Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

42 Pages«<3637383940>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CriminalIA  
#741 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:04:16 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'll get into the 2021 class hopefully lol

Did you get your phase 2 results back, yet?
IAdreamin  
#742 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:04:34 AM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Everyone that recently received an August invite- were you all previously scheduled for May, or are some new invitees?

Also what happened to those at Q before the covid shutdown? Any of you still around?
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
activewal2018  
#743 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:45:15 AM(UTC)
activewal2018

United States

Congrats everyone!

I did not receive an invite for May class before COVID, but received the email for August.

Background started in early October. Received an update in my portal around two weeks ago. Email yesterday.
Hampton121  
#744 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 1:37:26 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'll get into the 2021 class hopefully lol

Did you get your phase 2 results back, yet?

Nope I'm waiting for my phase 2 invite this will b my 2nd time taking it.
BlackMambaIC  
#745 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:40:05 PM(UTC)
BlackMambaIC

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Congrats to those that received class invites! Generally speaking, how did you all know you were in the adjudication phase? I've been in background since February of 2018, with no portal update since October of 2019. So I figure my time has to be coming eventually. Just curious if you received notice that you were in adjudication or not.

Also, does anybody know if there's going to be a July class? I thought I saw somewhere on these forums that they were going to have one, but from the looks of things with the posts above, it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. Assuming that's true, then we have June, August, and September to finish off FY20, right?

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2020 3:42:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

vmars  
#746 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:23:05 PM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For the people that already had invites before the pandemic, was the FJO the same email as the Q invite? I'm just a little confused because I don't know why they would be asking about my availability if I wasn't adjudicated or haven't signed anything yet. But I know the Bureau sometimes works in mysterious ways...maybe it's a logistics reason?
App: 10/18
PI: 12/18
PII: 12/18 (1/19)
PIII: 6/19
CJO: 7/19
Poly: 8/19
Bkgd: 9/19-5/20
Q: 12/20
NewSkillz  
#747 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:33:13 PM(UTC)
NewSkillz

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I never received anything regarding adjudication. I had a date change in late Feb (previous was July), then a few days later a class invite/FJO. The portal still says I’m in bkg.

Originally Posted by: BlackMambaIC Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to those that received class invites! Generally speaking, how did you all know you were in the adjudication phase? I've been in background since February of 2018, with no portal update since October of 2019. So I figure my time has to be coming eventually. Just curious if you received notice that you were in adjudication or not.

App 9/18
Ph1 12/18
Ph2 1/19 (2/19)
Ph3 6/19
CJO/BI/e-QIP 7/19
SI/UA/FP/Poly: 8/19
Investigator/Credit 9/19
Q 12/20

NewSkillz  
#748 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 4:38:38 PM(UTC)
NewSkillz

Originally Posted by: vmars Go to Quoted Post
For the people that already had invites before the pandemic, was the FJO the same email as the Q invite? I'm just a little confused because I don't know why they would be asking about my availability if I wasn't adjudicated or haven't signed anything yet. But I know the Bureau sometimes works in mysterious ways...maybe it's a logistics reason?

My pre-pandemic class invite was in the same email as my FJO, personally sent from the contact person that was the reply-to person on the mass email we just got. That’s why I think you will get a personal email with FJO soon. My guess is the mass availability email just probably came out before your contact has gotten around to sending an FJO???
App 9/18
Ph1 12/18
Ph2 1/19 (2/19)
Ph3 6/19
CJO/BI/e-QIP 7/19
Investigator/Credit 9/19
Q 12/20

thanks 1 user thanked NewSkillz for this useful post.
vmars on 6/4/2020(UTC)
IAdreamin  
#749 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:46:42 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Those that have had your credit checked: Did you find out through a credit report? And if so, what did the inquiry look like?

I noticed most that list in their signature are approximately the same time as their poly. I just pulled my 3 reports and see soft inquiries for 01/20 and 04/20, but they're listed as 'promotional inquiries'...and not all 3 show the Jan inquiry which I would assume to be the FBI check since that's when I had my poly. Can anyone provide a company name listed on their report? Just getting a little nervous if my credit hasn't been pulled this far along into my background.
IA Applicant
WaitingIsTheHardestPart  
#750 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:49:17 PM(UTC)
WaitingIsTheHardestPart

Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post
Those that have had your credit checked: Did you find out through a credit report? And if so, what did the inquiry look like?

I noticed most that list in their signature are approximately the same time as their poly. I just pulled my 3 reports and see soft inquiries for 01/20 and 04/20, but they're listed as 'promotional inquiries'...and not all 3 show the Jan inquiry which I would assume to be the FBI check since that's when I had my poly. Can anyone provide a company name listed on their report? Just getting a little nervous if my credit hasn't been pulled this far along into my background.

I'm fairly certain mine said FBI or something similar. I can't remember exactly, but it was very clear that it was for my background.
CriminalIA  
#751 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:50:10 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

My poly was in August and my credit wasn't pulled until November. I don't recall the exact organization name, but it actually did have FBI in it.*

*Edit: I'm pretty sure it did, at least. I recall it was very, very obvious when I saw it.

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:51:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WaitingIsTheHardestPart  
#752 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:51:55 PM(UTC)
WaitingIsTheHardestPart

My credit wasn't pulled until after an investigator contacted me about coming to my place of employment either, so it wasn't right after my poly. It was a few months after.
CriminalIA  
#753 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 5:52:16 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: WaitingIsTheHardestPart Go to Quoted Post

I'm fairly certain mine said FBI or something similar. I can't remember exactly, but it was very clear that it was for my background.

Haha! We must've been replying at the same time!
thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
WaitingIsTheHardestPart on 6/4/2020(UTC)
IAdreamin  
#754 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 7:51:45 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Thanks for the info. Definitely nothing that says FBI. I'm not worried about the credit check disqualifying me, just doing a mental checklist of what still needs done.

I had poly in mid-January. My current employer, former employer, and personal references were all contacted beginning to mid-March. Was hoping I might be near the end and could possibly squeeze into the class after August.

Oh well. Got my 3-week BI email today, so at least I'm still in line.
IA Applicant
CriminalIA  
#755 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 4:02:30 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Thanks for the info. Definitely nothing that says FBI. I'm not worried about the credit check disqualifying me, just doing a mental checklist of what still needs done.

I had poly in mid-January. My current employer, former employer, and personal references were all contacted beginning to mid-March. Was hoping I might be near the end and could possibly squeeze into the class after August.

Oh well. Got my 3-week BI email today, so at least I'm still in line.

I did poly & UA in August, credit check was in November, and prints in December. I was contacted by an investigator locally within a few days of prints, by one local to my last employer that same day, and by one near to one of my references in January. My portal date change remains early December when I was contacted to come in for prints. My background emails started shortly after I got the CJO, and my most recent one was for week 45.

Now that I'm coming up on 6 months since an investigator contacted me, I may email my AC soon and ask if she can tell me whether I'm in adjudication. If I decide to do that I'll try to remember to come back and update.

vmars  
#756 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 8:18:50 AM(UTC)
vmars

United States

Really embarrassing question...how do you know who your AC is? Is it the contact on the CJO or the person who arranged the poly/PSI? Or someone else? A long time ago I called the admin who set up my poly to find out if I passed, and after she said yes, she told me don't call again. 😬
CriminalIA  
#757 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:46:52 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Really embarrassing question...how do you know who your AC is? Is it the contact on the CJO or the person who arranged the poly/PSI? Or someone else? A long time ago I called the admin who set up my poly to find out if I passed, and after she said yes, she told me don't call again. 😬

I don't have a good answer for you...(I know who my AC is, but I moved states between PSI and poly and the woman who scheduled my poly was, at the time and according to her signature block, just an acting AC who provided me with the name and email of my actual AC)... But I think you have several options here.

-Call back anyway and ask if she can tell you the name of and contact info for your AC. If you have her email, you could ask that way (then she could just reply and CC your AC)

-Call or email the contact on the CJO and ask.

-Call the FO and ask to talk to someone in HR, then ask that person.

I think you have a reasonable request, and if you are kind about it perhaps someone will be willing to help. I wouldn't worry about being a bother to anyone.

There are plenty of great folks here... I'm sure someone may even have better advice than I do!

***Gosh, I didn't even think back to whether or not you already had a date for BFTC. My info may not be very useful! 🤦 I hope you are able to get in touch with just who you need!

Edited by user Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:55:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: 🤦

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
vmars on 6/9/2020(UTC)
NewSkillz  
#758 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2020 10:49:03 AM(UTC)
NewSkillz

So, your initial contact would have been the person from your regional field office setting up your poly/UA/PSI, etc. Now the person I have been in contact with is the one who’s email was in the BFTC date email. I’ve read on here that your processing office still has some contact with you leading up to Q, but I’ve not experienced that, yet, if that is the case.
App 9/18
Ph1 12/18
Ph2 1/19 (2/19)
Ph3 6/19
CJO/BI/e-QIP 7/19
Investigator/Credit 9/19
Q 12/20

thanks 1 user thanked NewSkillz for this useful post.
vmars on 6/9/2020(UTC)
Hampton121  
#759 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2020 4:12:04 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 48 post(s)

That's really petty that she said don't call again 😂
vmars  
#760 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2020 1:25:19 PM(UTC)
vmars

United States

That's really petty that she said don't call again 😂

Haha, I mean she was very professional and polite, but that's essentially what she said.

CriminalIA and NewSkillz, thanks for the tips. I may contact someone in a week or so. Based on previous threads, it does seem like those who receive an invite get a FJO sooner or later. I'm just antsy! lol
Rss Feed  Atom Feed