Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

54 Pages«<51525354>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
305Esquire  
#1041 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 8:17:28 AM(UTC)
305Esquire

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Negative. No Final Offer as of yet.
cmar  
#1042 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2022 10:42:02 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KD18 Go to Quoted Post
I was also told the 27th. Has any one gotten an IA FJO? I know the SA's have been receiving theirs but I don't know if anyone has gotten one for IA yet.

No FJO. If they follow the same pattern we’ll still have about two weeks probably.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
nerdish1  
#1043 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 10:53:16 AM(UTC)

Hi,

Can someone please tell me whether the IA post is considered a "position of public trust"?

I would try explaining why I need to know this but I was forbidden from copy and pasting my rationale for it on the forum without receiving a FORBIDDEN 403 error.

TIA!
cmar  
#1044 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 11:12:01 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdish1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Can someone please tell me whether the IA post is considered a "position of public trust"?

I would try explaining why I need to know this but I was forbidden from copy and pasting my rationale for it on the forum without receiving a FORBIDDEN 403 error.

TIA!

I would say yes. The work is to aid in the safety of the American people. We went through a lengthy process (including background investigation) and will be specially trained for a position where we’re working with sensitive information and citizens are trusting us to protect them.
Dashyfor  
#1045 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 6:47:34 PM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Going to Q in August!

For everyone who is going to Q in February…… give me all the dirty details (that you can). Lol! I’m so excited for all of us. It’s been a long time coming, for sure, and extra hard wait because of the pandemic.

Applied: October 2018
P1/P2: December 2018
P3: February 2020
CJO: Feb 2020
Poly: July 2020
BI: Jan 2022
Q: TBD
thanks 2 users thanked Dashyfor for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 1/31/2022(UTC), cmar on 1/31/2022(UTC)
nerdish1  
#1046 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 10:48:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

TIA!

I would say yes. The work is to aid in the safety of the American people. We went through a lengthy process (including background investigation) and will be specially trained for a position where we’re working with sensitive information and citizens are trusting us to protect them.

I'm inclined to go with your interpretation, but what would you say after seeing this chart:
https://fedcas.com/wp-co...rity-Clearance-Chart.pdf

Assuming the IA position requires the TS w/ SCI Eligibility or DOE "Q" determination, that would put it one rung below Public Trust.
CriminalIA  
#1047 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 4:54:56 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Hi,

TIA!

I've tried to respond multiple times (even via PM) but it won't go through. I'll keep trying, and if this makes it through I'll just try to edit. :D

Edited by user Tuesday, February 1, 2022 6:43:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Testing the edit since it won't let me add any text.

cmar  
#1048 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 7:04:10 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Hi,

TIA!

I'm inclined to go with your interpretation, but what would you say after seeing this chart:
https://fedcas.com/wp-co...rity-Clearance-Chart.pdf

Assuming the IA position requires the TS w/ SCI Eligibility or DOE "Q" determination, that would put it one rung below Public Trust.

I apologize, I didn’t realize there was a formal term that legitimately dictates if a position holds a level of public trust. Based on USA Jobs definitions, a position of public trust requires completion of an SF85 or 85P, which we did not complete. Based on that information, I'd say no.
CriminalIA  
#1049 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 5:03:40 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

How's everyone headed to the February class doing?

Getting all packed and ready? Anyone driving? Feel like they might overpack? Have a spouse and kids that they are going to miss? Praying for great roommates? Or, is it just me? :)

thanks 1 user thanked CriminalIA for this useful post.
Dashyfor on 2/20/2022(UTC)
cmar  
#1050 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 11:50:07 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Originally Posted by: CriminalIA Go to Quoted Post

Getting all packed and ready? Anyone driving? Feel like they might overpack? Have a spouse and kids that they are going to miss? Praying for great roommates? Or, is it just me? :)

I’ll be driving! I’m a chronic overpacker haha. Definitely crossing my fingers for someone good as well. This week will probably go quickly!
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 2/20/2022(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#1051 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 12:00:01 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

I’ll be driving! I’m a chronic overpacker haha. Definitely crossing my fingers for someone good as well. This week will probably go quickly!

Whew, I'm not alone! I'm also driving and figure that, worst case scenario, I can leave some things in my car.
KD18  
#1052 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2022 1:34:15 PM(UTC)
KD18

United States

Whew, I'm not alone! I'm also driving and figure that, worst case scenario, I can leave some things in my car.

Driving and over packing as well. That's probably one of the big bonuses of driving is extra storage space.
thanks 2 users thanked KD18 for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 2/20/2022(UTC), cmar on 2/20/2022(UTC)
cmar  
#1053 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 3:05:12 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Did you guys receive anything outside the emails on the 13th and 17th? I somehow was not on the list, and I had to have both emails forwarded to me the evening of the 17th. Hopefully there was communication to add me to the list, but I wanted to see if I missed anything since then to reach out about.
Dashyfor  
#1054 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 2:01:44 PM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

Speaking of packing…. Do we need the brown hiking boots? My bday is coming up, and I am thinking of practical things to ask for
CriminalIA  
#1055 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2022 2:16:52 PM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Originally Posted by: Dashyfor Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of packing…. Do we need the brown hiking boots? My bday is coming up, and I am thinking of practical things to ask for

The packing list that is on the new employee page of the FBI website is a good starting point. Boots are on that list.
Dashyfor  
#1056 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 11:43:43 AM(UTC)
Dashyfor

United States

The packing list that is on the new employee page of the FBI website is a good starting point. Boots are on that list.

Gotcha! Didn't know how updated that list was and if there were any changes.
thanks 1 user thanked Dashyfor for this useful post.
CriminalIA on 2/22/2022(UTC)
CriminalIA  
#1057 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2022 11:51:44 AM(UTC)
CriminalIA

United States

Gotcha! Didn't know how updated that list was and if there were any changes.

The closer you get to day 1, the more information you'll get... To include more info on what you may want to pack. The boots definitely stay on the list. :)
cellyszn37  
#1058 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2022 3:57:05 AM(UTC)
cellyszn37

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For anyone slated for the April class, I receieved an email stating it starts April 24th. I'm not sure if we're still reporting two weeks beforehand (the 10th) because of Covid protocols. I just remember Ms. Tamburrino saying 4/10. I asked HR at my local FO when I went on Thursday, but she said she didn't know. Just looking for insight so I can plan to give my job notice appropriately.

Maybe someone headed to Q tomorrow can chime in? Is the 27th the start of class, or the two week quarantine?

Thanks!
App: Sept 2018
P1: Dec 2018
P2: Dec 2018 (Pass Jan 2019)
P3: Sept 2019
CJO: Oct 2019
PSI/Poly/Prints: Nov 2019
Q: Apr 2022
cmar  
#1059 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2022 7:06:43 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Originally Posted by: cellyszn37 Go to Quoted Post
For anyone slated for the April class, I receieved an email stating it starts April 24th. I'm not sure if we're still reporting two weeks beforehand (the 10th) because of Covid protocols. I just remember Ms. Tamburrino saying 4/10. I asked HR at my local FO when I went on Thursday, but she said she didn't know. Just looking for insight so I can plan to give my job notice appropriately.

Maybe someone headed to Q tomorrow can chime in? Is the 27th the start of class, or the two week quarantine?

Thanks!

In my opinion the information we got was a little conflicting so I’m not sure at this moment if we’re actually quarantining (would love for others to chime in). She originally gave a date for us in January and that changed, so I’d figure the recent date you were given of 4/24 would be your report date, and that they wouldn’t just assume you’d know to show up two weeks prior to quarantine. Also, it seems NATs reported two weeks ago so maybe that is their report date. I would hold off on anything with work though anyway for another month.
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
cellyszn37 on 2/28/2022(UTC)
granite99  
#1060 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2022 11:35:23 AM(UTC)
granite99

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

How dO you apply for an IA position. I have yet to see an opening on FBIJOBS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed