Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

30 Pages«<2627282930>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ttotl  
#541 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:50:45 PM(UTC)
ttotl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oldag96 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ttotl Go to Quoted Post
DCHQ here also just got notified it will not finish, pretty frustrating now that I had to turn down several opportunities this summer.

When was your last processing date for your application? I haven't got that email yet and my processing date updated yesterday.

It never updated since January

Man that sucks so bad. This is such a terrible feeling. I feel so bad for anyone who did not get to start. But my POC informed me that we will be able to continue with the school year portion of the internship, as it's not contingent on completing the Summer portion.
cbm2017  
#542 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:53:56 PM(UTC)
cbm2017

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
DCHQ here also just got notified it will not finish, pretty frustrating now that I had to turn down several opportunities this summer.

When was your last processing date for your application? I haven't got that email yet and my processing date updated yesterday.

Man that sucks so bad. This is such a terrible feeling. I feel so bad for anyone who did not get to start. But my POC informed me that we will be able to continue with the school year portion of the internship, as it's not contingent on completing the Summer portion.

Wait there is a for sure school year portion? Do you have any additional information on this?
ttotl  
#543 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:55:46 PM(UTC)
ttotl

United States

Originally Posted by: cbm2017 Go to Quoted Post

Wait there is a for sure school year portion? Do you have any additional information on this?

When I went to get fingerprinted and drug tested, I sat and talked w/ my FO poc and she detailed to me that I would be participating in the school year portion, which is not full time.
magnetar44  
#544 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:56:35 PM(UTC)
magnetar44

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
NYC FO here -- also got the email stating BI wouldn't be done in time... very dismayed by this. Does anybody know if there is a way for us to put this experience on our resumes? Or if there is a person we can reach out to so they can provide us with the appropriate steps to do so? I would find it unlikely that we would go through this cumbersome process and not have any sort of way to recount it (abiding by all OPSEC regulations, of course) on our resumes, even if we didn't partake in the internship.
thanks 1 user thanked magnetar44 for this useful post.
Zyxw4321 on 6/14/2019(UTC)
anon1678  
#545 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:15:08 PM(UTC)
anon1678

I am late here, but I think this information may be of value to those that will not have your backgrounds completed in time. After I interviewed, I received a call from my FO that due to funding cuts, the Bureau can only take a handful of interns for the summer. So, I do not think you should worry that there was something in your background that prolonged the investigation, but rather the Bureau facing significant cuts to staffing due to their budget. Just a thought. Congrats on everyone for making it this far in the process.
Taciturnus  
#546 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 6:13:03 PM(UTC)
Taciturnus

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wowwows2356 Go to Quoted Post
If you have already started— did you fill out any paperwork/on-boarding documents before going in to orientation or did you do all the paperwork on the first day?

I filled all the payroll documents out before orientation, which I think is what they intended us to do, but someone at my office had their offer letter expire before they were able to print it/read it all the way through and they didn't have theirs completed when they got to orientation (because they didn't know they had to do it). I'd probably try to have it done by orientation? But if you have issues with it I'm sure they'll be able to help when you get there.
thanks 1 user thanked Taciturnus for this useful post.
wowwows2356 on 6/15/2019(UTC)
lmd214  
#547 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 9:12:46 PM(UTC)
lmd214

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lgstang Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know if they are planning to finish the BI so we still get the TS clearance?

You only get the TS clearance upon employment with the FBI, so likely no.
motorka11  
#548 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:45:32 PM(UTC)
motorka11

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Friendly reminder to free up your FederalSoup inboxes ~
thanks 1 user thanked motorka11 for this useful post.
toranne on 6/16/2019(UTC)
erikajade37  
#549 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 7:22:06 AM(UTC)
erikajade37

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To everyone who got the email saying they weren’t going to finish our background checks in time for the summer, have you still been receiving active emails? I was supposed to get one today but didn’t.
elineria732  
#550 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 8:38:40 AM(UTC)
elineria732

I received the email saying that my background check wouldn’t be completed in time. Then I got an email saying that I am still “active??” I think it’s a mistake.
motorka11  
#551 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 9:02:22 AM(UTC)
motorka11

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hi all, I just got off the phone with DCHQ. Apparently the e-mail we received was sort of a "warning" that our backgrounds may not be cleared in time, however, it does not mean that we are completely out. Also, some of us received those e-mails by mistake. I am just as confused as you but I guess this Friday the 21st at 5pm, we will know for sure.

Has anyone's processing date or stage changed since ? I'm still in the security component.
thanks 2 users thanked motorka11 for this useful post.
Anad on 6/17/2019(UTC), seacow on 6/17/2019(UTC)
seastudent  
#552 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 9:07:04 AM(UTC)
seastudent

has anyone not uploaded the final transcript but still received a FJO?
jwhitaker22  
#553 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 10:41:20 AM(UTC)
jwhitaker22

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have also been in contact with DCHQ. They have confirmed what motorka11 has said about accidently sending out the email. For those of us that have not gotten the FJO, there is still a small chance to start on the second orientation date.
thanks 2 users thanked jwhitaker22 for this useful post.
seacow on 6/17/2019(UTC), Zyxw4321 on 6/17/2019(UTC)
ttotl  
#554 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 12:27:06 PM(UTC)
ttotl

United States

This legitimately feels like a thrill ride. Will I get the FJO? Will I not? I feel like I'm gambling here.
thanks 5 users thanked ttotl for this useful post.
a_bess on 6/17/2019(UTC), jwhitaker22 on 6/17/2019(UTC), Zyxw4321 on 6/17/2019(UTC), seacow on 6/17/2019(UTC), erikajade37 on 6/17/2019(UTC)
Ria  
#555 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 5:14:06 PM(UTC)
Ria

United States

Hi guys. I’m new here. I didn’t get to apply this year because I didn’t realize that it was due before 12AM est and I’m in San Francisco :(
I’ve been reading some of the stuff about how people didn’t get to start in time, I was wondering if you guys would recommend applying next year? I ended up working for a different federal law enforcement agency and I do want to work for the FBI but I’m worried that I won’t get processed in time and lose out on something else too. Please let me know what you think! Thanks
cbm2017  
#556 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 5:25:28 PM(UTC)
cbm2017

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Has anyone who had their processing date changed last week received an offer letter yet? I got an email last Thursday saying I passed and should be hearing about my start date soon, but so far nothing. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
ttotl  
#557 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 5:39:35 PM(UTC)
ttotl

United States

Has anyone who had their processing date changed last week received an offer letter yet? I got an email last Thursday saying I passed and should be hearing about my start date soon, but so far nothing. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

My processing date changed last Wednesday at 5pm, but I did not receive any sort of correspondence thereafter.
thanks 1 user thanked ttotl for this useful post.
cbm2017 on 6/17/2019(UTC)
a_bess  
#558 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 8:37:29 PM(UTC)
a_bess

United States

My processing date changed last Wednesday at 5pm, but I did not receive any sort of correspondence thereafter.

Mine changed early Friday morning, but my POC said I was still in background and I haven't heard anything else, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
seastudent  
#559 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:01:25 AM(UTC)
seastudent

for anyone that has called HQ to ask about their status— what number did you use?
ajp3x8w4a  
#560 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:56:54 AM(UTC)
ajp3x8w4a

United States

Originally Posted by: elineria732 Go to Quoted Post
I received the email saying that my background check wouldn’t be completed in time. Then I got an email saying that I am still “active??” I think it’s a mistake.

I got the same email last Friday 6/14 saying my background wouldn't be done in time. Then today 6/18 I received an active status email. I'm just going to assume this is an error and it won't be done in time.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed