Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mc777  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:38:48 PM(UTC)
Mc777

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I’ll put my 2 cents in because I care about of future of employment here. Starters postal reform to innovate new ideas, cut all upper management ( let the postmasters and field supervisors do there jobs ), make it a priority to fire all people that keep stealing craft or management, raise the rates on fedex and usp ground shipments , also keep stamps at 50 cents but get rid of discounts they give for metered mail and all the other non sense, raise the rate of periodicals and standard magazines to at least wash rate vs a lose rate, modernizen postal offices to have banking and notaries with 24 lobby’s for selfkiosk, bigger trucks for more e-commerce packages, make collection boxes bigger for package drop offs and pick ups, and these are just a list of a few ideas...but all these ideas require more revenue, and reform which seems to be *****ing impossible. I would really like to make another 28 years and beyond. All I can really say is every employee should be making their voices heard.
thanks 1 user thanked Mc777 for this useful post.
jazzyeng on 10/12/2018(UTC)
postalvet  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:55:53 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2726 time(s) in 2128 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mc777 Go to Quoted Post
I’ll put my 2 cents in because I care about of future of employment here. Starters postal reform to innovate new ideas, cut all upper management ( let the postmasters and field supervisors do there jobs ), make it a priority to fire all people that keep stealing craft or management, raise the rates on fedex and usp ground shipments , also keep stamps at 50 cents but get rid of discounts they give for metered mail and all the other non sense, raise the rate of periodicals and standard magazines to at least wash rate vs a lose rate, modernizen postal offices to have banking and notaries with 24 lobby’s for selfkiosk, bigger trucks for more e-commerce packages, make collection boxes bigger for package drop offs and pick ups, and these are just a list of a few ideas...but all these ideas require more revenue, and reform which seems to be *****ing impossible. I would really like to make another 28 years and beyond. All I can really say is every employee should be making their voices heard.

postal workers with a few years employment do not see the big picture. management is required to submit records to the board of governors and the postal regulatory commission and this takes over head. the post office being a government agency is not permitted to go into the things you state above.

back in the 80's management tried to develop pack and ship (you bring an unwrapped item and we boxed it up and shipped it) our competitors filed complaints with the regulatory commission and this service was ended.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
roger.d  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 7:31:56 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 611 time(s) in 467 post(s)
All I can really say is every employee should be making their voices heard.

If 1/4 of the employees would make a call to their 3 Congressional representatives every month.

If 1 additional family member would make a call every month.

The 2 big items right now are S Res 633 and H Res 993

https://www.nalc.org/gov...ed-on-usps-privatization
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
bobbob1  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:36:25 PM(UTC)
bobbob1

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps they should start looking into cost cutting as well. Our work force could totally be leaned out. Not carriers as much as the other crafts....custodians and drivers. Custodians could easily be contracted out like most companies do. Drivers? Again, contracted out. Our financials suck and big changes will be needed to fix this sinking ship. They don’t even have the money to modernize and get ahead of the game. Something needs to happen, one way or the other. Lately with how insanely jacked up our mail has been coming from the plant I would say they could need some house cleaning too. It’s like they don’t even try to do their job well. Terrible!

I personally think they should contract your specific job out.
Mamha  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:10:31 PM(UTC)
Mamha

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Perhaps they should start looking into cost cutting as well. Our work force could totally be leaned out. Not carriers as much as the other crafts....custodians and drivers. Custodians could easily be contracted out like most companies do. Drivers? Again, contracted out. Our financials suck and big changes will be needed to fix this sinking ship. They don’t even have the money to modernize and get ahead of the game. Something needs to happen, one way or the other. Lately with how insanely jacked up our mail has been coming from the plant I would say they could need some house cleaning too. It’s like they don’t even try to do their job well. Terrible!

Yeab you're definitely a new carrier or not a postal worker if you don't even understand how mail is processed from the plants.
JustSomebody  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 11:14:20 PM(UTC)
JustSomebody

So, it's considered normal for management to get bonuses when the company they work for is supposedly going down the financial crapper??

How about starting with that, first. They need to lead by example, after all. Otherwise, they can kindly STFU. :)

Anyway, I can only speak for my lowly P&DC, but in the past year or so, the mailhandler workforce there is *down* about 10%, mainly through attrition. And that number is *net*... Which includes transfers & trickled-out conversions.

They're trying to do more, with less. Plain & simple. And you know what that gets you? Way more forced overtime, way more pissed-off mailhandlers, way more accidents, things not being done on time -- and, you guessed it: More jacked-up mail.

Go figure, that last one, eh? ;)
John Henry  
#27 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 4:28:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 113 post(s)

You can forget about the package drop off in blue boxes. The doors have been welded shut leaving a narrow slot for two reasons. Thieves reaching in to steal letters hoping to still find checks and get identity information and Homeland Security kicking back any large piece that they can't track to a computer or a window clerk with security cameras. As it is the first place for Postal Inspectors and the FBI to look should an airliner blow up.
Hannah Blector  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:17:01 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1026 time(s) in 669 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bobbob1 Go to Quoted Post

I personally think they should contract your specific job out.

craigh13, either you have never been an APWU employee and don't know how sensitive many of their members are about comparisons to other crafts and the private sector or you are well aware and know how to troll them.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed