Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cherihof  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:44:17 AM(UTC)
Cherihof

Groups: Registered

I've been a PSE for a whole four days now and this is the second time I've had issues with my supervisor. She is absolutely horrible and everybody who works for her is afraid of her. When she gets stressed she takes it out on everyone around her. She's condescending and rude. I can't believe that this is the culture that is encouraged and expected in the post office as a whole. Because I've only been there a week now I'm not sure who to talk to about this and I don't want to quit but I'm not sure I can work under these condition. Has anyone had this same problem and if so what did you do.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:54:27 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 851 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cherihof Go to Quoted Post
I've been a PSE for a whole four days now and this is the second time I've had issues with my supervisor. She is absolutely horrible and everybody who works for her is afraid of her. When she gets stressed she takes it out on everyone around her. She's condescending and rude. I can't believe that this is the culture that is encouraged and expected in the post office as a whole. Because I've only been there a week now I'm not sure who to talk to about this and I don't want to quit but I'm not sure I can work under these condition. Has anyone had this same problem and if so what did you do.
I'm guessing you work for the USPS, and if so, perhaps posting this in the forum for Postal Employees (https://forum.federalsoup.com/de...t.aspx?g=topics&f=21) would get you more and better responses than the area for general questions about Fed Soup.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Cherihof  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:04:53 AM(UTC)
Cherihof

Thank you
futurefbiagent2018  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 4:22:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cherihof Go to Quoted Post

It is the real world. Friends promote friends in the workplace whether you are federal or not. It is unfortunate but thats just how it is even though 90% of the time, these friends have zero experience in the position they are applying for, lack managerial experience and talent (because you do need to have some type of talent to manage people and be likable), unmatched personalities for the job of manager/supervisor, militaristic in management style and leadership with people who have never been in the military, friendly to favorites in the office, and the list goes on and on.

The fed gov in general has policies against favoritism, nepotism, and cronyism but many agencies operate under these prohibited things.

These people just make the workplace toxic and awkward.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed