Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

9 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
T[REDACTED]  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:35:03 PM(UTC)
T[REDACTED]

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Good Afternoon All,

I saw the old threads and wanted to create another one for the applicants this year.

I recently talked to an SA who is involved with the program and I was told that it should open up 14 August.
Below is the link for information, and you can find the internship posting itself at FBI jobs once it opens.

Not that it matters too much, but here are my rough stats:
Undergrad GPA - 3.75 (Liberal Arts) (40 credits earned, all on active duty)
Active Duty Servicemember (3 years)
Some IC experience, via the military.
Some think tank experience (While on active duty)

If anyone has any questions, I'm more than happy to shine some light on the clearance process, to the best of my ability.

Good luck, everyone!

https://www.fbijobs.gov/students/undergrad

EDIT: 25 AUG 18 -- The internship has posted on FBI Jobs!
https://apply.fbijobs.go...pl=FolderPath%2cIsFolder

Edited by user Friday, August 24, 2018 3:20:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Application Complete: 8/xx/18
Candidate Interview: 11/09/18
thanks 3 users thanked T[REDACTED] for this useful post.
Nicholaus on 7/19/2018(UTC), RW2022 on 7/23/2018(UTC), jw28 on 8/13/2018(UTC)
LindseyLea  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:50:02 AM(UTC)
LindseyLea

United States

Hello! Waiting for the Internship to open up! Just a few questions for those that may know; 1.) I am a Graduate student getting my Masters in Social Work. My Undergraduate degree is also in Social Work, will recruiters be interested in me? 2.) For those that were denied the internship in the past, would you mind sharing your disqualifiers?
T[REDACTED]  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 3:40:14 AM(UTC)
T[REDACTED]

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: LindseyLea Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Waiting for the Internship to open up! Just a few questions for those that may know; 1.) I am a Graduate student getting my Masters in Social Work. My Undergraduate degree is also in Social Work, will recruiters be interested in me? 2.) For those that were denied the internship in the past, would you mind sharing your disqualifiers?

Going off of the FBI website, they articulate that they are interested in all sorts of people. I'm sure you could find a way to leverage your major. With so many applicants, there are many opportunities to get DQ'd. I would assume that a poor interview and failing the security process are the top two reasons one is DQ'd.

RW2022  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 9:28:46 AM(UTC)
RW2022

United States

I followed the 2018 forum. This will be the first year I am applying. Wishing all who read this good luck.
federalequestrian  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 02, 2018 10:59:39 AM(UTC)
federalequestrian

United States

Hi everyone,

I am currently a sophomore (age wise, but a Junior credit wise) in an Arkansas undergrad program--studying psychology with a foreign language & accounting minor. This will be my first year applying to the internship program. I have a 4.0 GPA, and really want this internship. Does anyone have the email to ask questions regarding the admission process/anyone know when it's going to open or when the paperwork will be released so we can fill it out??

Thanks in advance and good luck to all applying!!
T[REDACTED]  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 10:24:57 PM(UTC)
T[REDACTED]

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: federalequestrian Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the email to ask questions regarding the admission process/anyone know when it's going to open or when the paperwork will be released so we can fill it out??

I was told 14 Aug from a SA in charge of it at one field office. As far as RFIs go, there is no real email POC for it, at least until you apply and are put in contact with an applicant coordinator.

thanks 1 user thanked T[REDACTED] for this useful post.
ariel tello on 8/4/2018(UTC)
Hawkeye25  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 1:08:50 PM(UTC)
Hawkeye25

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: federalequestrian Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,

I am currently a sophomore (age wise, but a Junior credit wise) in an Arkansas undergrad program--studying psychology with a foreign language & accounting minor. This will be my first year applying to the internship program. I have a 4.0 GPA, and really want this internship. Does anyone have the email to ask questions regarding the admission process/anyone know when it's going to open or when the paperwork will be released so we can fill it out??

Thanks in advance and good luck to all applying!!

Usually the application will open in mid to late August with a due date of mid October. I wouldn’t recommend emailing them. Don’t take this the wrong way but we are all very busy on a daily basis, especially the applicant coordinators, and there shouldn’t really be any need to ask questions at this point.
LMC  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 3:40:50 PM(UTC)
LMC

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck in applying to the HIP for 2019, however I just want to encourage you all of a few things:

1) Do not only apply to this internship if you need an internship
2) Keep a thorough record of communications you have during your process
3) Keep a record of your timeline
4) Do not get your hopes up

I know that the last one is harsh, but it's real. I am one of the many, many applicants who did absolutely everything right, and passed every test, but they STILL did not complete my background investigation in time for the Summer 2018 internship. As you all will come to know, it is a rewarding and informative process, but it is also equally frustrating. So I wish you all tremendous luck, but do apply to other places so you are not left without an internship, and do remain realistic.

Edited by user Monday, August 13, 2018 3:41:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification

Applied: 9/17/17
Interview: 11/14/17
CJO: 12/15/17
E-Qip Submitted: 12/30/17
PSI: 1/31/18
Poly: 2/7/18

thanks 5 users thanked LMC for this useful post.
RW2022 on 8/14/2018(UTC), so55457767 on 8/14/2018(UTC), scar55 on 8/14/2018(UTC), EMS100 on 8/14/2018(UTC), Typasius on 8/18/2018(UTC)
E. Roku  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:18:13 PM(UTC)
E. Roku

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does the application call for recommendation letters or reference contacts?
thanks 1 user thanked E. Roku for this useful post.
RW2022 on 8/16/2018(UTC)
T[REDACTED]  
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:34:37 PM(UTC)
T[REDACTED]

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: E. Roku Go to Quoted Post

To my knowledge, no.
torella  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:19:26 PM(UTC)
torella

United States

Hi There!

SO glad this thread is up. I read the one last year as I was applying and unfortunately did not make it, but am excited to apply again!
Does anyone know if the application is open? I tried searching the FBI Jobs page and nothing is up yet.

Thanks!
thanks 1 user thanked torella for this useful post.
RW2022 on 8/26/2018(UTC)
Jmc10  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:05:29 PM(UTC)
Jmc10

Groups: Unapproved

Hi Torella,

I am excited to apply as well! I had the opportunity this summer to participate in the FBI's Future Agents in Training program and it was a blast. At one point they brought in the honors interns to discuss their experiences with the internship and I've been set on pursuing it since. I probably won't make it this time around as I'll only be a college freshman this year but it's worth a try, right? As far as when applications open the FBI shared on their facebook page yesterday that the application cycle will begin on August 24th.
EMS100  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 4:34:23 PM(UTC)
EMS100

Groups: Unapproved
United States

First off, good luck to everyone who is applying! This is my first year applying and I have been waiting for the applications to be posted.

I wanted to make a quick post with a few links I have found helpful as I create my resume. The FBI actually has a resume template you can use and a guide to go along with it.

Template: https://www.fbijobs.gov/...ral_Resume_Template.docx
Resume Guide: https://www.fbijobs.gov/...ederal_Resume_Guide.docx

Again, good luck everyone!
RW2022  
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:42:27 PM(UTC)
RW2022

United States

I just checked and the 2019 FBI Honors Internship is now OPEN!!!!!!
The announcement will be open from 08/24/2018 to 10/14/2018.
I want to wish all of you applying good luck, especialy ME!.

Link: https://apply.fbijobs.go...lderPath%2cIsFolder&

Let the fun begin!

RW2022...
E. Roku  
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:52:45 PM(UTC)
E. Roku

United States

In the questionnaire, it asks us for what describes our education (STEM, Finance, Liberal Arts, Other, etc). What if we're dual majoring in a STEM degree and a Liberal Arts degree? Should we select "Other"?
thanks 1 user thanked E. Roku for this useful post.
RW2022 on 8/27/2018(UTC)
w.fierce  
#16 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 7:28:39 AM(UTC)
w.fierce

United States

Edit: Never mind, spoke too soon. I found a link above that brought me where I need to go.

I guess this is a silly question, but where is the link to the application? I have gone to the FBI jobs/honors internship page but the only links available there are for supporting documentation (Program Term Acknowledgment Form & School Certification Form,) no application.

Edited by user Monday, August 27, 2018 7:32:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

torella  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 11:52:55 AM(UTC)
torella

United States

Originally Posted by: Jmc10 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Torella,

I am excited to apply as well! I had the opportunity this summer to participate in the FBI's Future Agents in Training program and it was a blast. At one point they brought in the honors interns to discuss their experiences with the internship and I've been set on pursuing it since. I probably won't make it this time around as I'll only be a college freshman this year but it's worth a try, right? As far as when applications open the FBI shared on their facebook page yesterday that the application cycle will begin on August 24th.

That's awesome! And good luck-- it doesn't hurt to try! I've heard about freshman making it but I know it is less common. Thank you for the update, I'm glad the app is open now.
Thanks, and good luck to all!
thanks 1 user thanked torella for this useful post.
RW2022 on 8/27/2018(UTC)
ymzk  
#18 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 4:38:52 PM(UTC)
ymzk

United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: E. Roku Go to Quoted Post

The initial application should not require recommendation letters or reference contacts (as far as I can remember) but when you make it further into the application process with the background investigation, you will be required to provide reference contacts. So I would recommend beginning to compile a list of contacts (friends, professors, employers, classmates, old roommates) early on to avoid the potential headache later on with all of the background investigation paperwork because the submission deadline and window of time you'll be given to complete it will be very, very small.

Best of luck to everyone applying for the 2019 Honors Internship program! I recently just completed my internship for the 2018 summer so if anyone has any questions about the application process or need clarification on anything, feel free to PM me.
thanks 2 users thanked ymzk for this useful post.
E. Roku on 8/27/2018(UTC), torella on 8/28/2018(UTC)
JSD  
#19 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 6:35:40 PM(UTC)
JSD

United States

Are applicants considered and contacted on a rolling basis or is everyone contacted after the October deadline? About when should I expect to be contacted for interview if they're interested in my application?
T[REDACTED]  
#20 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 6:36:19 PM(UTC)
T[REDACTED]

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: w.fierce Go to Quoted Post
Edit: Never mind, spoke too soon. I found a link above that brought me where I need to go.

I guess this is a silly question, but where is the link to the application? I have gone to the FBI jobs/honors internship page but the only links available there are for supporting documentation (Program Term Acknowledgment Form & School Certification Form,) no application.

Go to FBI Jobs and search honors intern, or intern. It will pop up.

R/
T
thanks 1 user thanked T[REDACTED] for this useful post.
jackmazon on 11/2/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed