Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FarmGirl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:21:06 AM(UTC)
FarmGirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I posted this in the Clearance Forum, but didn't get any responses. Maybe someone here has some insight?

Does anyone know how long Public Trust clearances are actually taking for non-attorney positions at DOJ (Criminal Division)? I'm not 100% sure of the specific tier--I currently have tier 2 from HHS/OPM but was told 1. there was no reciprocity between the two agencies and 2. I would need a higher tier (maybe 4? They didn't specify so that's my guess). Security personnel told me it's 6-8 weeks for non-attorney packages, 8-10 weeks for attorney packages. About 3 weeks after fingerprints and submitting the SF85P & other documents I was contacted for additional information and provided it right away. I checked in again about 3 weeks after that and was told they didn't need anything else. It's now been 10 weeks total. If it's taking longer, that's fine, but I was told 6-8 and so of course am now wondering and worrying.

Apart from dual citizenship with Canada thanks to my mother (I've never had a passport, never lived there or went to school there or have even traveled there in 9+ years), my background is super boring (one address, one spouse still married, never been fired or laid off, no criminal anything, no debt beyond mortgage, little international travel and only to Mexico & the Caribbean for vacation, etc).

I have the TO and I've done the drug test and have been given access to the onboarding system. HR is responsive when I reach out, but can only tell me that my security package is still in process.

Anyone have a recent experience with DOJ non-attorney positions that could provide additional insight into actual package processing times?

Many thanks.
Savvyldy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 8:16:59 AM(UTC)
Savvyldy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I got my TO 3 weeks ago and have active secret at another agency...interesting to see how long it takes for adjudication...will update when I hear something...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed