Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
michael scarn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:06:16 AM(UTC)
michael scarn

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello everyone. I recently got an offer for a contract position with the HHS. Just three weeks ago, I sent out my OF-306 and HHS-228 forms and they told me that I should be on the lookout for an email from DPSAC asking me to set up a fingerprints appointment and to complete the e-QUIP SF-85 form. They say that I have to wait about 3 more weeks till I receive an email from DPSAC and I am wondering how long does the SF-85 BI take to complete since I want to know when my tentative start date would be. Thanks!
dataminer-x  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 4:36:59 AM(UTC)
dataminer-x

United States

I think it's different for everyone. There's a timelines post in the New Hire forum.

I (HHS) had a Tentative Offer on 24 July, and had my fingerprints on 8 August with a Final Offer on 10 August.

This may be quicker than most because I had a recent investigation that they could use (within two years).

Good luck and be patient.
BackGdInvestigator  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 08, 2018 8:27:52 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 62 post(s)
The SF 85 form is very, very, basic and used for three types of investigations. You want to find out what type of investigation you will be going through. Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 4. Tier 1 and 2 are very quick unless you have something in your background that requires additional field work. Tier 4 requires field work, with a Subject interview, to be completed by a field investigator which a longer investigation.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed