTC)

I got a referral on Tuesday June 12th and have heard nothing since.

Originally applied for this job back in early May, got referred and then waited almost a month before they sent notice that that posting was canceled and to reapply to this new one. The only difference this second time around was having to take the USAhire test.

If anyone has any other information on this new center in Atlanta or has heard anything about how many vacancies there are for this job, please share. I’m not even sure where this office is located ???

I’ll update if I hear anything more. This job search is discouraging at times and feels so drawn out. It’s good to hear others are playing the same waiting game.
Sunandseashells  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 4:29:19 PM(UTC)

Tknore, did you or your friend actually interview yet? Is it a phone interview or where in Atlanta?
Vlad73  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:18:49 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Sunandseashells Go to Quoted Post

If anyone has any other information on this new center in Atlanta or has heard anything about how many vacancies there are for this job, please share. I’m not even sure where this office is located ???

I emailed USCIS and was told they have no specifics on how many or where. I could only find the field office near Decatur GA on Parklake. Nice area, nice apartments, two supermarkets, a Target, a Best Buy, Red Lobster within a mile along with other stores. (I don't live there, this is all from Google Maps.)
Sunandseashells  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:41:17 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info Vlad73.

I’ve heard of other positions that were posted late last year for this office that doesn’t exist yet but don’t think anyone has actually gotten hired yet. I’d love to know why they keep putting these jobs out and specify right in the announcement that they “expect to make final job offers within 90 days after the deadline for applications” if they don’t even have an office ready or any intention to hire that quickly.

I’ll try to email them too or call and see what kind of response they give.
Vlad73  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:45:25 AM(UTC)

If this is indeed for the new Vetting Office it was only announced in February. Unfortunately nothing moves quickly in the USG. I have to get an enhanced public trust for my current job. I don't have a complicated BG at all but it's still ongoing for six months. Even for an interim Secret for this job I think would take until at least Spring 2019 (if they get started within the next 2-3 months that is) even for someone like me. Glad I have a job now.
Vlad73  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 8:03:02 AM(UTC)

Anything new to report?
Vlad73  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:45:40 PM(UTC)

Has anyone heard anything since last fall? Anyone had any new contacts / emails?
Lyricess  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 4, 2022 6:02:02 PM(UTC)
Lyricess

United States

Currently in the hiring process. Did you all ever here back? Do you work here now?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed