Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
velcroTech  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:03:48 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Groups: Registered
Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anon967 Go to Quoted Post
I've been going through the clearance process for over a year now (13 months to be exact), and I recently received a call saying that I've been referred to a mission center and would receive information about my clearance and onboarding "soon". I haven't received any information yet, and it's been about two months since that call. Does anybody have any idea of what happens now and how long the wait might be?

Have you already completed the poly/medical?
GenX_OG  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:29:24 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yup, poly/medical completed last November, background investigation completed as well (not sure when exactly that was completed though).

When exactly did your background investigation start? I met with my investigator and started my background investigation in June 2017. As of last week, my status is still actively processing. I'm over 2 years in for the entire process (initially applied in July 2016) with everything except the background investigation completed. I've done BIs for other agencies with none of them ever taking over a year to be adjudicated, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long the BI for this agency takes? Rumor from a buddy of mine within the agency is that they are seriously backlogged on getting BIs adjudicated, but it seems like yours went pretty quick, assuming that your BI started immediately after you completed the poly like mine did.
thanks 1 user thanked GenX_OG for this useful post.
Dexter1 on 8/30/2018(UTC)
m630  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 4:49:30 AM(UTC)
m630

United States

I am in the exact same situation. Received a call almost 5 months ago now with my office assignment, expecting things to be wrapping up soon back then. I'm still "actively processing" with no new details, since my BI started this past January. Not sure where the BI actually stands at this point, if it's actually in adjudication or not. Hopefully we all get some good news soon!
GenX_OG  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 8:41:56 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Anyone else get the call from HR that they're turning over HR operations to a new contracting company? I got that call from HR last week and they informed me that a new company would be processing our applications, and I would have a new point of contact for all my questions and updates. I've got my fingers crossed that maybe this will mean the process is going to speed up a bit.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2018 9:00:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

country mouse  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:13:37 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 3 post(s)
GenX_OG, Yes, I received that phone call as well. Here's to hoping! My conditional offer was given December 16, 2016... Poly/testing was October 2017, investigator came out in November, medical results received in December, since then I've been actively processing. What a wait!
GenX_OG  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 1:20:32 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post
GenX_OG, Yes, I received that phone call as well. Here's to hoping! My conditional offer was given December 16, 2016... Poly/testing was October 2017, investigator came out in November, medical results received in December, since then I've been actively processing. What a wait!

They told me they were going to send out some info in the mail regarding the new HR information, which they were supposed to send out last week. But I haven't gotten anything yet. Did you receive any info on the new point of contact?
anon967  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 7:48:19 AM(UTC)
anon967

United States

Originally Posted by: GenX_OG Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else get the call from HR that they're turning over HR operations to a new contracting company? I got that call from HR last week and they informed me that a new company would be processing our applications, and I would have a new point of contact for all my questions and updates. I've got my fingers crossed that maybe this will mean the process is going to speed up a bit.

I haven't gotten a call about this. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news? But I also haven't really heard anything except that I'm still actively processing.
GenX_OG  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 7:59:14 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Quote:
I haven't gotten a call about this. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news? But I also haven't really heard anything except that I'm still actively processing.

You might want to call your old program officer and see if they have that information. I just got my new program officer contact info in the mail yesterday.

anon967  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:04:32 AM(UTC)
anon967

United States

Quote:

You might want to call your old program officer and see if they have that information. I just got my new program officer contact info in the mail yesterday.

I called my program officer yesterday to check on the status of my application, and they didn't mention anything about having changed my officer to someone else.
Hudson  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:36:22 AM(UTC)
Hudson

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Quote:

@GenX_OG Just curious, are you applying as a contractor or federal employee (blue badge)?
country mouse  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:01:04 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post

They told me they were going to send out some info in the mail regarding the new HR information, which they were supposed to send out last week. But I haven't gotten anything yet. Did you receive any info on the new point of contact?

Yes, I did get the envelope last week, it simply contained the business card for my new point of contact.

And in response to the question asked in a different reply, this is not a contract role.

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2018 9:06:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GenX_OG  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:59:28 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

Quote:
@GenX_OG Just curious, are you applying as a contractor or federal employee (blue badge)?

I applied as a federal employee.

Quote:
Yes, I did get the envelope last week, it simply contained the business card for my new point of contact.

I got the same. I was just getting a little concerned there for awhile because they had said they were going to send it out the next week, but it was actually about 4 weeks before I got it.

anon967  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:51:37 AM(UTC)
anon967

United States

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. It's been 16 months since my COE, and I was hoping things would be wrapping up soon since I was called and referred to a mission center 5 and a half months ago. This position is my dream job, but I'm obviously becoming a bit frustrated with the wait.

I've been offered a different position - abroad, for 6 months. This position also required a security clearance, but 'Secret' rather than 'TS/SCI.' I applied to this position about a month before applying to the agency position, so it's taken about a year for the secret clearance to be adjudicated. I'm wondering that if my application for my secret clearance was adjudicated if that means that my TS/SCI might be coming through soon.

Additionally, does anyone have experience going abroad during this wait and can give me some idea of what happens to your file/application? I'm very worried about jeopardizing my file to go abroad and losing my chance at a dream job. Any other advice is welcome!
country mouse  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:53:24 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Anon967,
I was given my COE 24 months ago. I'm told that I am still "actively processing" and that "that's a good thing" when I call the recruiting center. My advice: Take the job abroad, you've got another 8-10 months of waiting for the TS SCI position, from my perspective.
PERSEC  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:48:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. It's been 16 months since my COE, and I was hoping things would be wrapping up soon since I was called and referred to a mission center 5 and a half months ago. This position is my dream job, but I'm obviously becoming a bit frustrated with the wait.

I've been offered a different position - abroad, for 6 months. This position also required a security clearance, but 'Secret' rather than 'TS/SCI.' I applied to this position about a month before applying to the agency position, so it's taken about a year for the secret clearance to be adjudicated. I'm wondering that if my application for my secret clearance was adjudicated if that means that my TS/SCI might be coming through soon.

Additionally, does anyone have experience going abroad during this wait and can give me some idea of what happens to your file/application? I'm very worried about jeopardizing my file to go abroad and losing my chance at a dream job. Any other advice is welcome!

Once you go overseas your processing stops. They wont communicate with you outside the US. Just an FYI
en123  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:28:47 PM(UTC)
en123

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
anon967

If you gp abroad, you must notify them. The process would stop immediately.
ANN2010  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 6:37:39 PM(UTC)
ANN2010

Hi all, I stumbled upon this thread and thought someone may be able to help me. I have a similar timeline as anon and m630. I went through all of the testing, had my bi and was referred to a mission center. I was initially referred to a center in early spring this year and again in a follow up a few months later. But I haven't heard from anyone since the summer... nothing in the mail, no phone calls, no news at all good nor bad.

I've been attempting to reach out to my PO for an update but can't seem to get in contact with them, and when I call the main line no one ever picks up. I'm worried that I was in that batch mentioned above that was transferred over to a new company, but I never received any new contact information. What else can I do? I feel like I'm just sitting in limbo.
GenX_OG  
#18 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:13:18 AM(UTC)
GenX_OG

United States

So, I'm just wondering who all in this thread is still waiting for the FJO, or if anyone has finally gotten an EOD. As for me, I'm still waiting and getting the standard "actively processing" every time I call the PO. I'm getting ready to hit the 3 year mark in August. I keep thinking that I've got to be getting close to the end of this process. I guess knowing that someone else who's been in it approximately the same amount of time as me finally got "the call" would be somewhat reassuring.
country mouse  
#19 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:37:40 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

I'm still waiting for an EOD. It's been 2 and a 1/2 years for me. In December I will hit my 3 year mark. Good luck to you.
thanks 1 user thanked country mouse for this useful post.
GenX_OG on 5/4/2019(UTC)
Dexter1  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:15:01 PM(UTC)
Dexter1

United States

3 years for me since COE this coming July. 17 months since BI.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed