Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

44 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LS96  
#141 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:20:31 PM(UTC)
LS96

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have big problem. I passed phase 1 today, but because of the holidays, I cannot take phase 2 within the time they are giving me (the 28th is the last day possible). I emailed asking if there is anything I can do to take the exam on time and not get my application suspended, but I don't think they'll help. I honestly would take it as early as tomorrow morning if possible, but there are no centers with that availability. Most of the allotted days, I will not be in the U.S., for a couple I'll be in another state ( but there aren't any centers open where I will be).

Also, I took phase 1 as early as they allowed me to ( i got the invite yesterday).

Should I just consider my application suspended for a year? Anyone have a similar experience with a possible solution?
CWilliams81  
#142 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:01:48 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LS96 Go to Quoted Post
I have big problem. I passed phase 1 today, but because of the holidays, I cannot take phase 2 within the time they are giving me (the 28th is the last day possible). I emailed asking if there is anything I can do to take the exam on time and not get my application suspended, but I don't think they'll help. I honestly would take it as early as tomorrow morning if possible, but there are no centers with that availability. Most of the allotted days, I will not be in the U.S., for a couple I'll be in another state ( but there aren't any centers open where I will be).

Also, I took phase 1 as early as they allowed me to ( i got the invite yesterday).

Should I just consider my application suspended for a year? Anyone have a similar experience with a possible solution?

I was having the same problem with my phase one. I emailed them Monday and haven’t heard back yet. It’s insane they don’t suspend the process over the holidays.
LS96  
#143 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:27:05 AM(UTC)
LS96

United States

Originally Posted by: CWilliams81 Go to Quoted Post

I was having the same problem with my phase one. I emailed them Monday and haven’t heard back yet. It’s insane they don’t suspend the process over the holidays.

Yes, exactly. Who did you email, the account they provided for questions or through your fbijobs page? I read in a thread from last year that someone contacted their FO about updates to the IA process, and actually got an answer. I wonder if that would actually work in this case (at least to see if they'd know a way out of this problem).

Also, out of curiosity, did they give you 10 days to complete the registration and take the exam or 14? The packet says up to 14 days, and since we are in the holiday season, 14 days makes sense. I was only given 10. At the very least they should add on a couple of days in place of those that are lost due to the testing sites being closed.
CWilliams81  
#144 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:18:15 AM(UTC)
CWilliams81

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Yes, exactly. Who did you email, the account they provided for questions or through your fbijobs page? I read in a thread from last year that someone contacted their FO about updates to the IA process, and actually got an answer. I wonder if that would actually work in this case (at least to see if they'd know a way out of this problem).

Also, out of curiosity, did they give you 10 days to complete the registration and take the exam or 14? The packet says up to 14 days, and since we are in the holiday season, 14 days makes sense. I was only given 10. At the very least they should add on a couple of days in place of those that are lost due to the testing sites being closed.

I emailed FBI_IASP@ic.fbi.gov. And yeah they gave me ten days to take it. I ended up scheduling it at a testing center in the city Im visiting for the holidays so it’s not a huge deal but still a pain to do over vacation. You should email the FO and see what they say. I feel like this process is much more automated and impersonal than the SA process so I wonder if the FO would even know who you are at this stage of the process. I had a real person to email in that process from day one. Good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked CWilliams81 for this useful post.
LS96 on 12/19/2018(UTC)
LS96  
#145 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:23:11 AM(UTC)
LS96

United States

I emailed FBI_IASP@ic.fbi.gov. And yeah they gave me ten days to take it. I ended up scheduling it at a testing center in the city Im visiting for the holidays so it’s not a huge deal but still a pain to do over vacation. You should email the FO and see what they say. I feel like this process is much more automated and impersonal than the SA process so I wonder if the FO would even know who you are at this stage of the process. I had a real person to email in that process from day one. Good luck.

I emailed them last night and called FBI headquarters this morning. They said it would take a couple of days for a response from the email which is the only point of contact for this issue but that they sent out a lot of invitations at this time so they're probably dealing with a lot of similar questions. If you get a response from the email, do you mind updating us on what they tell you because they seem to try to accommodate.
Dune-8  
#146 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:10:05 PM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Passed Phase 1!

Onward to Phase 2!
thanks 1 user thanked Dune-8 for this useful post.
Bruce on 12/19/2018(UTC)
Dune-8  
#147 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 10:22:24 AM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Quick question for those that have already taken Phase 2. Is the info all on screen, or did you receive anything on paper?

Info on Phase 2 is scarce and I want to prepare as best as I can, so any advice you feel comfortable sharing would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:40:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bruce  
#148 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:24:53 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dune26 Go to Quoted Post
Info on Phase 2 is scarce

Hey Dune,

I'm pretty sure that info on P2 is scarce for a reason and no one who took it will be able or willing to give you much insight. I can tell you that the instructions were clear to me, FWIW.

Beyond that, I don't know how much help there is to give.

I felt P2 was easier than P1, but I haven't received my pass/fail notification yet, so that remains to be proven.

Relax, manage your time, read the directions/instructions and you should be good.

Like you, I scour this website for any insight I can gain, but there is little to be had. Honestly, I think that is part of the design of how they are running these tests and if it helps shorten the process, I'm all for it.

Good luck!

thanks 1 user thanked Bruce for this useful post.
Dune-8 on 12/20/2018(UTC)
Dune-8  
#149 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:36:28 PM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Thanks, Bruce.

Yeah, that's what I've figured; it's a situation that is fair but tough.

I'm glad to hear though that the instructions in P2 were clear to you.

It's been a while since I've written under exam conditions, hence my nervousness. Back then, of course, I knew how those exams would be structured in terms of the number of questions, generally expected content, etc. If, anything, reading the official guidelines on P2 reminds me a lot of the GRE essay writing section. Obviously, I don't expect you - or anyone else - to confirm that hypothesis.

I'm looking forward to reading someday soon that you passed P2!
Bruce on 12/20/2018(UTC)
Bruce  
#150 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 4:04:57 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

You know, doing anything under a time constraint increases the stress associated with it. Take any normal task that takes 10 minutes and expect someone to do it in 3 for a grade and you get instant difficulty.

These tests have been nothing if not straightforward insofar as instructions go. The material contained within? Not so much....but that's not a big issue.

I monitor this forum to see how everyone else is progressing, but there are plenty of negative experiences on this site and I don't need extra stress to carry with me so I try not to dwell on peoples bad experiences with the interview, poly, etc...

Being a generally competitive person, I want to see everyone make it - so I never root against anyone especially based on anonymous forum discussions.

Hopefully we all end up together in the Academy at some point.

Edited for grammar and punctuation

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 4:06:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar and punctuation

TxShortie88 on 12/21/2018(UTC)
Varianz  
#151 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 8:57:38 AM(UTC)
Varianz

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Curious if a shutdown might have any impact on processing? I'm taking phase 2 tomorrow.
Bruce  
#152 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 2:21:32 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

I chose two different locations for each of my tests, and they were both contract locations. I would guess that their services are paid in advance and probably wouldn't be impacted by the govt shutdown.....but I'm no fiscal wonk.
mst2018  
#153 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 8:31:47 AM(UTC)
mst2018

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Couldn’t finish the last part of phase 2, I guess that’s it for me
Varianz  
#154 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:28:11 AM(UTC)
Varianz

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I don't feel confident about my Phase II work at all. I think they'd really make it better with an example in the packet.

Edited by user Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:34:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bruce  
#155 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:27:00 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Originally Posted by: mst2018 Go to Quoted Post
Couldn’t finish the last part of phase 2, I guess that’s it for me

Don't give up on yourself just yet. You may have provided them what they want, even if it was just 95% of what they wanted.

Bruce  
#156 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2018 12:31:07 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Originally Posted by: Varianz Go to Quoted Post
I think they'd really make it better with an example in the packet.

Agreed. Even if they provide a few links to excercises in which you read and extract specific things while preserving the integrity of the test, it would help.

I want to believe that I did well, but time will tell. No sense in stressing over the holidays about it, though.
Hampton121  
#157 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:15:16 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I guess this goodbye you guys i failed my phase 2 test so here's my final timeline

IA APP 8/28/18
Phase 1 12/1/18
Phase 2 12/4/18
Phase 2 results 12/26/18

✌ i wish u all the best of luck!
thanks 2 users thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
Bruce on 12/26/2018(UTC), mst2018 on 12/26/2018(UTC)
Bruce  
#158 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 1:36:19 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post

Tough break, man. Good luck on your future endeavors.

(Now you got me sweatig the results)
QuietTenacity on 12/27/2018(UTC)
Dune-8  
#159 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:10:55 PM(UTC)
Dune-8

United States

Originally Posted by: Varianz Go to Quoted Post
I don't feel confident about my Phase II work at all.

Me too. Just took the test today and didn't quite finish properly because of time constraints. That being said, apart from the end, I think I did a good job, so maybe that will count in my favor.

A major contributing factor was the venue desk setup wasn't great - who still uses desks with a lowered keyboard tray?! - which slowed my writing speed at times. Testing conditions were not helped by the lack of A/C in what was a cramped testing room with three other participants.

At this point, all I can do now is pray and hope for the best.

@Hampton121, really sorry to hear that you didn't succeed. :(

Edited by user Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:12:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added extra sentence

Bruce on 12/26/2018(UTC)
TxShortie88  
#160 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:23:20 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear this, Hampton. Can you take the test again next year?

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
I guess this goodbye you guys i failed my phase 2 test so here's my final timeline

IA APP 8/28/18
Phase 1 12/1/18
Phase 2 12/4/18
Phase 2 results 12/26/18

thanks 1 user thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
Bruce on 12/26/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed