Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

40 Pages«<3536373839>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CWilliams81  
#721 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:56:24 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dashyfor Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard about Atlanta interviews??

Are there still more Phase Three interviews in the works for the 2018 announcement???
Dashyfor  
#722 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:42:21 PM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
That or they have forgotten about me. Just got in touch with HR now. I don`t know anyone else in the south, besides myself, that still needs an interview. So we shall see....
mugatu300  
#723 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:20:33 PM(UTC)
mugatu300

United States

How did all of you apply for IA? Because I've monitored the FBI jobs website for the past year and have never seen a posting for an IA thats available to the general public. Also, do you think there has even been any SA that convert to IA after a few years on the job? Thanks in advance.
App: 6/24/18
P1: 8/21/18
M&G: 11/28/18
P2 W: 2/28/19
P2 I: 10/7/19
PFT: 11/22/19
CO: 11/26/19
SF-86: 12/9/19
TheSecDev  
#724 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:58:43 AM(UTC)
TheSecDev

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post
How did all of you apply for IA? Because I've monitored the FBI jobs website for the past year and have never seen a posting for an IA thats available to the general public. Also, do you think there has even been any SA that convert to IA after a few years on the job? Thanks in advance.

A SA would probably never go from SA to IA. Its usually IA to SA. Intelligence Analysts postings are pretty rare and a lot of postings are internal FBI only. For example there is a IA posting right now that is Internal Only in Paris France and other places like Mclean. If they need a influx of IA's they will probably post publicly. Its easier for them to higher internally than to go external.
NSA CAE IA/CD
A.S. Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement
B.S. Security & Risk Analysis - Information and Cyber Security
CWilliams81  
#725 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:52:24 PM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mugatu300 Go to Quoted Post

Most of this group applied to the Fall 2018 vacancy. The next vacancy is scheduled for March 2020. It’s possible to convert from SA to IA but Id be surprised if any have actually done it (aside from maybe being forced to due to injury). The SA position is viewed as more prestigious, has more room for advancement, and makes more money than IAs. The biggest things IAs have over SAs is that they work forty hours a week instead of fifty and they don’t have mandatory retirement at age 57. If you want IA, just wait and apply to the announcement in the spring.
IAdreamin  
#726 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 1:44:25 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Got an email asking to update my transcript on my app in order to receive proper CJO.

Went to my app and I'm unable to update transcript. I applied as I was starting senior year, so the transcript on file is only official through junior classes. I've obviously graduated now. I pre-qualified for GS7 initially, and I'd still only be GS7 (no Master's). Ultimately the update wouldn't change my offer, but I'm wondering if it would delay CJO since it shows I'm not officially graduated. Anyone else run into this?

FWIW, I do have a current transcript on my profile as I applied for this year's CHI prior to passing Phase III...just not attached to IA app.
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
CriminalIA  
#727 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 12:04:20 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I now get why it seems like I've been at a standstill since the poly. I got a phonecall from my AC and she said it looks like there was some kind of mix-up. Apparently they were supposed to fingerprint me previously and need me to come back for that. I set it up for Monday morning, and even though it's a 4.5 hour drive (one way), I don't mind. I'm just happy to hear things are still moving, even if slowly.

I checked my applicant tracker after she called, and the last processing date had changed to today - time stamp was just a couple of hours before she called.

How's everyone else doing?
P1&2 (pass): 2015-16
Continued app. in 2018
P3: 6/19
CJO: 7/19
PSI: 7/19
Poly & UA: 8/19
Fingerprints: 12/19
*In Background

Cait0720  
#728 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:27:26 PM(UTC)
Cait0720

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post
I now get why it seems like I've been at a standstill since the poly. I got a phonecall from my AC and she said it looks like there was some kind of mix-up. Apparently they were supposed to fingerprint me previously and need me to come back for that. I set it up for Monday morning, and even though it's a 4.5 hour drive (one way), I don't mind. I'm just happy to hear things are still moving, even if slowly.

I checked my applicant tracker after she called, and the last processing date had changed to today - time stamp was just a couple of hours before she called.

How's everyone else doing?

I'm glad you got some kind of an explanation! And a very reasonable one, I'd say. My fingerprinting and drug testing happened the same day as my poly, so that all adds up to me.

As for me, I have been in BI for about 6 months. I haven't heard from my AC since I wrote to her in October, after I noticed my processing date changed and I hadn't heard any reason for why. She wasn't able to provide me with any info and just said that she would let me know when she knew anything. So I'm stuck in the waiting abyss!
-Applied: 10/2018
-P1: 12/2018
-P2: 01/2019
-P3: 04/2019
-CJO: 04/2019
-PI/Poly: 05/2019
-BI: Ongoing
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#729 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:34:58 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hey folks. Figured I’d share the good news. Received an email yesterday that I was cleared for hire! Willing to answer any questions you folks may have.
App 8/30/18
P1 12/18
P2 12/18
P2 1/29/19 Pass
P3 4/8/19
P3 4/15/19 Pass
CJO 4/20
PSI 6/9/19
Poly 6/13
Poly Pass 6/17
FO 12/12
thanks 4 users thanked GeorgeofTheJungle for this useful post.
Ratigan on 12/4/2019(UTC), CriminalIA on 12/4/2019(UTC), Dune-8 on 12/4/2019(UTC), vmars on 12/6/2019(UTC)
Cait0720  
#730 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:38:00 PM(UTC)
Cait0720

Originally Posted by: GeorgeofTheJungle Go to Quoted Post
Hey folks. Figured I’d share the good news. Received an email yesterday that I was cleared for hire! Willing to answer any questions you folks may have.

Wow, CONGRATS GEORGE! That's awesome news, well-deserved! We have pretty similar timelines, so selfishly I'm hoping this means more of us will be hearing similar news soon! Where are you processing out of? What kind of info did your AC give you in the call? In other words, any details about the BI/adjudication process or why it took the amount of time that it did? Were you assigned a Q date? What did they say is next for you as you await Basic Training?

Oh, and also - what date and status changes happened in your FBI jobs portal? Did you have a date update recently?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:39:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Cait0720 for this useful post.
GeorgeofTheJungle on 12/4/2019(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#731 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:02:42 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Originally Posted by: Cait0720 Go to Quoted Post

Wow, CONGRATS GEORGE! That's awesome news, well-deserved! We have pretty similar timelines, so selfishly I'm hoping this means more of us will be hearing similar news soon! Where are you processing out of? What kind of info did your AC give you in the call? In other words, any details about the BI/adjudication process or why it took the amount of time that it did? Were you assigned a Q date? What did they say is next for you as you await Basic Training?

Oh, and also - what date and status changes happened in your FBI jobs portal? Did you have a date update recently?

Thanks bud!

Processed out of New York.

I didn’t get a call. Got an email saying I was cleared for hire and to reply if I accept.

As far as my background, no clue. I never reached out to my field office or AC for updates. Figured I would hear when I hear. I did not want to be the guy to constantly reach out.

No clue about the background length.I dont have anything glaring in my history. Just some travel, so I’m assuming it just took long becuase of the hiring freeze.

I was offered a spot for the January class. As far as details, nothing yet. I just have to figure out how to restructure my life within a month haha.

As an FYI my processing date did chance recently. My FBI tracker still says I’m in background. I guess it’ll change when I accept.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:38:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App 8/30/18
P1 12/18
P2 12/18
P2 1/29/19 Pass
P3 4/8/19
P3 4/15/19 Pass
CJO 4/20
PSI 6/9/19
Poly 6/13
Poly Pass 6/17
FO 12/12
thanks 2 users thanked GeorgeofTheJungle for this useful post.
Ratigan on 12/4/2019(UTC), QuietTenacity on 12/5/2019(UTC)
jreff22  
#732 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:44:20 PM(UTC)
jreff22

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks bud!

I didn’t get a call. Got an email saying I was cleared for hire and to reply if I accept.

As far as my background, no clue. I never reached out to my field office or AC for updates. Figured I would hear when I hear. I did not want to be the guy to constantly reach out.

No clue about the background length.I dont have anything glaring in my history. Just some travel, so I’m assuming it just took long becuase of the hiring freeze.

I was offered a spot for the January class. As far as details, nothing yet. I just have to figure out how to restructure my life within a month haha.

As an FYI my processing date did chance recently. My FBI tracker still says I’m in background. I guess it’ll change when I accept.

Did you have an option to pick another class date?
App 8/31/18
P1 12/5/18
P2 12/12/18
P2 1/27/19 Pass
P3 9/18/19
P3 9/24/19 Pass
CJO 10/4/19
PSI 10/24/19
Poly 10/28/19
Cait0720  
#733 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:45:57 PM(UTC)
Cait0720

Thanks bud!

All good info, thanks so much for sharing. Again, congrats! And good luck with getting ready to upend your life in the next month or so haha!

thanks 1 user thanked Cait0720 for this useful post.
GeorgeofTheJungle on 12/5/2019(UTC)
Dune-8  
#734 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:30:16 PM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 18 post(s)

Congrats, George! Really happy for you!

Quick question, did the FJO email arrive at a random time or during regular business hours?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:31:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Dune-8 for this useful post.
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#735 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:33:58 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Originally Posted by: jreff22 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks bud!

Not that I’m aware of, as the email didn’t make it seem like I had much of a choice.

Originally Posted by: Dune-8 Go to Quoted Post

Congrats, George! Really happy for you!

Quick question, did the FJO email arrive at a random time or during regular business hours?

Thanks bud!

During business hours.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:35:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App 8/30/18
P1 12/18
P2 12/18
P2 1/29/19 Pass
P3 4/8/19
P3 4/15/19 Pass
CJO 4/20
PSI 6/9/19
Poly 6/13
Poly Pass 6/17
FO 12/12
QuietTenacity  
#736 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 10:42:20 AM(UTC)
QuietTenacity

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Omgosh George, that is wonderful news, congratulations!

(You probably don't remember me...I've been applying for IA since 2016 and have chatted on here a bit, but I changed my forum name)

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with everything!

thanks 1 user thanked QuietTenacity for this useful post.
Lolniceone  
#737 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:30:55 AM(UTC)
Lolniceone

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wow! Congrats George! It's always good to hear when people reach the light at the end of the tunnel!

I also processed out of NY and our timelines are almost identical. I did my poly a month or so earlier in May but other than that, exactly the same. Still radio silence for me. I'm thinking that my history of travel, living out of the US for a year or so, parents not being US-born, and my previous work history (international org) are all slowing me down.

Edited by user Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:31:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Lolniceone for this useful post.
GeorgeofTheJungle  
#738 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:49:37 PM(UTC)
GeorgeofTheJungle

Originally Posted by: QuietTenacity Go to Quoted Post

Omgosh George, that is wonderful news, congratulations!

(You probably don't remember me...I've been applying for IA since 2016 and have chatted on here a bit, but I changed my forum name)

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with everything!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by: Lolniceone Go to Quoted Post
Wow! Congrats George! It's always good to hear when people reach the light at the end of the tunnel!

I also processed out of NY and our timelines are almost identical. I did my poly a month or so earlier in May but other than that, exactly the same. Still radio silence for me. I'm thinking that my history of travel, living out of the US for a year or so, parents not being US-born, and my previous work history (international org) are all slowing me down.

Hmm, we have similar backgrounds. I'm sure they'll get to you soon. Double check to see if your tracker updated.

Edited by user Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:52:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App 8/30/18
P1 12/18
P2 12/18
P2 1/29/19 Pass
P3 4/8/19
P3 4/15/19 Pass
CJO 4/20
PSI 6/9/19
Poly 6/13
Poly Pass 6/17
FO 12/12
Ornament  
#739 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:05:01 PM(UTC)
Ornament

United States

Originally Posted by: jreff22 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks bud!

Not that I’m aware of, as the email didn’t make it seem like I had much of a choice.

you absolutely have a choice and can opt for the class in March, July or Sept.
but..... sh!t happens all the freakin time in the government.
classes get cancelled, funding gets slashed mid year, govt shutdowns, or even they overbook the class and you're the unlucky one that gets booted.
so my advice is get in and get through as soon as you can.

Edited by user Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:06:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: i said a bad word

vmars  
#740 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 10:24:51 AM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

:D Congrats, George! I was beginning to wonder if any of us were getting through this year, haha. Let us know what Quantico class you end up taking.
App: 10/5/18
PI: 12/11/18
PII: 12/20/18 (01/16/19)
PIII: 6/12/19 (6/18/19)
CJO: 7/5/19
Poly: 8/21/19 (9/10/19)
Bkgd: 9/2019-??
thanks 1 user thanked vmars for this useful post.
GeorgeofTheJungle on 12/6/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed