Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

44 Pages«<424344
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CriminalIA  
#861 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:07:47 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FeistyFrog Go to Quoted Post
I had my date change on 1/15/21 and then I got an email from my local FO on 2/1/21 requesting that I fill out a generic form indicating any changes to my information since the background began. So, I think they are finally getting around to the IA backlog.

But I'm a little worried because I had to move to a different state recently and I'm concerned it's going to set me back several months when it seemed like I was nearing the end. Has anyone else moved to a new state while in background? Did you have to re-do any steps?

I moved across the country after I did my PSI. I let my AC know where I would be going, and she took care of forwarding all of the info they had to my new FO. The new FO contacted me to set up the rest of the steps. It wasn't necessarily a smooth transition, though. The new FO thought that the old FO did fingerprints, so they didn't have me do them when I went in for my poly and drug test. My AC realized the oopsie four months later and called me to return to do them...and the FO is 4-5 hours from me. Once my prints were done it was a very short period of time before I had an investigator knocking on my door asking me questions. I did not have to re-do any steps.

I think how smoothly the process goes will depend on who is handling your paperwork...when they care about their job and the impact it has on others, it clearly works out better (that has been my experience, at least). I would just recommend keeping in contact with both the losing and gaining offices until you know that everything made it where it needed to go.

I hope it all goes well for you!

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:07:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification/Words

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
FeistyFrog on 2/12/2021(UTC)
FeistyFrog  
#862 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:22:40 PM(UTC)
FeistyFrog

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post
I had my date change on 1/15/21 and then I got an email from my local FO on 2/1/21 requesting that I fill out a generic form indicating any changes to my information since the background began. So, I think they are finally getting around to the IA backlog.

But I'm a little worried because I had to move to a different state recently and I'm concerned it's going to set me back several months when it seemed like I was nearing the end. Has anyone else moved to a new state while in background? Did you have to re-do any steps?

I moved across the country after I did my PSI. I let my AC know where I would be going, and she took care of forwarding all of the info they had to my new FO. The new FO contacted me to set up the rest of the steps. It wasn't necessarily a smooth transition, though. The new FO thought that the old FO did fingerprints, so they didn't have me do them when I went in for my poly and drug test. My AC realized the oopsie four months later and called me to return to do to do them...and the FO is 4-5 hours from me. Once my prints were done it was a very short period of time before I had an investigator knocking on my door asking me questions. I did not have to re-do any steps.

I think how smoothly the process goes will depend on who is handling your paperwork...when they care about their job and the impact it has on others, it clearly works out better (that has been my experience, at least). I would just recommend keeping in contact with both the losing and gaining offices until you know that everything made it where it needed to go.

Thanks for the response! I told my previous FO Coordinator that I was moving and asked about connecting with the new FO. Unfortunately, the old FO just isn't very responsive so she never got back to me about it. I ended up emailing the HQ Coordinator to let her know directly. She is a bit more responsive, so I'm hoping she takes care of it. I'm glad they were able to get all your stuff figured out eventually!
CriminalIA  
#863 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 4:06:59 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

I moved across the country after I did my PSI. I let my AC know where I would be going, and she took care of forwarding all of the info they had to my new FO. The new FO contacted me to set up the rest of the steps. It wasn't necessarily a smooth transition, though. The new FO thought that the old FO did fingerprints, so they didn't have me do them when I went in for my poly and drug test. My AC realized the oopsie four months later and called me to return to do to do them...and the FO is 4-5 hours from me. Once my prints were done it was a very short period of time before I had an investigator knocking on my door asking me questions. I did not have to re-do any steps.

Thanks for the response! I told my previous FO Coordinator that I was moving and asked about connecting with the new FO. Unfortunately, the old FO just isn't very responsive so she never got back to me about it. I ended up emailing the HQ Coordinator to let her know directly. She is a bit more responsive, so I'm hoping she takes care of it. I'm glad they were able to get all your stuff figured out eventually!

I'm sure a lot of people have had issues at some point with responsiveness, but if your old FO happens to be ATL, then I get it! :D

Come back and let us know how things are going for you!

Ornament  
#864 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2021 5:49:19 AM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Originally Posted by: tenaciousnerd Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gnocchi16 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post
Well, after posting on the 1-yr anniversary of my last portal date change...it changed! Went from last update of 1/22/20 to 1/29/21.

I know it doesn't mean anything is over or even nearing an end. As best I can tell, my credit hasn't even been pulled yet. But it felt like poking something with a stick and seeing movement. It's alive!!!

I hadn’t thought to even check for a date change, but mine changed to 1/14/21. That was about a week before I got a call from the FO.

Just checked mine, and I also have a date change to 2/10/2021. I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'll take it!

I just checked and also had a recent date change! It was on 2/8/2021! (previous date change August 2020).

I am a plan for the worst and hope for the best kinda person, which is why I didn't come in here sooner and mention my date change. :)
I am just going to go on expecting a rejection letter until I get news otherwise. I had a date change on the 8th, but when I emailed my AC asking if she could tell me what it meant, well... you know what happened. Nothing. Haha!

I just got a call from the agent in charge of my background. Based on that and a bunch of us getting date changes, I'd suspect they're finishing up backgrounds for several IAs for the April class. Fingers crossed, at any rate!

My background guy previously called me when he was done interviewing people, but I thought there is a lot that goes on at HQ to adjudicate us?
Amalgamation  
#865 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Holy biscuits, I'm allowed to post! Created this account last year and after half a year, I resigned myself to just lurking forever.

Just wanted to chime in that I also had a date change and email contact recently. They asked if I was still interested in the position and if so, let them know if anything's changed. Below is my timeline; here's hoping things start moving again.

Applied: 08/18
Phase 1: 12/18
Phase 2: 12/18
Phase 3: 07/19
CJO: 08/19
Poly: 10/19
BI started, some interviews: 12/19
[despair]
Date change & email: 02/21
Gnocchi16  
#866 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2021 12:46:53 PM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Wow and you got an email too! That’s great news! At least things are moving.
Ornament  
#867 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 11:44:12 AM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post
Holy biscuits, I'm allowed to post! Created this account last year and after half a year, I resigned myself to just lurking forever.

Just wanted to chime in that I also had a date change and email contact recently. They asked if I was still interested in the position and if so, let them know if anything's changed. Below is my timeline; here's hoping things start moving again.

Applied: 08/18
Phase 1: 12/18
Phase 2: 12/18
Phase 3: 07/19
CJO: 08/19
Poly: 10/19
BI started, some interviews: 12/19
[despair]
Date change & email: 02/21

wow thats a long background. did you live overseas or have crazy travel?

FeistyFrog  
#868 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:02:04 PM(UTC)
FeistyFrog

Here's a question... Does your degree determine how motivated they are to get you through background? I have a master's degree in a social science/humanities field, and my understanding is that while I am on the "approved majors" list, I don't have one of the highly desirable majors. I can speculate forever on why the background is taking so long, but is there any credence to degree prioritization in the hiring process?

App: 9/18
PI passed: 12/18
PII tested/passed: 12/18 & 1/19
PIII passed: 6/19
CJO accepted: 7/19
Polygraph: 9/19
Background check: Ongoing
Ornament  
#869 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:05:42 PM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Here's a question... Does your degree determine how motivated they are to get you through background? I have a master's degree in a social science/humanities field, and my understanding is that while I am on the "approved majors" list, I don't have one of the highly desirable majors. I can speculate forever on why the background is taking so long, but is there any credence to degree prioritization in the hiring process?

i dont believe that comes to play when adjudicating you in background.
your masters degree will put you at a GS-9 instead of a GS-7

from my understanding, excessive international travel and/or spending significant time overseas (study abroad) will make the background process longer
Gnocchi16  
#870 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 4:54:10 PM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I’m not sure, but I also have a graduate degree, currently hold a security clearance, etc, and my background started in November 2019. So I’m not sure what the process is!
Sancho  
#871 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 5:34:28 PM(UTC)
Sancho

I've been in background since August 2019. Not for the IA—that's my second application and long-term interest—but for an entry-level job. I have considerable study abroad in two anglophone countries and a lot of travel in western Europe.

As far as I can tell, my BI hasn't moved since roughly 1 year ago. If the problem isn't the backlog effected by Covid, I have no idea what the holdup is.
IA Application: 4/20
Phase 1: 6/20 (11/20)
Phase 2: 12/20
Amalgamation  
#872 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 5:12:09 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I would say probably not. Remember that there were multiple rounds of Phase 3 interviews for our posting as well. I'd guess that there were just a lot of applicants to get through, but when Covid hit and they realized they'd have to stop classes for a bit, they put a bunch of us on hold so there wouldn't be a backlog of cleared applicants with no classes to attend. I believe I read that if you don't start training within 1 year of adjudication, they have to go through the process again. Waste of time, so they put us on hold.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
tenaciousnerd on 2/17/2021(UTC)
FeistyFrog  
#873 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2021 5:59:06 AM(UTC)
FeistyFrog

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post

I would say probably not. Remember that there were multiple rounds of Phase 3 interviews for our posting as well. I'd guess that there were just a lot of applicants to get through, but when Covid hit and they realized they'd have to stop classes for a bit, they put a bunch of us on hold so there wouldn't be a backlog of cleared applicants with no classes to attend. I believe I read that if you don't start training within 1 year of adjudication, they have to go through the process again. Waste of time, so they put us on hold.

That's one of the first reasons I've heard that makes some sense. Makes me feel a little better too. :)

CriminalIA  
#874 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:16:55 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Hey all! Loooong time lurker here. I just finally got permission to post and wanted to check in!

I've been in background since September 2019 so I'm feeling the angst along with a lot of you. It helps to know I'm not the only one left!

I've had almost no updates except that I did get an email back in October asking if I was still interested in the position and saying that HR was working hard to get through the backlog to move cases forward for adjudication. In December, I asked if there was any chance of this happening within the next few months and was told that HR had a deadline to get through the backlog "by the new year." I haven't heard anything since then, but I did see a date change in my application on 1/15/2021 (first one since Oct 2019). I don't know what it means, but any movement feels like a small victory right now. Has anyone gotten similar information about the backlog for the IA apps? Any recent date changes on their apps?

My timeline for those wondering...
PIII passed: June 2019
CJO accepted: July 2019
Polygraph: Sep 2019

I received a similar email with the form to update some things. I did have a couple of changes to report (nothing I would consider to be an issue, really), so we shall see how that gets handled.

How's everyone else holding up?
tenaciousnerd  
#875 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:15:01 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey all! Loooong time lurker here. I just finally got permission to post and wanted to check in!

I've been in background since September 2019 so I'm feeling the angst along with a lot of you. It helps to know I'm not the only one left!

I've had almost no updates except that I did get an email back in October asking if I was still interested in the position and saying that HR was working hard to get through the backlog to move cases forward for adjudication. In December, I asked if there was any chance of this happening within the next few months and was told that HR had a deadline to get through the backlog "by the new year." I haven't heard anything since then, but I did see a date change in my application on 1/15/2021 (first one since Oct 2019). I don't know what it means, but any movement feels like a small victory right now. Has anyone gotten similar information about the backlog for the IA apps? Any recent date changes on their apps?

My timeline for those wondering...
PIII passed: June 2019
CJO accepted: July 2019
Polygraph: Sep 2019

I received a similar email with the form to update some things. I did have a couple of changes to report (nothing I would consider to be an issue, really), so we shall see how that gets handled.

Didn't receive an email, but I got a call from an investigator who is looking into my medical. I've heard that's one of the last things before adjudication, so my fingers are crossed. Hoping for good news for all of us in the coming weeks!
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
FeistyFrog  
#876 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:21:04 AM(UTC)
FeistyFrog

Didn't receive an email, but I got a call from an investigator who is looking into my medical. I've heard that's one of the last things before adjudication, so my fingers are crossed. Hoping for good news for all of us in the coming weeks!

What do you mean by "medical"? Did you have to do a physical exam? I thought that was only for the SAs.
tenaciousnerd  
#877 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 9:50:22 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

What do you mean by "medical"? Did you have to do a physical exam? I thought that was only for the SAs.

You're correct; no medical exam required for IAs. They do follow up on medical things you report in the SF-86, though.
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
thanks 1 user thanked tenaciousnerd for this useful post.
FeistyFrog on 2/24/2021(UTC)
Jwebb514  
#878 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 9:59:21 AM(UTC)
Jwebb514

Has anyone else experienced a delay in receiving their Eqip? The initial email I was sent after accepting my CJO said I would get in within two weeks but it's been almost a month.
CriminalIA  
#879 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:13:07 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Jwebb514 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone else experienced a delay in receiving their Eqip? The initial email I was sent after accepting my CJO said I would get in within two weeks but it's been almost a month.

Many of us here are 2018 applicants who got CJOs and e-QIP info in 2019, so our timelines will look a little different (no COVID craziness and all).

I did not have an issue receiving my e-QIP. It came to me within a few days of receiving and accepting my CJO, and it was sent from an individual at my local FO.

In your case I would do a couple of things: check your spam folder, and check your profile info in the FBI Jobs portal and make sure all of your contact info is up-to-date. You could also check the notifications in your portal just to make sure there isn't something there that you missed.

Once you've done that, if you still don't come up with anything you could always contact your local FO and see if someone can point you in the right direction. Hopefully you can get things squared away quickly.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:14:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed