Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability (Rehabilitation Act)

Post your thoughts and opinions here about disability-related news topics. Members can exchange their experiences and information so to help others navigate the different programs and services available.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Polar Bear  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2018 8:08:25 AM(UTC)
Polar Bear

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, so I've been eligible for Schedule A hiring for people with disabilities since 2009. I just now went ahead and am getting a letter from my doctor. In the past, I felt it would hurt my career search to use this vehicle into federal service. My question is some of the job postings are still asking for information that is no longer needed on Schedule A letters, and won't be on the letter I'm getting from the doctor. While I can obviously prove my condition in subsequent interactions, what should I do for applications that ask for that information on the letter? Still apply, ask for clarification, etc?

Second question, if the vacancy notice just asks for my eligibility under that program but does not specifically ask for the letter 'yet,' should I just go ahead and upload it to a miscellaneous heading/upload or only do so if asked after the vacancy closes?
FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2018 3:00:11 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Polar Bear Go to Quoted Post
Hi, so I've been eligible for Schedule A hiring for people with disabilities since 2009. I just now went ahead and am getting a letter from my doctor. In the past, I felt it would hurt my career search to use this vehicle into federal service. My question is some of the job postings are still asking for information that is no longer needed on Schedule A letters, and won't be on the letter I'm getting from the doctor. While I can obviously prove my condition in subsequent interactions, what should I do for applications that ask for that information on the letter? Still apply, ask for clarification, etc?

Second question, if the vacancy notice just asks for my eligibility under that program but does not specifically ask for the letter 'yet,' should I just go ahead and upload it to a miscellaneous heading/upload or only do so if asked after the vacancy closes?

https://www.usajobs.gov/...duals-with-disabilities/

Every question asked is answered on the usajobs site.

A disability letter from you doctor or a licensed medical professional that proves your eligibility for Schedule A appointment -- (not proves your disability)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed