Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability (Rehabilitation Act)

Post your thoughts and opinions here about disability-related news topics. Members can exchange their experiences and information so to help others navigate the different programs and services available.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jake1000  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:07:07 AM(UTC)
Jake1000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As a current Fed, I recently saw an announcement that was Delegated Exam Authority: Open to public. I emailed HR and was informed that it is NOT Schedule A eligible.

How does one know if a job announcement is Schedule A eligible? Only if it is stated in the job announcement? Or, do I have to keep emailing HR to find out? In which, half the time I NEVER receive a reply back.

Thanks in advance. I

Edited by user Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:23:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:04:42 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jake1000 Go to Quoted Post
As a current Fed, I recently saw an announcement that was Delegated Exam Authority: Open to public. I emailed HR and was informed that it is NOT Schedule A eligible.

How does one know if a job announcement is Schedule A eligible? Only if it is stated in the job announcement? Or, do I have to keep emailing HR to find out? In which, half the time I NEVER receive a reply back.

Thanks in advance. I

The path of least resistance is the "eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities" job announcements. HR is not the authoritative resource. The point of contact is the selective placement program coordinator. Stop emailing HR with questions answered in detail elsewhere.

https://www.opm.gov/poli...m-coordinator-directory/

A Schedule A hiring would result in a two year trial period. Not ideal for a current federal employee. Expect little if any helpful information from management or HR.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:06:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nicole C.  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 5:48:47 PM(UTC)
Nicole C.

The problem you email the sppc, they tell you we don't know. The sppc dont even respond to your emails. That what I am experiencing.
FrankJr  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 6:44:14 AM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nicole C. Go to Quoted Post
The problem you email the sppc, they tell you we don't know. The sppc dont even respond to your emails. That what I am experiencing.

How do I know a job is open to individuals with a disability?
In the job announcement look for the This job is open to section. When a job is open to Individuals with a disability you’ll see this icon: There may be other groups listed that can also apply.

You can also select the Individuals with disabilities filter in search. Your results will display all jobs open to individuals with disabilities.

-->> -->> This job is open to... Individuals with disabilities & click Apply. <<-- <<--

If This job is open to... Individuals with disabilities NOT = YES do not click Apply.

Stop emailing HR. Stop emailing SPPC. Apply via USA Jobs.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 04, 2018 6:45:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed