Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccaforever  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 3:12:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 21 post(s)
M-01892 is giving CCA’s with 30 months relative standing as of 9/1 career status, either as full time regulars or PTF in smaller offices.
So what if you have 30 months relative standing as of 10/1/2018? In other words, from now on, will all CCA’s be converted to career status when they reached their 30 month relative standing?
Also, will a PTF carrier be able to go on eresasign and bid on an open full time position at a different office and be given preferential status over a CCA in that installation where the open route exists?
Razanur  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 3:19:01 PM(UTC)
Razanur

Man
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 44 post(s)
The MOU only does what it says and nothing more. However, at the recent National Convention, the NALC adopted a resolution that makes their official position at the bargaining table that their should be a clause in the contract limiting CCA time to 30 months (or less).
thanks 1 user thanked Razanur for this useful post.
ccaforever on 8/3/2018(UTC)
ccaforever  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 3:25:47 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Will these newly promoted PTFs be able to go on erareasign and be given an opportunity to become full time regulars in other offices?
CareerCarrierAspirations  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 3:51:11 PM(UTC)
CareerCarrierAspirations

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ccaforever Go to Quoted Post
Will these newly promoted PTFs be able to go on erareasign and be given an opportunity to become full time regulars in other offices?

I'd guess they probably will, but will now face competition from other newly converted PTF's in those same offices as they'd get priority (for their home office)

oldboy  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 4:05:20 PM(UTC)
oldboy

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CareerCarrierAspirations Go to Quoted Post

I'd guess they probably will, but will now face competition from other newly converted PTF's in those same offices as they'd get priority (for their home office)

If you read the transfer mou, no transfers are allowed if an office has unassigned or ptfs, so that squashes that.
thanks 1 user thanked oldboy for this useful post.
RodOrRob on 8/3/2018(UTC)
oldboy  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 4:10:41 PM(UTC)
oldboy

M-01892 is giving CCA’s with 30 months relative standing as of 9/1 career status, either as full time regulars or PTF in smaller offices.
So what if you have 30 months relative standing as of 10/1/2018? In other words, from now on, will all CCA’s be converted to career status when they reached their 30 month relative standing?
Also, will a PTF carrier be able to go on eresasign and bid on an open full time position at a different office and be given preferential status over a CCA in that installation where the open route exists?

Correction

As of 09/01/18 ccas who have 30 months will gain career status no later than 60 days from July 27th, which would be Sept 25th.

Note* may only be converted on a sat , so 09/22/18 will probably be the date, 50 days from now.
Hannah Blector  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 4:25:36 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 614 post(s)
If someone in a small office becomes a ptf and wants to go to a larger office as a regular, there may be possibilities. That is because by 30 months in larger offices the CCAs have quit or become regular anyway. I would suspect the 30-month CCAs are more in the smaller offices.

If you become a PTF and want a regular job somewhere, find out your rights and apply right away. You may be competing first-come, first-served with other new PTFs in the area around a larger office.

Any CCA who stayed in my office became regular. I don't know the exact numbers, but the average time as a CCA was maybe 6 to 9 months. A couple became regular almost immediately and few went past a year. The most likely outcome, of course, was that they did not stay. Even some of our new regulars left.

I would be curious how many CCAs made regular in this mass conversion and were in an office above level 20. I would expect it was a very small percentage.
shackmaster  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 4:59:26 PM(UTC)
shackmaster

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 127 post(s)
The reason for the mass conversion is that management was, once again, breaking the contract by having way more CCAs than allowed. So this is a one time thing and if you are one day over the agreed upon remedy you are out of luck.
CareerCarrierAspirations  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 5:02:58 PM(UTC)
CareerCarrierAspirations

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oldboy Go to Quoted Post

Correction

As of 09/01/18 ccas who have 30 months will gain career status no later than 60 days from July 27th, which would be Sept 25th.

Note* may only be converted on a sat , so 09/22/18 will probably be the date, 50 days from now.

The 22nd is in the middle of that pay period. The pay period would start on the 15th. So I'm guessing that might possibly be the date it starts, as the next pay period would start on the 29th, which is 4 days after the 60 day date (sept 25)
Hannah Blector  
#10 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 6:50:28 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post
If someone in a small office becomes a ptf and wants to go to a larger office as a regular, there may be possibilities. That is because by 30 months in larger offices the CCAs have quit or become regular anyway. I would suspect the 30-month CCAs are more in the smaller offices.

If you become a PTF and want a regular job somewhere, find out your rights and apply right away. You may be competing first-come, first-served with other new PTFs in the area around a larger office.

Any CCA who stayed in my office became regular. I don't know the exact numbers, but the average time as a CCA was maybe 6 to 9 months. A couple became regular almost immediately and few went past a year. The most likely outcome, of course, was that they did not stay. Even some of our new regulars left.

I would be curious how many CCAs made regular in this mass conversion and were in an office above level 20. I would expect it was a very small percentage.

By the time these new ptfs are eligible to transfer 12/18 months ( depending on same or adjacent district) more than likely they will be regulars.

Once again a PTF cannot transfer into an office that has ptfs .

Are there still special provisions for PTFs getting first shot at regular positions in other offices (I know, after PTFs there, but how many larger offices have any PTFs for long?)? Or did that end after the previous contract that included the ptf provisions? Did it just include those who were PTFs back then with no provisions for future ptfs?
colty31  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 7:40:42 PM(UTC)
colty31

United States

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm in a large office and this ruling will convert our Top 5.

Doesn't really effect us much though as they were set to get converted anyway (should of at least). I'll have 27.5 months as of 9/1/18.
Hannah Blector  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 8:00:13 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

There would be an argument for the USPS wanting to get the new PTFs out of small offices and into available regular positions in a larger office. It would be good for the USPS for a couple of reasons.
oldboy  
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 1:54:05 AM(UTC)
oldboy

By the time these new ptfs are eligible to transfer 12/18 months ( depending on same or adjacent district) more than likely they will be regulars.

Once again a PTF cannot transfer into an office that has ptfs .

Are there still special provisions for PTFs getting first shot at regular positions in other offices (I know, after PTFs there, but how many larger offices have any PTFs for long?)? Or did that end after the previous contract that included the ptf provisions? Did it just include those who were PTFs back then with no provisions for future ptfs?

See M-01876
oldboy  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 1:57:08 AM(UTC)
oldboy

There would be an argument for the USPS wanting to get the new PTFs out of small offices and into available regular positions in a larger office. It would be good for the USPS for a couple of reasons.

You know there are still ptfs in smaller offices who have decided to stay?

The same goes for former tes who are ccas.

This is a win win.
Hannah Blector  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 7:11:58 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

You know there are still ptfs in smaller offices who have decided to stay?

The same goes for former tes who are ccas.

This is a win win.

Yes. And agree.

It is a lot of benefits per hour the USPS pays when PTFs are not fully utilized. I worked with a clerk who spent decades working mostly 2 to 4 hours per week just for the benefits for the family. Then she came to our office to establish her high three. Lots of clerks loved those situations. There were many such clerks. A common trait was that the USPS could not get them to quit or move. Those clerks had a bird's nest on the ground. Now the rules have changed to prevent someone from working a few hours for decades and then transferring and having the same retirement as those who worked full time for 30 years. But benefits for working part time is still awesome and I know a lot of people who prefer that to working full time.
Hannah Blector  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 7:24:48 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

See M-01876

Thanks, oldboy.

"This agreement is effective from the date of signature until the effective date of the 2016
collective bargaining agreement unless extended by mutual agreement of the parties. However,
either party may terminate this agreement earlier by providing 30 days written notice to the other
party."

I figure some of the memo was incorporated in the new national agreement. Do you know if the PTF opportunities to go to a FTR elsewhere was addressed in the new contract? Or if the memo was extended?
oldboy  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 10:19:54 AM(UTC)
oldboy

See M-01876

Thanks, oldboy.

"This agreement is effective from the date of signature until the effective date of the 2016
collective bargaining agreement unless extended by mutual agreement of the parties. However,
either party may terminate this agreement earlier by providing 30 days written notice to the other
party."

I figure some of the memo was incorporated in the new national agreement. Do you know if the PTF opportunities to go to a FTR elsewhere was addressed in the new contract? Or if the memo was extended?

I'm not quite sure but expect a memo to come out soon because the old ptfs still have immunity if you will over the transfer ratios with retreat rights.

However the new ptfs still would have to wait at least 12/18 months to transfer depending on district.
Hannah Blector  
#18 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 10:59:44 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

"Approval of such requests will be made based
on the order the applications from part-time flexible city letter carriers are received and
will include reassignment requests from part-time flexible city letter carriers already
pending in eReassign as of the date of this agreement. Requests from part-time flexible
city letter carriers will be acted upon without regard to normal transfer considerations."

As I read this, I did wonder if "normal transfer considerations" included the 12/18 rule.
I know there are other normal transfer considerations.
Razanur  
#19 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 1:36:14 PM(UTC)
Razanur

Man
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 44 post(s)
See M-01876

Thanks, oldboy.

party."

The entire memo was incorporated into the new contract. It starts on page 159.
thanks 3 users thanked Razanur for this useful post.
oldboy on 8/4/2018(UTC), Hannah Blector on 8/4/2018(UTC), RodOrRob on 8/5/2018(UTC)
oldboy  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 7:24:45 PM(UTC)
oldboy

Originally Posted by: Razanur Go to Quoted Post
See M-01876

Thanks, oldboy.

party."

The entire memo was incorporated into the new contract. It starts on page 159.

Yep, there it is, PTFS on the rolls before 2016.
Thanks Razanur.
thanks 2 users thanked oldboy for this useful post.
RodOrRob on 8/5/2018(UTC), baxter0 on 8/5/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed