Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hannah Blector  
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:51:35 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 681 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oldboy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post
Maybe the problem is an employer creating a situation in which employees are confronted with a PR stunt that has nothing to do with their job skills or work? Yes, the employer is the boss. But why should anything go just to satisfy the emotions of some boss? There are things I would not do for an employer. And if they would punish me, that is their business. Since the context here is a show of patriotism, how silly is it that a person feels the need to get in a big group and prove they are more patriotic than someone else? And if they do, why do they have to play a football game at that time? Maybe taxpayers can all be forced to pay millions in tax dollars to have a big parade to make someone who avoided military service look tough? I better stop. I am visualizing a lot of scenes from a lot of countries. Why do I keep seeing men with bad haircuts in them?

So you keep bringing up draft Dodgers, are you targeting all 60,000 who draft dodged, and the 30 000 that fled to Canada?
Or are you just targeting the president again?

I respect the decisions of others, even if I don't agree with them. My dad respected the guy who went to prison because he stood up for what he believed. He was a strong person.

What I disrespect are hypocrites, be it the politician or preacher who does not live as he is paid to proclaim others should live (like the family values politician doing the boys in a motel room). ANYONE who avoided the draft and owns that decision is far different from ANYONE who did so and then tries to project military toughness or love for the military.

And I have way more disrespect for people who steal through bankruptcies and not paying workers. I have had two very wealthy persons do that to me. I don't know their stand on the draft because that would be a minor thing to me, especially when compared to being a thief.

You can insert whatever name you want because I feel the same way about anyone I have described. Mine is a moral stand, not a political one. And, fwiw, I am very conservative.
IACCA  
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:04:38 PM(UTC)
IACCA

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bobbob1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Postaldude82 Go to Quoted Post
Im not a trump supporter but I think he is a damn joke. Why dont he enlist in service before he says he has sacrificed everything. He hasnt sacrificed jack. I wont be buying anymore nike products after this either.

i dont care about nike or football, but he did sacrifice a lot... unless you dont think a football career (and millions of dollars) a lot.

what I do love is how angry trumpeters like craig are.

To play devil's advocate here, he turned down a contract and nobody else wanted to give him what he wanted. He turned down offers so he is out of the league. His sacrifice's or what he considers a sacrifice were self induced. He had more than one opportunity to sign with a team and compete for a job but he decided it wasn't enough money or guarantees. However, he is making millions off of Nike now so it doesn't matter. Even a poll that Nike put out shows that their intent was to increase sales wit the 16-29 aged male market, and that this campaign was worth losing out on the other groups that would leave Nike to increase this age group's business. There was no sacrifice on anyone's part here...
"No excuses... Do the work"
thanks 1 user thanked IACCA for this useful post.
oldboy on 9/13/2018(UTC)
Mamha  
#43 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 3:20:40 AM(UTC)
Mamha

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Why do white folks always feel the need to try and dictate what black people should or should not get mad about.

Edited by user Friday, September 14, 2018 3:21:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hannah Blector  
#44 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 3:44:50 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1040 time(s) in 681 post(s)
Those making hay by stirring stuff up probably drown out the fact that people of all colors are upset about the same things. And one of those things is the stirring up of things for self-enrichment.
MPE2009  
#45 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 4:01:18 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 326 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mamha Go to Quoted Post
Why do white folks always feel the need to try and dictate what black people should or should not get mad about.

White folks have the same right to have opinions on issues which upset black people or any other people for that matter. It would however be more useful if all the different people would take the time to actually discuss the issues which cause the animosity, even the small things. It might even be nice if we could start by working on lessening the impact and fixing many of the small things first. But having been the minority in both an overseas locations and stateside locations, I found most people to be blinded by some level of prejudice regardless of color, education or financial status. If only we could get rid of that ridiculous swear word where we call anyone who demonstrates any level of prejudice a racist. Prejudiced, yes we all are to one degree or another. Racist is a different animal and improperly applied 99% of the time.
thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
oldboy on 9/14/2018(UTC)
RodOrRob  
#46 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 4:02:10 AM(UTC)
RodOrRob

Was thanked: 1083 time(s) in 778 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IACCA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: bobbob1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Postaldude82 Go to Quoted Post
Im not a trump supporter but I think he is a damn joke. Why dont he enlist in service before he says he has sacrificed everything. He hasnt sacrificed jack. I wont be buying anymore nike products after this either.

i dont care about nike or football, but he did sacrifice a lot... unless you dont think a football career (and millions of dollars) a lot.

what I do love is how angry trumpeters like craig are.

To play devil's advocate here, he turned down a contract and nobody else wanted to give him what he wanted. He turned down offers so he is out of the league. His sacrifice's or what he considers a sacrifice were self induced. He had more than one opportunity to sign with a team and compete for a job but he decided it wasn't enough money or guarantees. However, he is making millions off of Nike now so it doesn't matter. Even a poll that Nike put out shows that their intent was to increase sales wit the 16-29 aged male market, and that this campaign was worth losing out on the other groups that would leave Nike to increase this age group's business. There was no sacrifice on anyone's part here...

And when his case against the NFL where the owners colluded to keep him out of the league goes to trial, and he wins...then what you said will be???

You can't speculate that he didn't get what he wanted, when it's possible there was no "getting" to be had.

...Time will tell.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed