Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Metalhed  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 12:36:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Greetings Wondering if anyone has anything that is concrete or found in regulation or policy/law that spells out if federal Supervisors or managers can be tracked with any form of time clock tracking.

asking for a friend-- heard that a group of federal managers is being held to a time clock standard for time accounting.
specifically using records (entry and exit times) to see if supervisors work their full day.

heard that FLSA indicates that supervisors and managers are quasi salary employees and that hours of work don't generally apply.

any helps is appreciated
thanks
FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:27:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 75 post(s)
You can tell your friend that unless he or she is that person's supervisor, it's none of their concern or their business to track another person's time.

For starters when someone comes into or out of a building does not indicate anything. People have duties outside of their work place for a variety of reasons that may require them to leave early or come in late. They may have taken annual time and left early.

Second, swipe ins/outs at the front door or entrance is never used for the purpose of tracking employees but for the purpose of investigating incidents if anything happens. Supervisors have come to me asking to check on their employees time in and out since I handle access control and I never provide that information. If you want to keep track of your employee's time have them sign a book or install a timeclock.

Tic3  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 6:26:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FatHappyCat Go to Quoted Post
You can tell your friend that unless he or she is that person's supervisor, it's none of their concern or their business to track another person's time.

This. x 1,000.

GWPDA  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:06:26 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 427 time(s) in 357 post(s)
The day that 'time tracking' becomes a valid form of assessment of anything at all is the day that I get paid time off for every time I've woken up at 1am with the complete solution to a problem. I'll get to put that on my time card in lieu of 'LA" or "LS". Maybe "URKA"....
Rss Feed  Atom Feed