Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

43 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IAdreamin  
#581 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 5:23:56 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Actually my interview is the 7th. My bad.

For anyone that has already interviewed, when did your local AC/FO reach out to set up travel itinerary? Booked my room a couple of weeks ago, haven't heard anything about travel and it's just over a week away.
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
thanks 1 user thanked IAdreamin for this useful post.
smc89 on 11/4/2019(UTC)
watchfulpatience  
#582 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:17:05 AM(UTC)
watchfulpatience

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post
Actually my interview is the 7th. My bad.

For anyone that has already interviewed, when did your local AC/FO reach out to set up travel itinerary? Booked my room a couple of weeks ago, haven't heard anything about travel and it's just over a week away.

Each region is different, but I'm interviewing next week, and I'm all wrapped up with my travel itinerary. Try reaching out to whicheer office is closest to you?
thanks 1 user thanked watchfulpatience for this useful post.
smc89 on 11/4/2019(UTC)
smc89  
#583 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:30:28 PM(UTC)
smc89

Woman
United States

Yeah mine changed to October 25th but that’s the date they booked my flight to Chicago for my interview next week.
IAdreamin  
#584 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:47:41 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Because the thread is on danger of falling off of the front page..

Notified I passed Phase III last night. Now waiting for CJO.
IA Applicant
CriminalIA  
#585 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:08:29 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)

I'll help ya bump this up.

My most recent (standardized you're-still-in-background) e-mail shows I'm in week 18.

My poly and drug test were in August. I just checked my annual credit report in the last few days and it doesn't look like my credit has been pulled yet, none of my contacts have mentioned being called, and I've not been contacted by an investigator.

No idea what's going on with my paperwork. S'ok, though. I'm hanging out patiently waiting to learn what's next.
thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
vmars on 11/19/2019(UTC)
Cait0720  
#586 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:34:25 PM(UTC)
Cait0720

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GeorgeofTheJungle Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

My most recent (standardized you're-still-in-background) e-mail shows I'm in week 18.

My poly and drug test were in August. I just checked my annual credit report in the last few days and it doesn't look like my credit has been pulled yet, none of my contacts have mentioned being called, and I've not been contacted by an investigator.

No idea what's going on with my paperwork. S'ok, though. I'm hanging out patiently waiting to learn what's next.

Where does it says the week you are on?

For what it's worth, I have never received any of those emails you guys are referencing. I've been in BI since June, my references were contacted starting in early July, my portal had a "Last Processing Date" update on 10/15, and I'm still waiting for "the call." Really hoping for a spot in the January 2020 class, which isn't *that* crazy of a thought because of my timeline, but the waiting game is definitely hard ...
-Applied: 10/2018
-P1: 12/2018
-P2: 01/2019
-P3: 04/2019
-CJO: 04/2019
-PI/Poly: 05/2019
-BI: Ongoing
CriminalIA  
#587 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:09:29 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Cait0720 Go to Quoted Post

For what it's worth, I have never received any of those emails you guys are referencing. I've been in BI since June, my references were contacted starting in early July, my portal had a "Last Processing Date" update on 10/15, and I'm still waiting for "the call." Really hoping for a spot in the January 2020 class, which isn't *that* crazy of a thought because of my timeline, but the waiting game is definitely hard ...

You must have your contact preferences set to e-mail in your FBIJobs profile before you'll get them, so check your preferences. They come, to-the-day (for me, at least) every 3 weeks.

If you get them, the way to know is by clicking the survey link at the bottom of the e-mail. When you get to the survey page there will be a line at the top that shows what week you are in background. I haven't made any effort to see if I could discern when that count started, though.

I'm sure I've saved a screenshot of one, so if I can figure out how to add that image I will. Otherwise, pretend I know what I'm doing and that I decided I had better things to do. 🤣

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
vmars on 11/19/2019(UTC)
IAdreamin  
#588 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:08:27 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Anyone have experience with military clearances to compare? Looks like most have been in BI for awhile. I expect that and it doesn't bother me (just bought a house). I had TS/SCI in the military and the process took about 3 months. Didn't need a poly though.

Just curious if the poly adds that much time, if the military expedites the process, if you've all got extensive international travel, or if the FBI is just that much slower...or maybe a combination.
IA Applicant
Midwest18  
#589 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:10:52 AM(UTC)
Midwest18

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I also received notification of passing phase 3!! Just waiting for CJO now. Here’s my timeline so far

Application: 10/18
Phase 1: 12/4/18 (pass 12/4/18)
Phase 2: 12/6/18 (pass 1/3/19)
Phase 3: 11/5/19 (pass 11/13/19)
App: 10/13/18
P1: 12/4
P2: 12/6
P2 Pass: 1/3/19
P3: 11/5
P3 Pass 11/13
CJO: 11/26
PSI: 2/11/20
Poly: 3/13
Poly Pass: 4/15
Cait0720  
#590 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 12:59:39 PM(UTC)
Cait0720

You must have your contact preferences set to e-mail in your FBIJobs profile before you'll get them, so check your preferences. They come, to-the-day (for me, at least) every 3 weeks.

If you get them, the way to know is by clicking the survey link at the bottom of the e-mail. When you get to the survey page there will be a line at the top that shows what week you are in background. I haven't made any effort to see if I could discern when that count started, though.

I'm sure I've saved a screenshot of one, so if I can figure out how to add that image I will. Otherwise, pretend I know what I'm doing and that I decided I had better things to do. 🤣

Thanks for the info - I updated my preferences last night and got my first "Active" email this morning! But I don't see the info about what week I'm in, there wasn't much info at the top of the survey other than the title of it. I must be missing something ...
CriminalIA  
#591 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 1:26:07 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Thanks for the info - I updated my preferences last night and got my first "Active" email this morning! But I don't see the info about what week I'm in, there wasn't much info at the top of the survey other than the title of it. I must be missing something ...

I've tried to figure out how to add an image here, but I can't do it without providing a link.

When I open the survey, the header has 2 lines of text at the very top. The font is white, and the backfill for the entire width of each of those two lines all the way across is a shade of blue.

The top line has the title of the e-mail that was received, and the second line shows the week. Example: my week 15 e-mail survey page top line said "Candidate Engagement Email: #ONEFBI." The backfill was a medium blue color. The second line said "Week 15: #ONEFBI" and had a lighter blue backfill.

I just went back and looked at the date of the first active e-mail I received, and it corresponds with the last processing date that shows in my FBIJobs portal. Additionally, the first e-mail said it confirmed my acceptance of the CJO. I received and accepted the CJO on 5 July, and see that the expiration date for accepting the CJO was 8 July. 8 July is when I got that first e-mail.

I would also add that my most recent e-mail (18 weeks) did come at ~18 weeks after accepting the CJO.

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2019 1:27:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cait0720  
#592 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 1:35:32 PM(UTC)
Cait0720

I've tried to figure out how to add an image here, but I can't do it without providing a link.

When I open the survey, the header has 2 lines of text at the very top. The font is white, and the backfill for the entire width of each of those two lines all the way across is a shade of blue.

The top line has the title of the e-mail that was received, and the second line shows the week. Example: my week 15 e-mail survey page top line said "Candidate Engagement Email: #ONEFBI." The backfill was a medium blue color. The second line said "Week 15: #ONEFBI" and had a lighter blue backfill.

I just went back and looked at the date of the first active e-mail I received, and it corresponds with the last processing date that shows in my FBIJobs portal. Additionally, the first e-mail said it confirmed my acceptance of the CJO. I received and accepted the CJO on 5 July, and see that the expiration date for accepting the CJO was 8 July. 8 July is when I got that first e-mail.

I would also add that my most recent e-mail (18 weeks) did come at ~18 weeks after accepting the CJO.

What a super helpful (and detailed!) thread, thanks so much! I'm thinking that since this was the first time I received an email (since I hadn't selected any preferred communication method in the portal until last night), maybe the survey that I took is the first one and thus, it wouldn't contain any info about where I am in the process because it's not like I've been taking them all along starting back when I accepted my CJO and started my BI ... that's my guess, at least! We'll see what happens when I get the next one!

Anyway, thanks again for the info - very helpful.

CriminalIA  
#593 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 2:02:44 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

What a super helpful (and detailed!) thread, thanks so much! I'm thinking that since this was the first time I received an email (since I hadn't selected any preferred communication method in the portal until last night), maybe the survey that I took is the first one and thus, it wouldn't contain any info about where I am in the process because it's not like I've been taking them all along starting back when I accepted my CJO and started my BI ... that's my guess, at least! We'll see what happens when I get the next one!

Anyway, thanks again for the info - very helpful.

You are welcome.

Even if you can't see your week number via the survey link, you'll at least know if you are still considered "Active" by checking your FBIJobs tracker, or by seeing "Active" at the top of those e-mails. You can estimate your week number, I would guess, by just calculating how many weeks it's been since you accepted the CJO.

Give it another 3 weeks and you should have the next e-mail.
vmars  
#594 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Didn't know this, thanks. Mine says Week 18 as well.
App: 10/18
PI: 12/18
PII: 12/18 (1/19)
PIII: 6/19
CJO: 7/19
Poly: 8/19
Bkgd: 9/19-5/20
Q: 12/20
Dashyfor  
#595 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 5:38:38 PM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Has anyone heard about Atlanta interviews??
CWilliams81  
#596 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:56:24 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dashyfor Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard about Atlanta interviews??

Are there still more Phase Three interviews in the works for the 2018 announcement???
Dashyfor  
#597 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:42:21 PM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

That or they have forgotten about me. Just got in touch with HR now. I don`t know anyone else in the south, besides myself, that still needs an interview. So we shall see....
mugatu300  
#598 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:20:33 PM(UTC)
mugatu300

United States

How did all of you apply for IA? Because I've monitored the FBI jobs website for the past year and have never seen a posting for an IA thats available to the general public. Also, do you think there has even been any SA that convert to IA after a few years on the job? Thanks in advance.
App 6/24/18
P1 8/21/18
M&G 11/28/18
P2 W 2/28/19
P2 I 10/7/19
PFT 11/22/19
PSI 1/17/20
Med 2/7/20
Poly 3/13/20
BI 7/22/20

TheSecDev  
#599 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:58:43 AM(UTC)
TheSecDev

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post
How did all of you apply for IA? Because I've monitored the FBI jobs website for the past year and have never seen a posting for an IA thats available to the general public. Also, do you think there has even been any SA that convert to IA after a few years on the job? Thanks in advance.

A SA would probably never go from SA to IA. Its usually IA to SA. Intelligence Analysts postings are pretty rare and a lot of postings are internal FBI only. For example there is a IA posting right now that is Internal Only in Paris France and other places like Mclean. If they need a influx of IA's they will probably post publicly. Its easier for them to higher internally than to go external.
App: 01/28/2020
P1: 02/21/2020
P2: 02/28/2020
P3: 01/14/2021
CWilliams81  
#600 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:52:24 PM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post

Most of this group applied to the Fall 2018 vacancy. The next vacancy is scheduled for March 2020. It’s possible to convert from SA to IA but Id be surprised if any have actually done it (aside from maybe being forced to due to injury). The SA position is viewed as more prestigious, has more room for advancement, and makes more money than IAs. The biggest things IAs have over SAs is that they work forty hours a week instead of fifty and they don’t have mandatory retirement at age 57. If you want IA, just wait and apply to the announcement in the spring.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed