Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

42 Pages«<3334353637>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zoomie44  
#681 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:47:13 AM(UTC)
Zoomie44

Groups: Registered

I just checked mine and didn't see anything about a hold
Gk2018  
#682 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:48:38 AM(UTC)
Gk2018

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ok never mind it was only on other apps from previous years. But I’m guessing there are still some of us waiting to hear back about final job offers?
Zoomie44  
#683 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:55:57 AM(UTC)
Zoomie44

I just recieved the "you are still active" email this morning. My personal contacts have not been talked to yet. I would guess that should happen anytime now. I'm going with the no news is good news approach.
jcam85  
#684 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 9:10:46 AM(UTC)
jcam85

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gk2018 Go to Quoted Post
Ok never mind it was only on other apps from previous years. But I’m guessing there are still some of us waiting to hear back about final job offers?

I received my official invitation to the 5/10 class on 2/26 and im sure final job offers will be sent out closer to that timeframe. Have you received an invite? I replied with my acceptance to the class to the person listed in the email, but haven't received a verification that they received my email. Im wondering if i should send a follow up email to check and make sure that they got it
Gk2018  
#685 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 9:47:58 AM(UTC)
Gk2018

I have not. I’m still waiting to get notification of my BI beginning. Does HQ typically send out notifications of BI after poly?
Gk2018  
#686 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 9:55:33 AM(UTC)
Gk2018

Asking because my fbi jobs account reflects a day change in processing of 3/4 and I’m wondering if that is indicative of an upcoming notification.
CriminalIA  
#687 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 10:00:10 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)

You can see by my timeline that even though my poly was last August, my background didn't get started until December when they finally realized they forgot to get my fingerprints. If I make it through background with no problems, I would expect to be one of the last from the 2018 app cycle to get a final offer.
jcam85  
#688 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 10:00:54 AM(UTC)
jcam85

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have not. I’m still waiting to get notification of my BI beginning. Does HQ typically send out notifications of BI after poly?

I didn't receive any email stating that my background had been initiated. I just kept receiving those auto generated emails after passing the poly so assumed it had started and then my contacts started getting contacted towards the end of last year.
vmars  
#689 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 10:32:33 AM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post
You can see by my timeline that even though my poly was last August, my background didn't get started until December when they finally realized they forgot to get my fingerprints. If I make it through background with no problems, I would expect to be one of the last from the 2018 app cycle to get a final offer.

I'm still here too! :) No update on my application either.
App: 10/18
PI: 12/18
PII: 12/18 (1/19)
PIII: 6/19
CJO: 7/19
Poly: 8/19
Bkgd: 9/19-5/20
Q: 12/20
CriminalIA  
#690 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 10:38:02 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: vmars Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

I'm still here too! :) No update on my application either.

Glad to know I'm not alone! I've only had my prior employer and maybe - I think - just one reference contacted (not a family member). Sure feels like things are creeping along, but honestly my life can handle a couple of months between now and Quantico, so I'm patient. 🙂
Dashyfor  
#691 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 6:48:55 PM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Lol, I`m going to probably the last one to get to the final job offer. Finally passed p3 a month ago, and just turned in all the paperwork. security interview coming soon.

I`ve been living abroad, and they straight up told me that my background will take awhile because of that. Long waiting game up ahead
Zoomie44  
#692 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2020 7:43:58 PM(UTC)
Zoomie44

I too am from the 2018 cycle. Ive been getting the auto generated emails since December. Hopefully my background goes quickly I'm prior military. I was lucky enough to do the poly twice ;). That put a little hiccup to things but I'm shooting for being done with background by June hopefully.
Gk2018  
#693 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 6:00:08 AM(UTC)
Gk2018

I also had to take poly twice. Have you received any notification that you BI has began?
CriminalIA  
#694 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 6:05:07 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Dashyfor Go to Quoted Post
Lol, I`m going to probably the last one to get to the final job offer. Finally passed p3 a month ago, and just turned in all the paperwork. security interview coming soon.

I`ve been living abroad, and they straight up told me that my background will take awhile because of that. Long waiting game up ahead

Originally Posted by: Zoomie44 Go to Quoted Post
I too am from the 2018 cycle. Ive been getting the auto generated emails since December. Hopefully my background goes quickly I'm prior military. I was lucky enough to do the poly twice ;). That put a little hiccup to things but I'm shooting for being done with background by June hopefully.

Dashy - Although I do not (and have not) lived abroad, my spouse is active duty military and I've moved around quite a bit. Thus, references on my SF86 are all over the country, so that is one reason I expect a delay. It will be interesting to compare timelines as we move along.

Zoomie - I got the first "You're in Background" e-mail a few days after I accepted the CJO, so that was last July. I should be receiving the next one on Monday - so, even though I know an investigator didn't start working on my BI until December, I've been getting those automated e-mails for months!
Zoomie44  
#695 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 9:16:46 AM(UTC)
Zoomie44

I have not gotten any emails saying my Background has begun. I'm processing out of MN and our group waited for what seemed like forever. So in the meantime just cruising along not trying to think about the process.
CriminalIA  
#696 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 9:41:37 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Zoomie44 Go to Quoted Post
I have not gotten any emails saying my Background has begun. I'm processing out of MN and our group waited for what seemed like forever. So in the meantime just cruising along not trying to think about the process.

Log in to the FBIJobs portal and then follow the link to "My Account Information." Check to see if e-mail is listed as your contact method. If it is not, then that could be one reason why you haven't received an e-mail. They are automated e-mails that provide you with general information about the FBI, and for me they come exactly every 3 weeks. I shared some other info about that e-mail (and where to see what week number you are on in your background) on a previous post - feel free to search my history if you'd like a little more detail on it.

Either way, it is nice to be at a point in the process where we are, personally, a little more hands-off.

NewSkillz  
#697 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 7:15:28 PM(UTC)
NewSkillz

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Greetings all,

I have been reading all the great info on here for well over a year now. Wanted to chime in to say I got my final offer email yesterday after a year-and-a-half in the process. The offer was for May 10, but I am a teacher and requested to change my BFTC class to July so I can complete my contract, which the HQ contact said would be fine. Long story short, May offers are coming down the pipes, and I look forward to meeting some of you folks in July!

Best wishes!
App 9/18
Ph1 12/18
Ph2 1/19 (2/19)
Ph3 6/19
CJO/BI/e-QIP 7/19
SI/UA/FP/Poly: 8/19
Investigator/Credit 9/19
Q 12/20

thanks 2 users thanked NewSkillz for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 3/11/2020(UTC), JayBird8501 on 3/11/2020(UTC)
IAdreamin  
#698 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 11:24:46 AM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
2 questions for all in/completed BI:

1. Were you personally interviewed by an agent or investigator as part of the process?

I submitted SF86 and then met with AC in person to officially submit and go over it. She didn't want in-depth answers to any of the questions that required explanation. Just the basics. I was contacted by an investigator recently trying to clear something up about my previous employment. He asked if I was able to explain anything when I spoke to an investigator and all I could say was that I haven't spoken to any investigator. Wondering if I should expect this meeting soon.

2. How soon were your personal references contacted in relation to the BI wrapping up?

I'm referring to the "3 people who know you well". I had a TS/SCI in the military and they were contacted last. I know my most recent previous employer has been contacted and my current employer is supposed to be contacted today. A personal reference told me that someone contacted him today. Wondering if the FBI works on the same old-to-new timeline with personal references contacted at the end of the investigation.

Thanks for any responses!
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
JayBird8501  
#699 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 8:40:10 PM(UTC)
JayBird8501

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post
2 questions for all in/completed BI:

1. Were you personally interviewed by an agent or investigator as part of the process?

2. How soon were your personal references contacted in relation to the BI wrapping up?

You should undergo a PSI (personnel security interview) prior to your polygraph. That is a formal interview which takes a few hours and goes over the SF-86 in its entirety. I don’t imagine your informal sit-down with your AC would qualify as the PSI, especially since they didn’t want to get too detailed on things.

The investigative phase of my BI happened pretty quickly and simultaneously. Within a month or two, the investigators completed interviews with references, employers, etc. My spouse was last to be interviewed, and that was about 6 months ago. Still in BI step so I can’t say that interviews occurred immediately before adjudication or anything, but if you have no issues that may be the case.

Also, I’m an SA applicant but I imagine this process is pretty consistent.
App: 11/18
M&G: 12/18
PII: 3/19
PFT: 4/19
PSI/POLY: 5/19
BI: PENDING
tenaciousnerd  
#700 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 1:43:34 PM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all - long time lurker here, first time poster. I'm hoping for some advice on salary negotiation. I will defend my PhD (social science) next month. I've completed two ten week internships with the federal government (one at a GS-9 level; one unpaid). Can I negotiate steps within GS-9? If so, which step do you recommend I shoot for?

Thanks in advance for your advice, and thanks for this helpful thread!
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
Rss Feed  Atom Feed