Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roman97  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:51:43 PM(UTC)
Roman97

Groups: Registered
United States

I’ve applied for the contact representative position for IRS and did the assessment, got a SUPERIOR grade, got referred then now selected. I just did my background check and fingerprinting. What’s the next step? Do I wait for a letter? I still haven’t gotten an interview yet.
Sunandseashells  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 2:35:35 AM(UTC)

I went for my fingerprints and photos on September 24th and when I was finished, the woman who did my paperwork said “see you on the 15th”. She said there would be an email coming with the information but I haven’t received anything yet.

October 15th was the projected start date in the job announcement but I’m starting to wonder if they will have to pu***** back or if we’ll all just get the email with only a day or two of notice. It’s cutting it close for giving notice and wrapping things up at my current job.

What location did you apply for and what start date did they tell you?
Roman97  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 7:46:32 AM(UTC)
Roman97

United States

That’s great. Maybe you should email them in your concerning. You don’t want to be unprepared, ya know.

But they haven’t told me a start date yet but on the announcement it says the anticipated start date is November 2018. The lady that did my background check stated that an HR will contact me next but I’m wondering when. I’m tired of worrying lol.
Anon E Mous  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:46:58 AM(UTC)
Anon E Mous

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not sure exactly what service center you applied to but the Atlanta service center the "new" date for new hires to start changed from Oct 15th to Oct 29th - get used to change- by the minute, hour, or daily.
Anon E Mous  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 11:49:07 AM(UTC)
Anon E Mous

United States

PS you will not get an interview. They don't interview new hires anymore. Yes I work here.
thanks 1 user thanked Anon E Mous for this useful post.
kippz on 12/18/2018(UTC)
Sunandseashells  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 12:30:04 PM(UTC)

Anon E Mous-Thank you for the update to the start date. I feel better now about not receiving the email yet.
You’re in Chamblee? How is the work atmosphere? Anything you wish you knew before you had accepted the job?
AZcactus42  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 3:37:48 PM(UTC)
AZcactus42

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
What IRS job is this for?
Anon E Mous  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2018 4:44:06 PM(UTC)
Anon E Mous

United States

Sunandseashells no problem. Would hate for you to quit your job and then not have income coming in for that time frame. Rumor is (and there are always many) that they did not get enough new hires- so those that were not initially contacted or rated CAT B are now being contacted. Also there may not be enough applicants since they only kept the announcement open for one week- they may reopen the announcement. Hopefully the start date will not change but it was an early start date anyway. I started many moons ago in Nov as well. Work atmosphere decent, I have been at jobs that were much worse. You will probably gain weight- sitting all day has that effect and we like to eat.
Cedars0327  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:52:22 AM(UTC)
Cedars0327

When I first began 3 years ago my on boarding kept me guessing almost until my start date. I initially received my rating, then I was asked to do an interview(our site has also made interviews “not required” now). About 1 1/2-2 weeks later I was asked to do fingerprinting/picture. Then less than a week before my start date I was finally sent a letter with my official start date and time. And finally about 2-3 weeks after being in training I was sent a request to fill out my background check (SF-86).

My site tentatively has approx 107 new hires, the start date here is definitely 10/29/2018. I’m not sure about our sites.
Sunandseashells  
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 12:46:08 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Hopefully they don’t pu***** back any further but I know how these things work with the government and patience is required.
Hired 2015  
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2018 1:31:20 PM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
When I started I didn't see the FO that ended up in the spam folder for several days and almost missed the deadline. Someone gave me very good advise when I first started to expect no word until there is word. That has helped me alot to stay grounded. I've known lots of people that gave little or no notice including licensed professionals when they got government jobs at the local, state and federal levels. When I was hired too many years ago in a local government job I was notified at 2pm on a Friday to report at 8am on Monday. The job paid twice what I was making so I told my boss to match the offer or I'd quit. I reported on that Monday to a new job that gave me lots of experience and moved on when I got a better offer. Believe in yourself, that is what my boss said when I quit to take that local government job. That too was very good advise.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:34:06 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 179 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cedars0327 Go to Quoted Post
When I first began 3 years ago my on boarding kept me guessing almost until my start date. I initially received my rating, then I was asked to do an interview(our site has also made interviews “not required” now). About 1 1/2-2 weeks later I was asked to do fingerprinting/picture. Then less than a week before my start date I was finally sent a letter with my official start date and time. And finally about 2-3 weeks after being in training I was sent a request to fill out my background check (SF-86).

My site tentatively has approx 107 new hires, the start date here is definitely 10/29/2018. I’m not sure about our sites.

End of October for Cleveland. I'm not sure if we got our max or not. We're still re-running all the instructors through CITC refresher. The last we heard the infamous "Agreed Balance Due" is returning from the grave at Cleveland for our lot of new hires after two years of training people only on ASG212.
Roman97  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:20:44 AM(UTC)
Roman97

United States

Thanks for all of the inputs and replies. Mine says my anticipated start date is November 2018 for Covington, KY. I’m not sure if they’ll call, send an email or send out a letter. I’m tired of worrying so much and I have that impatient characteristic in me.
Sunandseashells  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:17:48 AM(UTC)

Final offer came in an email this morning so to everyone still waiting, go check!
CPAHopefull  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 3:30:42 AM(UTC)
CPAHopefull

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I received mine this morning as well. Looks like the start date is still Oct. 29 unless something changes.

Of course, should my Mega Millions ticket be the winning ticket tonight by some chance, my plans might change as well - lol.
Roman97  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:49:59 AM(UTC)
Roman97

United States

Congratulations on you both. I just received my firm offer via email but still didn’t receive a start date.
KC Q  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:59:29 AM(UTC)
KC Q

United States

I received mine this morning too. Congratulations to everyone!

Edited by user Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:13:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Roman97  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:13:26 AM(UTC)
Roman97

United States

Thanks you too!

Actually it does indicate my start date in the firm letter which is November 26th.
CPAHopefull  
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:24:59 AM(UTC)
CPAHopefull

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
One thing I noticed on the firm letter - for Atlanta, we have to fill out our state withholding separately and send that to the HR contact listed at the end of the letter. I guess they don't have a way to include that on the forms we fill out on career connect through the onboarding button.

Those in other areas may want to check their letters for that as well. The federal withholding form was included in the paperwork they had us fill out online - just not the state.
thanks 1 user thanked CPAHopefull for this useful post.
KC Q on 10/18/2018(UTC)
KC Q  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:21:08 AM(UTC)
KC Q

United States

It says the same in mine, but there's no contact information included. I can no longer upload forms either.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed