Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

51 Pages«<4344454647>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tenaciousnerd  
#881 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 12:23:55 PM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FeistyFrog Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post
Here's how it looks for me -

If I log in to the Experian website, it does NOT show up; however, I can see it if I pull my credit report from the annualcreditreport.com website. When you look at your inquiries it will be very obvious if it was related to this application process. You can pull your report from that website weekly now (whereas pre-COVID I am pretty sure you could only get it for free once a year - hence the name of the website).

Ah ha! That was very helpful advice. Looks like they pulled my credit on 10/17/19 and 1/29/21. So it appears to be moving again! Really hoping we can all grab a spot in the May class (or April if it's not too late)!

Thanks for this, CriminalIA. Didn't know they'd pulled mine back in early 2020 and then again last month. And yes, fingers crossed to see you all in May!
App: Sep 2018
PI/II: Dec 2018
PII pass: Jan 2019
PIII/pass: Sep 2019
PSI/fingerprints/poly: Dec 2019
Date change: Feb 2021
thanks 1 user thanked tenaciousnerd for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 3/9/2021(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#882 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 12:27:56 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tenaciousnerd Go to Quoted Post

If I log in to the Experian website, it does NOT show up; however, I can see it if I pull my credit report from the annualcreditreport.com website. When you look at your inquiries it will be very obvious if it was related to this application process. You can pull your report from that website weekly now (whereas pre-COVID I am pretty sure you could only get it for free once a year - hence the name of the website).

Ah ha! That was very helpful advice. Looks like they pulled my credit on 10/17/19 and 1/29/21. So it appears to be moving again! Really hoping we can all grab a spot in the May class (or April if it's not too late)!

Thanks for this, CriminalIA. Didn't know they'd pulled mine back in early 2020 and then again last month. And yes, fingers crossed to see you all in May!

Welcome!
IAdreamin  
#883 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 12:29:23 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Well shoot...just checked again and my credit was pulled. Clear as day "FBI". They pulled it a day after my last inquiry lol.

Also, I have to have my post approved by a moderator now? Weird to have that happen all of a sudden.
IA Applicant
Applied: Sep 26 2018
PI: Dec 6 2018
PII: Dec 11 2018 (Jan 17 2019)
PIII: Nov 8 2019
Poly/Prints: Jan 2020
Amalgamation  
#884 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 5:59:44 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IAdreamin Go to Quoted Post
Well shoot...just checked again and my credit was pulled. Clear as day "FBI". They pulled it a day after my last inquiry lol.

Also, I have to have my post approved by a moderator now? Weird to have that happen all of a sudden.

Huh. I had a soft inquiry after my date change, but it said DoJ. I don't have any other applications in, so now I'm wondering what that was.

I would accept the post moderation if it meant not seeing that troll again.

Edit: Correction, on my equifax account monitoring page, it shows DoJ. When I pulled the full report from annualcreditreport, it shows FBI. Thanks for the heads up to look there.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 10, 2021 6:12:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CriminalIA  
#885 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 6:19:07 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post

Huh. I had a soft inquiry after my date change, but it said DoJ. I don't have any other applications in, so now I'm wondering what that was.

I would accept the post moderation if it meant not seeing that troll again.

Edit: Correction, on my equifax account monitoring page, it shows DoJ. When I pulled the full report from annualcreditreport, it shows FBI. Thanks for the heads up to look there.

Happy to help. :)
tenaciousnerd  
#886 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2021 8:53:36 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Just checked the SA thread, and it looks like the next class is August. (I'm assuming April dates have gone out at this point, and a rumored May class never materialized...perhaps due to COVID.) So fingers crossed to see you all in August!
thanks 3 users thanked tenaciousnerd for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 3/10/2021(UTC), Amalgamation on 3/10/2021(UTC), cmar on 3/10/2021(UTC)
tenaciousnerd  
#887 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 5:59:08 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

Has anyone who got a call/email to update their PSI/SF-86 also received any updates since then? I received that call yesterday and am wondering what to expect in the coming weeks.
CriminalIA  
#888 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 6:46:14 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Has anyone who got a call/email to update their PSI/SF-86 also received any updates since then? I received that call yesterday and am wondering what to expect in the coming weeks.

Not really, but here's what it has looked like for me most recently:

February 8th I had a date change. Toward the end of February my credit was pulled for the 2nd time and the same day I got an email with the SF86C (not from my AC, but from someone else at my local FO). I turned it in the next day. The day after I turned in the SF86C I got a follow-up email from the same person with additional forms attached for me to fill out (credit and release of info authorizations). I asked where I was at in the process and was told that it looked like I was near the end of the BI and possibly headed for adjudication soon. Between one and two weeks after turning in my forms I was contacted by an investigator who said it was her responsibility to follow up on the information provided in the SF86C. I talked to her, gave her some info, and within a couple of hours of talking to her, she had spoken with 2 of my references. I have had no phone calls, emails, or portal updates since then.
thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
tenaciousnerd on 3/12/2021(UTC)
cmar  
#889 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 7:39:13 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Not really. I got a call from my FO 1/22 asking for any updates, my credit pulled for the second time 1/22, had a date change 1/24, and then another date change 3/3. Nothing since then. It sounds like quite a few of us are in the same exact position though, which could be promising.

IA App:8/28/18
I:12/19/18
II:12/26/18, pass 1/16/19
III:11/7/19, pass 11/13/19
CJO:12/13/19
PSI:1/13/20
Poly:1/17/20
BI:Pending
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
Amalgamation  
#890 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 8:26:39 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Same as others: not really. Credit pulled in January, got the email to update in February, returned the SF86c, and got confirmation they'd received it. Two weeks later, they asked for some backup docs referenced on the form and acknowledged they received those when I emailed them as attachments. Silence since then. Haven't gotten any word from my references, but some of them I'm no longer in regular communication with. Just crossing fingers and hoping for movement.
thanks 1 user thanked Amalgamation for this useful post.
IAdreamin  
#891 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 9:45:21 AM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Just for clarification...were those of you that received the SF86c given something else first and/or had contact with FO to confirm changes before getting the form?

My form was a word doc titled "SF86 Update Form". I have a military background, so I'm used to seeing the form name on the bottom corners of gov docs. This wasn't that. I didn't have any major updates though. Just a title change at the same workplace (which only meant I was past probationary period- same job description) and I provided alternate supervisors than the ones they contacted last March.

I'm sure it's the same thing, just odd that mine wasn't titled the same.
IA Applicant
Amalgamation  
#892 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 10:14:37 AM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Just for clarification...were those of you that received the SF86c given something else first and/or had contact with FO to confirm changes before getting the form?

My form was a word doc titled "SF86 Update Form". I have a military background, so I'm used to seeing the form name on the bottom corners of gov docs. This wasn't that. I didn't have any major updates though. Just a title change at the same workplace (which only meant I was past probationary period- same job description) and I provided alternate supervisors than the ones they contacted last March.

I did not have any contact before getting the form; it was an out-of-the-blue email, asking if I was still interested in the position, and if so, please fill out the attached pdf, which did look like the "official" form. The person emailing was different than my previous POC, but from the same FO.

CriminalIA  
#893 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 10:29:40 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

I've been wondering about this too. Mine didn't have SF86C anywhere on it. It was just a word doc titled Security Division Background Update Form. Maybe different FOs have different templates? Mine was from the Denver FO AC.

Originally Posted by: Amalgamation Go to Quoted Post

I did not have any contact before getting the form; it was an out-of-the-blue email, asking if I was still interested in the position, and if so, please fill out the attached pdf, which did look like the "official" form. The person emailing was different than my previous POC, but from the same FO.

Mine was a PDF and appeared to be the official form. The email it was attached to was asking if I was still interested and said if I was, then I should fill it out and send it back. I was not "given something else first," and I had no contact with my FO just prior to getting that email - at least nothing that indicated I was about to be asked to do the update.
MidWest_FBI  
#894 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 10:41:55 AM(UTC)
MidWest_FBI

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I never received any pfd version, i was instructed from near FO, to do Online ( e-Qip). I am familiar with sf86.

Applied: Sept
Interview: Oct
CJO offer: Feb
CJO Accepted: Mar
PSI: Mar
Poly passed: Apr
DT/FP: Apr
BI: Not Started Yet
CriminalIA  
#895 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 10:45:28 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Sk_Cac Go to Quoted Post
I never received any pfd version, i was instructed from near FO, to do Online ( e-Qip). I am familiar with sf86.

We are talking about a form for updates to the SF86. I would imagine a lot of us also used the e-QIP fillable form from the OPM website.
tenaciousnerd  
#896 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 11:36:43 AM(UTC)
tenaciousnerd

United States

The document I received was a Word doc with the exact same title. Wonder if we're processing out of the same FO? (Or maybe they share templates...)
IAdreamin  
#897 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 12:57:46 PM(UTC)
IAdreamin

United States

Thanks for the responses. Glad to see there is some variety and I wasn't the only one given a word doc. I guess technically any form distributed by a government agency would probably be considered an official gov form. Just odd that not everyone is given the same form. I'm sure they aren't hard to find. Probably on a sharedrive somewhere.

Tenacious...it's a possibility. Our listed locs are the same and timelines are about the same too (although that part probably isn't too significant).
IA Applicant
Gnocchi16  
#898 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2021 7:27:17 PM(UTC)
Gnocchi16

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)

My request for update was also the word documents-I filled them out and sent back to the local office that was requesting them. Haven’t heard anything since!
CriminalIA  
#899 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 4:19:16 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

So, I'm guessing the FBI jobs portal changes the SA thread is talking about only changed things for SAs, yeah? No one in the IA process had any portal changes did they?

I was looking at that chatter, too. No changes for me.
thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
FeistyFrog on 3/15/2021(UTC)
cmar  
#900 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 6:12:19 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
So, I'm guessing the FBI jobs portal changes the SA thread is talking about only changed things for SAs, yeah? No one in the IA process had any portal changes did they?

I was looking at that chatter, too. No changes for me.

No changes for me either.
IA App:8/28/18
I:12/19/18
II:12/26/18, pass 1/16/19
III:11/7/19, pass 11/13/19
CJO:12/13/19
PSI:1/13/20
Poly:1/17/20
BI:Pending
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
FeistyFrog on 3/16/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed