Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kay.Kay  
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 1:54:19 PM(UTC)
Kay.Kay

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I heard they are starting to call. I have an interview next week. Not celebrating until i have an actually first day in the office lol. Government is slow!
Natie  
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:57:55 PM(UTC)
Natie

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
@ Kay.Kay so you applied for the Honors and Collegiate? And you have interviews scheduled for both next week? Very impressive, you must have an outstanding resume.
cvd1996  
#23 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2018 11:53:57 AM(UTC)
cvd1996

My application status have not changed yet. Hope we can hear back soon. Good luck!
cvd1996  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:37:36 AM(UTC)
cvd1996

Today I talked to a HR of my FO. She told me that right now they are going through the interns application. Also, indicated that I should not expect anything until January or so. I guess it varies per FO. Hope this was helpful.
Hampton121  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 6:42:22 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cvd1996 Go to Quoted Post
Today I talked to a HR of my FO. She told me that right now they are going through the interns application. Also, indicated that I should not expect anything until January or so. I guess it varies per FO. Hope this was helpful.

So did Kay.Kay get lucky then if HR said that they aren't reviewing applications until they done with the interns?

reylaws  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 3:21:23 PM(UTC)
reylaws

United States

I haven't heard anything, that's for sure. Hope that they get around to the rest of us soon :(
Hampton121  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:21:54 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

One of the field offices that I talked to yesterday that I chose said headquarters said that they will be sending out interview emails and phone interviews by the end of November. So just keep checking your email you guys n hopefully we all hear something back!
futurefbiagent2018  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:43:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wbee Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: canquillo09 Go to Quoted Post
wbee: I did not hear back at all from them. My application still says 'Under Review'. Also I did not submit my transcripts and my 'federal resume'. I did not read carefully lol... Anyways I would not have been able to work if I was selected since I graduated a bit more later. My anticipated grad date is May 2019 but I was aiming to graduate in May 2018. However I did not graduate in May 2018, I was able to graduate in August a few months ago.

All I saw was "Federal Resume". I didn't put my resume in any special format. I didn't even think about there being a preferred resume format. Ugh. Hope that wont automatically throw me out of the running. Hope you guys get some feedback this time around.

If you create a USAJOBS account, it will guide you through creating a federal resume. If you want to get into the federal gov, I highly suggest you create a profile and resume there. They also understand that you're a recent college graduate. I am not sure that there is "mandated" resume for this type of job anyway. They do not indicate a format in the job listing either. I would not sweat it. If you don't get picked up this time around, just continue to apply to other entry level positions. Also, check out USAJOBS and browse through "Student & recent graduates" job opportunities. We all start somewhere.
QuietTenacity  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:54:29 PM(UTC)
QuietTenacity

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wbee Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: canquillo09 Go to Quoted Post
wbee: I did not hear back at all from them. My application still says 'Under Review'. Also I did not submit my transcripts and my 'federal resume'. I did not read carefully lol... Anyways I would not have been able to work if I was selected since I graduated a bit more later. My anticipated grad date is May 2019 but I was aiming to graduate in May 2018. However I did not graduate in May 2018, I was able to graduate in August a few months ago.

All I saw was "Federal Resume". I didn't put my resume in any special format. I didn't even think about there being a preferred resume format. Ugh. Hope that wont automatically throw me out of the running. Hope you guys get some feedback this time around.

There's a federal resume template on the website, here's the link for future reference. Hopefully it won't count against you though.

https://www.fbijobs.gov/...king-at-FBI/how-to-apply
Edited to add this tip: Click on the "documents for application" tab

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 5:56:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: To add more info

Hampton121  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 5:38:58 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

I think whoever the first person that hears something back about they got a phone call or email for an interview should update us on here so we know to start checking our emails

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2018 4:32:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
reylaws on 11/15/2018(UTC)
cvd1996  
#31 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2018 11:18:57 AM(UTC)
cvd1996

Still have not heard anything back. If someone receives a phone call or an e-mail, please let us know through here so we know what to expect. Thanks in advance! Good luck!
Hampton121  
#32 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 9:19:39 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

I haven't heard anything back either. When do yall think they will start calling us CHI people?
Lassie97  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:15:38 AM(UTC)
Lassie97

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
I haven't heard anything back either. When do yall think they will start calling us CHI people?

I have not heard anything back either. I was under the impression that they would start to send out emails and calls at the end of November. I know they have already started contacting the Honors Internship as of 3 weeks ago.
reylaws  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:32:58 PM(UTC)
reylaws

United States

Originally Posted by: Lassie97 Go to Quoted Post

I have not heard anything back either. I was under the impression that they would start to send out emails and calls at the end of November. I know they have already started contacting the Honors Internship as of 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, apparently calls/emails are supposed to come after Thanksgiving but more likely in the beginning of December. I haven't heard anything back yet at least, but fingers crossed they'll start putting interview invitations out soon!

We're all college grads here--what did all of you decide to major in? I'm Digital Media (Game Development) plus Criminal Justice from a different college, and I'm wondering what everyone else has done for this.
TSM.Umbra  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:38:43 PM(UTC)
TSM.Umbra

United States

Had my application updated twice. The first time was on Oct. 29th and it said "contact your recruiter" (Had no clue what they meant by that because I didn't have one). I emailed them, never got an email back, and then my application was updated again. The second time, it updated back to "application under review" on Oct 31st. Haven't heard anything since. I did a double major. A degree in Sociology with a concentration in Criminology/Criminal Justice, and a second degree in Political Science.
Hampton121  
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:06:56 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

I got my degree in criminal justice now I'm in a master's program to get my MPA
Niaj  
#37 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 7:37:38 PM(UTC)
Niaj

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I got my degree in criminal justice now I'm in a master's program to get my MPA

Oh wow, im similar undergrad was Pol Science and now I'm completing my MPA. What school if you dont mind me asking?

I applied to IA the same time as CHI. I just got a seat in phase one for IA.
IA App - 9/27/18
Phase I - 11/26/18 (12/6/18)
Phase II - 12/6/18 (12/13/18)
Hampton121  
#38 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 2:48:55 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

I got my undergrad at HamptonU n my masters Grand Canyon university
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
Ss21 on 12/9/2018(UTC)
mst2018  
#39 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 4:50:25 PM(UTC)
mst2018

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Hampton121  
#40 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:16:50 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Nope
Rss Feed  Atom Feed