Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bruce  
#181 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2019 2:17:23 PM(UTC)
Bruce

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Happy New Year and continued good luck to all!

thanks 2 users thanked Bruce for this useful post.
TxShortie88 on 1/3/2019(UTC), cat00 on 1/3/2019(UTC)
cat00  
#182 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 9:08:55 AM(UTC)
cat00

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bruce Go to Quoted Post
Happy New Year and continued good luck to all!

I wish everyone continued success as well.

Unfortunately this is the end for me. Like some others on the forums I tested the first week in Dec and had problems with the test. The test administrator said she'd submit an incident report about the problems, and I also sent an email to the "contact us" email on the hiring site, but in the end it didn't matter. I was notified today that I failed P2. I am not surprised at the outcome but that doesn't make it any easier.

Take care all, keep the faith!
TxShortie88  
#183 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 10:03:51 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear this. Best of luck! I'm still waiting to hear about mine. But I didn't take P2 until 12.15.

I wish everyone continued success as well.

Unfortunately this is the end for me. Like some others on the forums I tested the first week in Dec and had problems with the test. The test administrator said she'd submit an incident report about the problems, and I also sent an email to the "contact us" email on the hiring site, but in the end it didn't matter. I was notified today that I failed P2. I am not surprised at the outcome but that doesn't make it any easier.

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/3/2019(UTC)
Bruce  
#184 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 12:44:47 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Originally Posted by: caterp Go to Quoted Post

That's a tough break; sorry about the news. It seems like P2 is knocking a lot of folks out right now.

Do you plan on applying to other Agencies or are you going in another direction?

Best luck!

//Bruce
Dune26  
#185 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 1:57:24 PM(UTC)
Dune26

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Sorry to hear, caterp. Wishing you the best!
IA App: 10/15/18
PI: 12/19/18
PII: 12/26/18 (Pass: 01/23/19)
PIII: Scheduled for 03/19
thanks 1 user thanked Dune26 for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/3/2019(UTC)
cat00  
#186 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 3:09:46 PM(UTC)
cat00

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)

That's a tough break; sorry about the news. It seems like P2 is knocking a lot of folks out right now.

Do you plan on applying to other Agencies or are you going in another direction?

Best luck!

//Bruce

I'm going to give myself today to wallow in discouragement...ok, maybe just a little wallowing while I have a bowl of icecream...then I'm going to go to the gym, clear my head, evaluate where I'm at, what my options are, and what I need to do next.

I've gotten rejected for analysis positions from pretty much every place that's ever hired an analyst...maybe I need to try to convince myself that it's not going to happen and pick a different direction.

I guess the short answer is I haven't decided where I'm going from here. It's on my to-do list though.

thanks 1 user thanked cat00 for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/3/2019(UTC)
Bruce  
#187 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2019 3:43:23 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Quote:
I guess the short answer is I haven't decided where I'm going from here. It's on my to-do list though.

You will figure it out - there are tons of opportunities. Just save me a spot when you find something great.
thanks 1 user thanked Bruce for this useful post.
cat00 on 1/4/2019(UTC)
maverick7919  
#188 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 12:58:49 PM(UTC)
maverick7919

United States

Good afternoon all. I reapplied for the IA position in September and was notified on 12/10 that I qualified for the Phase 2 interview again. But since then I haven't heard anything. Anyone else waiting for an invite to the interview? Thanks!
Bruce  
#189 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 1:09:45 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Originally Posted by: maverick7919 Go to Quoted Post
Good afternoon all. I reapplied for the IA position in September and was notified on 12/10 that I qualified for the Phase 2 interview again. But since then I haven't heard anything. Anyone else waiting for an invite to the interview? Thanks!

Are you talking about the SA process? P2 for the IA's isn't an interview; that's our P3.

What does your PAN show you? I had to run through the Accommodation's tab before the schedule opened up for me.
maverick7919  
#190 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 1:45:04 PM(UTC)
maverick7919

United States

Are you talking about the SA process? P2 for the IA's isn't an interview; that's our P3.

What does your PAN show you? I had to run through the Accommodation's tab before the schedule opened up for me.

I'm talking about IA, but I went back and looked and saw that it was actually P2 that I'm pending for, but I've already passed that portion. Maybe it's like that until those that are taking P2 have completed it, then I'll be notified about doing the interview again?
Bruce  
#191 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 2:06:10 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Aahhh, that makes a bit more sense.

Unfortunately I have no insight into the process of re-application; there are a few here that might know.....
wskv  
#192 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2019 4:31:39 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm talking about IA, but I went back and looked and saw that it was actually P2 that I'm pending for, but I've already passed that portion. Maybe it's like that until those that are taking P2 have completed it, then I'll be notified about doing the interview again?

Are you looking at the PAN portal or FBIjobs.gov portal? The PAN portal is likely to have much more information on when, where, and how to take the next steps.

IA Applicant
Applied: 9 Sep 2018
Phase I: 21 Dec 2018
Phase II: 31 Dec 2018
PII Results: 23 Jan 2019
thanks 1 user thanked wskv for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/4/2019(UTC)
LS96  
#193 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 1:57:27 PM(UTC)
LS96

United States

Question about phase 2: Are we expected to write in BLUF format or do we just analyze? (in other words do the instructions say so?) Also, one user's advice in this thread was to not trust every source when looking at the scenario given. Is that explicitly mentioned in the instructions or is it just one person's opinion?
wskv  
#194 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 2:04:54 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Originally Posted by: LS96 Go to Quoted Post
Question about phase 2: Are we expected to write in BLUF format or do we just analyze? (in other words do the instructions say so?) Also, one user's advice in this thread was to not trust every source when looking at the scenario given. Is that explicitly mentioned in the instructions or is it just one person's opinion?

I'm not sure how much I can say without violating the NDA. I'll just say that the instructions were specific enough to address your concerns.

IA Applicant
thanks 1 user thanked wskv for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/7/2019(UTC)
LS96  
#195 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 3:01:22 PM(UTC)
LS96

United States

Originally Posted by: wskv Go to Quoted Post

I'm not sure how much I can say without violating the NDA. I'll just say that the instructions were specific enough to address your concerns.

Thank you, that's what I was wondering.
Vlad73  
#196 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 4:50:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Thank you, that's what I was wondering.

Just be sure to write down the format instructions. They're only on the computer and you don't want to be checking back and forth (TBH I don't think they were even accessible during the actual test.)
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
LS96 on 1/6/2019(UTC)
Vlad73  
#197 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 4:55:26 PM(UTC)

Are you looking at the PAN portal or FBIjobs.gov portal? The PAN portal is likely to have much more information on when, where, and how to take the next steps.

How do you get to the PAN portal?
wskv  
#198 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2019 6:47:46 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Originally Posted by: Vlad73 Go to Quoted Post

I may be using the wrong terminology. It’s the scheduling site at secure.vitapowered.com/FBI/

IA Applicant
Vlad73  
#199 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 2:12:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Vlad73 Go to Quoted Post

I may be using the wrong terminology. It’s the scheduling site at secure.vitapowered.com/FBI/

Do they give status or just scheduling?
Dune26  
#200 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 10:06:37 AM(UTC)
Dune26

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I also sent an email to the "contact us" email on the hiring site, but in the end it didn't matter.

Did you receive a reply from them, caterp? I'm still waiting for a response from the official IASP email about the facility issues that I had. If I don't hear back by COB tomorrow, I think I'm going to call HQ and hope that I'm able to connect with someone who can actually help.

@LS96, I concur with wskv - the instructions are clear about what is expected from you.

For those who took the test in mid-December, any news yet?

Edited by user Monday, January 07, 2019 10:09:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added Question

IA App: 10/15/18
PI: 12/19/18
PII: 12/26/18 (Pass: 01/23/19)
PIII: Scheduled for 03/19
Rss Feed  Atom Feed