Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

42 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lnc95  
#281 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:36:17 AM(UTC)
lnc95

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GeorgeofTheJungle Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
I just got the email... I PASSED P2!!

Originally Posted by: wskv Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
I'm in Nevada.

Have you been able to connect with anyone else from Nevada to see if their timeline matches up with yours?

Congrats! Took the exam on 12/16 in NYC. Still waiting....

I took PII on 12/16 in NYC as well, I received my pass results on 1/9/19.
CWilliams81  
#282 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2019 12:44:00 PM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Does anyone have a feel for the morale of FBI IAs lately? I’ve read that FBI IAs in the past often feel underutilized or that they are performing mostly administrative work (check out Glassdoor.com and also google “2005 FBI Intelligence Analyst OIG Report”). I’m curious if things are evolving now that they are more integrated with SAs from the beginning of training or if this sentiment is still felt by many IAs. Anyone have any thoughts?
Tropical  
#283 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 10:02:08 AM(UTC)
Tropical

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Question for those who have passed Phase II: How long did it take you to receive an invite to Phase III? Does the Government Shutdown impact this part of the process?
wskv  
#284 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 4:56:02 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ianD Go to Quoted Post
I've seen quite a few IA candidates on these forums who were cleared after 4-5 months. but I just spoke with my FO for an update and they told me they have one candidate who's been waiting for two years and is still waiting.

Have you had any kind of informal "meet and greet" at your local FO? Some in the thread had previously mentioned trying to reach out to their local office to set something up.
App: 9 Sep 18
P1: 21 Dec
P2: 31 Dec - Pass 23 Jan 19
P3: 12 Jun - Pass 18 Jun
CJO: 5 Jul
PSI: 29 Jul
Poly: 15 Aug - Fail 9 Sep
maeday83  
#285 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 6:41:00 AM(UTC)
maeday83

United States

For those of you who, like me, are waiting to hear back about your phase 2 test results, take a look at this. In true IA fashion, I gathered all of the data from this forum and compared those who had passed/failed, where they are in the country, and how many days it took for them to find out they had passed or failed.

This is my conclusion:

18 people posted about taking phase 2 in this forum
4 people have failed (1 in Ohio, the rest unknown)
8 people have passed (CA, NY, MW, MN, NV, OH, unknown)
6 are still waiting (OH, CA, MA, KY, unknown)

For those who have failed, results were received within an average of 28.5 days with a max of 32 days and a min of 22 days
For those who have passed, results were received within an average of 28.75 days with a max of 40 days and a min of 17 days
Of the 6 currently waiting on results, the oldest test date is 12/15/18 and the most recent is 1/8/19

An important observation: ALL CANDIDATES received their test results on a Wed or Thurs. I also want to point out that the locations of the candidates points toward this process not being done on a regional basis but more of a national basis.

Ceteris paribus, I predict those who are still waiting on test results will receive them on 1/30, 1/31, 2/6, or 2/7. I'm interested in seeing if I'm right, so please (GeorgeofTheJungle, LS96, d187lu, sunshinegirl, and Fedski) let us know when you receive your results. Hopefully this sets some minds at ease, I'm an analyst by nature and numbers ease my anxiety. At least now I know not to be anxious until Wed/Thurs. LOL! Good luck, all! :)
Applied: Oct 15 2018
Phase 1: Dec 27 2018
Phase 2: Jan 05 2019
Waiting on Phase 2 Results
thanks 2 users thanked maeday83 for this useful post.
wskv on 1/26/2019(UTC), Xanathar on 1/26/2019(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#286 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:12:47 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chschof Go to Quoted Post
I took phase II on 12/22 and got the e-mail that I passed today!

For those who've passed, how long did it take to get the email to schedule the interview?

I had a question that I e-mailed about this morning and got an automated response that had a list of FAQs and answers. Questions about interviews, in summary, had responses that stated that interviews are conducted by region "on a monthly basis and are based on the needs of the FBI to fill Intelligence Analyst vacancies." Notification for scheduling is sent by e-mail, and they say there is "no set timeline." Additionally, one response says that if all slots are filled before you can schedule, then you will remain on a list of people that are eligible for Phase 3 and will get notification of "another opportunity to schedule your Phase III interview."

While it is nice to see that they do interviews monthly by region, we also have to consider that "based on the needs of the FBI to fill Intelligence Analyst vacancies" will certainly have an impact on how long it takes to be scheduled. Also consider that they have to factor in the number of analysts they already have, they have to account for attrition, and they have to stay within the budget. The 2019 budget request shows the FBI was requesting funding for 3055 IA positions. The 2018 request was for 2950 IAs, the 2017 request was for 2999 IAs, the 2016 request was for 3083 IAs, and the 2015 request was for 3048 IAs (all based on Budget Request Testimony - available on the FBI website).

I am more of a "hope for the best, plan for the worst" kind of person - just in reverse. I always plan for the worst, but am always happy if things go better. So for now, I am just going to expect that Phase 3 isn't guaranteed to me even though I passed 1 & 2, and that if I do get to interview, I will be waiting for a year before even being able to schedule. This is *the* job I want to do, so I am willing to wait. I have plenty I can do in the interim. :)

Edited by user Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:16:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
wskv on 1/26/2019(UTC), Xanathar on 1/26/2019(UTC)
NFI  
#287 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 6:40:43 PM(UTC)
NFI

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,
I'll add a data point! I took Phase 1 and 2 in early December and received notice that I passed Phase 2 on 12/26 (also a Wednesday). I'm in the DC area too.

Regarding the shutdown, it absolutely affected processing because admin/HR is generally not considered an essential function (I currently work for an agency that was affected by the shutdown).

Hopefully Phase 3 invites will start coming out soon. Best of luck to everyone else processing. I wasn't even invited to Phase 1 last year, so don't give up hope on this career path!
Dashyfor  
#288 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:30:58 AM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Hello!

Just to give you my stats:

Passed P2 and I got my results Friday (1/25) and took it 12/19.

Anyone know if you can do the BI while abroad? Because I'm screwed if not.

I'm gonna call the FO this afternoon, but I don't know what to ask. Any suggestions?

Good luck everyone!
Gk2018  
#289 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:23:18 PM(UTC)
Gk2018

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Passed Phase 2! I was notified on 1/23 Here is my application time line:

Applied: 9/18
Phase 1: 12/5
Phase 2: 12/12
Phase 3: Pending
thanks 1 user thanked Gk2018 for this useful post.
TxShortie88 on 1/31/2019(UTC)
Lolniceone  
#290 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:49:35 AM(UTC)
Lolniceone

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I passed P2!

My timeline is below:

Applied: 8/29/2018
P1: 12/4/2018
P2: 1/23/2019 (took P2 on 12/15/2018)
P3: pending

I've read other posts that passing P2 doesn't promise you a P3 invite because it "depends on the needs of the Bureau", so fingers crossed! (my degree/work experience is on the backgrounds of interest but idk if that really means anything)

Does anyone know if P2 is pass/fail or if there's some sort of internal score that ranks candidates?
thanks 1 user thanked Lolniceone for this useful post.
TxShortie88 on 1/31/2019(UTC)
wskv  
#291 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:25:37 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Quick question, are the P3 interviews conducted in DC or at a nearby FO?

From my understanding, they're conducted at a regional FO that may or may not be nearby. I've heard of P3 interviews being held at Boston, Atlanta, and San Diego in the past; the cities for the upcoming interviews may be different depending upon where candidates fall geographically. The bureau will foot the bill for airfare and hotel and reimburse you for incidentals (e.g. parking).

App: 9 Sep 18
P1: 21 Dec
P2: 31 Dec - Pass 23 Jan 19
P3: 12 Jun - Pass 18 Jun
CJO: 5 Jul
PSI: 29 Jul
Poly: 15 Aug - Fail 9 Sep
CriminalIA  
#292 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:28:40 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lolniceone Go to Quoted Post
I passed P2!

My timeline is below:

Applied: 8/29/2018
P1: 12/4/2018
P2: 1/23/2019 (took P2 on 12/15/2018)
P3: pending

I've read other posts that passing P2 doesn't promise you a P3 invite because it "depends on the needs of the Bureau", so fingers crossed! (my degree/work experience is on the backgrounds of interest but idk if that really means anything)

Does anyone know if P2 is pass/fail or if there's some sort of internal score that ranks candidates?

That's pretty much whats said in the guide they provided us when we applied. "Passing Phase II does not guarantee that you will be invited to Phase III."

It does say our passing score for Phase 2 is permanent so I suppose we would just have to try for the next round if we don't get selected.

For those of you who have passed Phase 2, has your status on FBI jobs updated to Phase 3? Mine has updated to "This phase consists of your eligibility to take the Intelligence Analyst (IA) Phase 3 Assessment."

Mine says the same. When I first took phase 1&2 (see timeline in my signature) the interview was going to be in Indianapolis, I believe. I was in NC at the time. I had to decline due to my circumstances making the travel distance an issue. I've had some interesting things going on since then and have patiently waited for the opportunity to apply again. I did my app when the posting went up a few months back, and it was mid-December when I was updated to phase 3.
Cricket5  
#293 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 4:16:08 PM(UTC)
Cricket5

United States

Originally Posted by: maeday83 Go to Quoted Post
For those of you who, like me, are waiting to hear back about your phase 2 test results, take a look at this. In true IA fashion, I gathered all of the data from this forum and compared those who had passed/failed, where they are in the country, and how many days it took for them to find out they had passed or failed.

This is my conclusion:

18 people posted about taking phase 2 in this forum
4 people have failed (1 in Ohio, the rest unknown)
8 people have passed (CA, NY, MW, MN, NV, OH, unknown)
6 are still waiting (OH, CA, MA, KY, unknown)

For those who have failed, results were received within an average of 28.5 days with a max of 32 days and a min of 22 days
For those who have passed, results were received within an average of 28.75 days with a max of 40 days and a min of 17 days
Of the 6 currently waiting on results, the oldest test date is 12/15/18 and the most recent is 1/8/19

An important observation: ALL CANDIDATES received their test results on a Wed or Thurs. I also want to point out that the locations of the candidates points toward this process not being done on a regional basis but more of a national basis.

Ceteris paribus, I predict those who are still waiting on test results will receive them on 1/30, 1/31, 2/6, or 2/7. I'm interested in seeing if I'm right, so please (GeorgeofTheJungle, LS96, d187lu, sunshinegirl, and Fedski) let us know when you receive your results. Hopefully this sets some minds at ease, I'm an analyst by nature and numbers ease my anxiety. At least now I know not to be anxious until Wed/Thurs. LOL! Good luck, all! :)

Thanks for breaking all this down. I'l definitely let you know when i receive an update. I'm currently on day 43.

maeday83  
#294 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 4:32:45 PM(UTC)
maeday83

United States

Unfortunately, I'm out. Found out yesterday evening about 6pm EST. I have no idea what they're looking for bc I thought I aced it, but I was wrong. I'll give it another go in future years. Best of luck in phase 3 for all those who have passed.
Applied: Oct 15 2018
Phase 1: Dec 27 2018
Phase 2: Jan 05 2019
Waiting on Phase 2 Results
thanks 1 user thanked maeday83 for this useful post.
Lolniceone on 2/2/2019(UTC)
Jwebb514  
#295 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2019 9:43:11 AM(UTC)
Jwebb514

Does anyone have any info on field office assignment? I heard the VAST majority end up in either LA, DC, or NYC. I’m curious what the likelihood is of ending up in top ten field office outside of those three.
Fedski  
#296 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 8:05:06 AM(UTC)
Fedski

United States

Originally Posted by: Fedski Go to Quoted Post
Applied: 10/03/2018
Phase I: 12/05/2018
Phase II: 12/15/2018(Pending results)

Processing out of New England (Boston) Field Division

Phase II on 12/15/18, anyone else on the same timeline that hasn't received their results?
IAdreamin  
#297 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:39:57 AM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jwebb514 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have any info on field office assignment? I heard the VAST majority end up in either LA, DC, or NYC. I’m curious what the likelihood is of ending up in top ten field office outside of those three.

No first-hand knowledge. From looking through past threads, I believe ppl were saying that the average assignment was the 5th or 6th pick. Of course, this could mean ppl get their top pick while others get 20th. I'm sure there are others that select the larger offices as their top choices and that skews the results as well.

I interviewed for a non-IA position at my local FO today. When asking about job progression and timelines, the interviewer specifically mentioned that LA, DC, NYC/NJ always have openings while my local FO is usually always 100% staffed.

Best advice would be to contact the FOs you're interested in and see how often they have IA openings.
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
dl87lu  
#298 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 11:15:33 PM(UTC)
dl87lu

United States

Applied: 10/03/2018
Phase I: 12/05/2018
Phase II: 12/15/2018(Pending results)

Processing out of New England (Boston) Field Division

Phase II on 12/15/18, anyone else on the same timeline that hasn't received their results?

i tested for phase II on the same date as you and still haven't heard anything. i feel like they've forgotten about me at this point.
QuietTenacity  
#299 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 4:58:16 AM(UTC)
QuietTenacity

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post

I interviewed for a non-IA position at my local FO today. When asking about job progression and timelines, the interviewer specifically mentioned that LA, DC, NYC/NJ always have openings while my local FO is usually always 100% staffed.

There are a few folks waiting to see if they get called for the threat intake examiner position. That position did seem like it would appeal to folks who are interested in the IA position. Would you be willing to tell us if Threat Intake Examiner was the position you interviewed for?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:01:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarity

QuietTenacity  
#300 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:33:55 AM(UTC)
QuietTenacity

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
@Georgeofthejungle I've responded to your question in the threat examiner thread. I don't want to go off on a different topic in this thread. I hope you find the answer helpful.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:39:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to stay on topic

Rss Feed  Atom Feed