Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
federalemployee2013  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 8:34:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Is federal employee conference registration and travel limited to one conference per federal employee a year, if I want to see if my agency can cover the costs?

There are two conferences that would be extremely beneficial for my job, skills, knowledge, and training occurring within one month of each other. One would only require expenses for registration, not travel. The other would require expenses for registration as well as travel.

Is each employee only limited to one? In that case, could I pay for one entirely myself out of my pocket and ask my agency to cover expenses for the other conference's costs?
FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2018 1:35:57 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: federalemployee2013 Go to Quoted Post
Is federal employee conference registration and travel limited to one conference per federal employee a year, if I want to see if my agency can cover the costs?

There are two conferences that would be extremely beneficial for my job, skills, knowledge, and training occurring within one month of each other. One would only require expenses for registration, not travel. The other would require expenses for registration as well as travel.

Is each employee only limited to one? In that case, could I pay for one entirely myself out of my pocket and ask my agency to cover expenses for the other conference's costs?

Per your other posts you are quitting. Have you nothing better to do with your time than to post pointless posts?
GWPDA  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2018 2:24:46 PM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 357 post(s)
As always, the rules on attending conferences, the number and frequency of attendance vary by Agency - even by branch. Best you can do is consult with your supervisor to see how much and how many.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed