Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankgonzalez  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:53:20 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1208 time(s) in 965 post(s)
Originally Posted by: VTS Go to Quoted Post
I had a phone interview with FDA panel on August 17. My three references let me know that they were contacted and talked to FDA on August 24-30, except one of my previous Supervisor whom I couldn’t reach him due to his relocation . I emailed the FDA contact person with my previous Supervisor’s cell phone number. However, there is no response back. When I first heard that the FDA contacted my references, I was glad and thought that I was on the way to be hired. However, I’ve never heard anything back from the FDA. Today is a month from the day I had an interview. Do I still have a chance to be hired? What should I do?
Forget about the job. I don't mean that it is not going to happen, but worrying about it isn't worth the stress.

The hiring process is:
Apply...then forget about it.

Get referred. Smile, be happy...then forget about it.

Get called for an interview. Prep for the interview, do your best...then forget about it.

This is how you avoid stress related issues from the hiring process as an applicant.

Once HR has the package from the selecting official, they will clear any stopper lists and THEN they will reach out with a conditional job offer. THEN you start to stay on top of things until you get the final offer, and then when you get your Enter on Duty (EOD) date, and actually on-board.

Edited by user Monday, September 17, 2018 9:53:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typos

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
VTS  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 1:58:10 PM(UTC)
VTS

United States

Thank you, @frankgonzales! How long does it normally take to hear the result? Should I contact the contact person who contacted me for the interview?
nembamike  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:54:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 200 post(s)
In the government there is no "normal" with regard to hiring. There are plenty of posts about hiring timelines people have experienced. Sometime it goes quickly and other times it takes weeks, months, etc. Move on and good luck.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
HR Bubba on 9/18/2018(UTC)
frankgonzalez  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:21:04 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Originally Posted by: VTS Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, @frankgonzales! How long does it normally take to hear the result? Should I contact the contact person who contacted me for the interview?
What part of forget about the interview wasn't clear? They will contact you. Bugging them does not speed up the process. And bugging HR could mean you annoy them, and so you become less of a priority to them (if you are the selectee).

Relax...unless you are unemployed and really need the job...then you need to put that energy into applying for other positions. Until you are actually sitting in the seat, anything can happen to cancel the selection. So...apply, apply , apply.

thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
HR Bubba on 9/18/2018(UTC)
lp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 2:21:55 AM(UTC)
lp

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
@frankgonzales, what are stopper lists? Can you give examples of stopper lists?
frankgonzalez  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 3:42:36 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Originally Posted by: lp Go to Quoted Post
@frankgonzales, what are stopper lists? Can you give examples of stopper lists?
Let's see...Priority Placement Program (PPP), ICTAP, those who were RIFfed, and so on. On top of that, if vet preference applies, and there was a qualified veteran, justification is needed to bypass. HR is supposed to be clearing these situations prior to the offer.

Typically they check prior to issuing the certificate of eligibles to the hiring manager, and then they just have to do a quick double check nothing has changed between the issuing of the cert and the selection (especially if the hiring manager has sat on the cert until the last possible moment before it expires!).

Rss Feed  Atom Feed