Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

29 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wskv  
#261 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 4:21:15 PM(UTC)
wskv

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bruce Go to Quoted Post
I'm out; good luck.

Sorry to hear it, Bruce 😔
2018 IASP
App: 9 Sep 18
P1: 21 Dec
P2: 31 Dec - Pass 23 Jan 19
P3: 12 Jun - Pass 18 Jun
CJO: 5 Jul
Poly: TBD
Vlad73  
#262 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 6:21:05 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Can anyone think of ways that those who passed P2 and / or P3 could give advice without breaking the NDA?
IAdreamin  
#263 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:28:34 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bruce Go to Quoted Post
I'm out; good luck.

Bummer. You were one that I was paying attention to since we are in the same geographical region. Better luck next year! Don't give up!
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#264 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:34:52 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So I took p2 on 12/16. Anyone take P2 around this time and still waiting?
FBI IA App 8/30/18
P1 12/6/18
P2 12/14/18
P2 1/29/19 - Passed
P3 4/17 - CJO
Poly - Passed 6/15
Background TBD
IAdreamin  
#265 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:50:50 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Originally Posted by: GeorgeofTheJungle Go to Quoted Post

I took mine on 12/11. Just got results on Thursday 1/17. I had seen a few that took the test after me and got results before me. I'm not sure how they're processed, but I wouldn't stress too much if you haven't heard anything yet.
IA Applicant
IAdreamin  
#266 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 8:32:24 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

To those that didn't get past P2, what grade were you applying to (GS7 or GS9)?

After reading the informal resumes here, I feel like I'm probably the least qualified. I have no experience at GS5. I applied for GS7 solely based on the Superior Academic Achievement requirement. I won't even have my bachelor's until May.

I've seen people here with Master's and seemingly a few years of government/Intel/analysis experience get rejected. I'm wondering if the GS9 positions were just more competitive. I'd also assume that someone rejected from GS9 would be considered for GS7, but maybe not.
IA Applicant
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#267 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 8:12:36 AM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post

After reading the informal resumes here, I feel like I'm probably the least qualified. I have no experience at GS5. I applied for GS7 solely based on the Superior Academic Achievement requirement. I won't even have my bachelor's until May.

I've seen people here with Master's and seemingly a few years of government/Intel/analysis experience get rejected. I'm wondering if the GS9 positions were just more competitive. I'd also assume that someone rejected from GS9 would be considered for GS7, but maybe not.

You were able to chose the grade level? The opening I applied for was "INTELLIGENCE ANALYST - GS 7/9 (External - ALL US Citizens and Internal employees)" and I don't remember the application asking me to choose. I have a masters so I just assumed they would automatically place me into GS-9 if I ever got to that part of the process.
FBI IA App 8/30/18
P1 12/6/18
P2 12/14/18
P2 1/29/19 - Passed
P3 4/17 - CJO
Poly - Passed 6/15
Background TBD
CriminalIA  
#268 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 9:08:57 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I initially applied for the IA a few years ago. I took Phases 1 & 2 in 2015 and passed both and was offered an interview. I had to decline due to the fact that they moved the interview out of my area and to Indianapolis. I was told at the time that my Phase 1 & 2 scores were good for life. I applied to the 2018 posting and on December 11th I received an e-mail stating that there was an update to my application. When I checked it showed "Assessment: IA Phase 3." No calls or e-mails about scheduling an interview so far.

For reference, when I applied a few years ago I was just completing my BA in Intelligence with concentrations in Homeland Security and Middle East area studies. I had no work experience in IA at the time I tested. I have now had a couple of years experience in Criminal IA.

Did anyone else here take and pass Phases 1 & 2 previously? Has anyone scheduled an interview yet?

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2019 9:09:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

P1: 8/15
P2: 8/15 (taken)-1/16 (pass)
Re-apply: 2018
P3: 6/10/19 (taken) - 6/18/19 (pass)
CJO: 07/05/19
IAdreamin  
#269 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 9:28:11 AM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post

You were able to chose the grade level? The opening I applied for was "INTELLIGENCE ANALYST - GS 7/9 (External - ALL US Citizens and Internal employees)" and I don't remember the application asking me to choose. I have a masters so I just assumed they would automatically place me into GS-9 if I ever got to that part of the process.

I applied for a lot of federal positions at the end of September. Many were listed as GS7/9 and asked to specify which grade I was applying for. The FBI app may not have been one of those submissions, since it was through the FBI website not USAjobs. However, I'm fairly certain that there were a few questions to verify that you were eligible for a certain grade. I'm assuming that if you met the requirements for GS9 (or said you did) then you'd be considered for that level. I selected 'no' for the questions pertaining to GS9, so I'm in the GS7 pool.

I'm wondering if those that qualified for GS9 only get considered for that level, rather than both.
IA Applicant
TxShortie88  
#270 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 1:21:23 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
George - I took my test 12/15 and still haven't heard anything.

dl87lu  
#271 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 9:45:37 PM(UTC)
dl87lu

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I tested on December 15 and still haven't heard anything regarding phase II. I'm in Kentucky.
thanks 1 user thanked dl87lu for this useful post.
TxShortie88 on 1/22/2019(UTC)
mst2018  
#272 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:52:33 AM(UTC)
mst2018

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I tested on 12/22, NYC area. Has anyone around NYC heard anything?
lnc95  
#273 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:12:23 AM(UTC)
lnc95

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mst2018 Go to Quoted Post
I tested on 12/22, NYC area. Has anyone around NYC heard anything?

I’m in the NYC Area. I tested Phase II on 12/19/19 and I received my Phase II results on 1/9/19.
thanks 1 user thanked lnc95 for this useful post.
mst2018 on 1/22/2019(UTC)
Fedski  
#274 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:50:06 AM(UTC)
Fedski

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
George - I took my test 12/15 and still haven't heard anything.

I also took p2 12/15 in New England area, no results yet.
thanks 1 user thanked Fedski for this useful post.
mst2018 on 1/22/2019(UTC)
sunshinegirl  
#275 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 2:50:37 PM(UTC)
sunshinegirl

United States

Originally Posted by: Fedski Go to Quoted Post
Applied: 10/03/2018
Phase I: 12/05/2018
Phase II: 12/15/2018(Pending results)

Processing out of New England (Boston) Field Division

Far out. That's where I am hoping to land!

sunshinegirl  
#276 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 2:56:23 PM(UTC)
sunshinegirl

United States

I have been following this thread for a while and decided to create and account to share some info I recently learned from my application coordinator.

If you are applied to both the IA and SA positions, your IA application automatically goes on the back-burner in favor of the SA application. When I spoke to my AC, he asked me which application I wanted to proceed with first, and when I asked what he meant, he explained to me that because the IA process generally moves a lot faster, people choose to go that route, and then when their BI all done, they jump ship to the SA. As such, I chose to pause my IA application and go forward with the SA.

I thought I'd share that with any of you waiting for your IA app to go forward...if you have an SA app too, call your AC to make sure that they didn't bench it!
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#277 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:01:17 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Originally Posted by: sunshinegirl Go to Quoted Post
I have been following this thread for a while and decided to create and account to share some info I recently learned from my application coordinator.

If you are applied to both the IA and SA positions, your IA application automatically goes on the back-burner in favor of the SA application. When I spoke to my AC, he asked me which application I wanted to proceed with first, and when I asked what he meant, he explained to me that because the IA process generally moves a lot faster, people choose to go that route, and then when their BI all done, they jump ship to the SA. As such, I chose to pause my IA application and go forward with the SA.

I thought I'd share that with any of you waiting for your IA app to go forward...if you have an SA app too, call your AC to make sure that they didn't bench it!

Wow, that would explain what happend to me. There are other folks who took the exam before me that live in my area and have already received their results. How do I find out who my application coordinator is?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:11:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FBI IA App 8/30/18
P1 12/6/18
P2 12/14/18
P2 1/29/19 - Passed
P3 4/17 - CJO
Poly - Passed 6/15
Background TBD
sunshinegirl  
#278 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:44:40 PM(UTC)
sunshinegirl

United States

Wow, that would explain what happend to me. There are other folks who took the exam before me that live in my area and have already received their results. How do I find out who my application coordinator is?

I actually just called the field office I would be processing from and when the receptionist answered, I asked to speak to the applicant coordinator. I was lucky to have gotten a call back from him later that day. However, I have called other field offices with questions and never gotten a call back unless I mention specifically that my questions are relevant to the Special Agent application. Good luck!!
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#279 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:52:38 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

I actually just called the field office I would be processing from and when the receptionist answered, I asked to speak to the applicant coordinator. I was lucky to have gotten a call back from him later that day. However, I have called other field offices with questions and never gotten a call back unless I mention specifically that my questions are relevant to the Special Agent application. Good luck!!

How do I know which field office I am processing from? The application never mentioned my process was attached to any specific place.
FBI IA App 8/30/18
P1 12/6/18
P2 12/14/18
P2 1/29/19 - Passed
P3 4/17 - CJO
Poly - Passed 6/15
Background TBD
sunshinegirl  
#280 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:48:42 PM(UTC)
sunshinegirl

United States

How do I know which field office I am processing from? The application never mentioned my process was attached to any specific place.

Generally speaking, it’s going to be the field office closest to your location. For example, I’m in the Fresno area and my closest field office is going to be Sacramento. I would say look at the FBI site to find their list of field offices and contacts and then from there you can determine which office you’d do your processing from based on which one is closer.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed