Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LieutenantBlantyre  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:15:42 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 115 post(s)
At last check Hurricane Michael is stuck in the Atlanta area. It is decreasing in power but still making a mess. I didn't fiddle with the hotline to see if the Atlanta campus is up for Friday or not but I feel doubtful. That's still a matter for the SCRs to handle.

Please pray for our colleagues there as well as all the Field Assistance personnel in the path of the storm as well as other divisions caught in the mix. We are not out of the woods yet on hurricane season yet. Hopefully this thing sticks to the expected flight path & doesn't make any unexpected turns.

I also ask for prayers for all of us staffing the TAC Appointment Hotline across ENTERPRISE. Callers are going to be insane. Even though a hurricane is rumbling through the area, more than a few callers are likely going to be incensed that they could not get their precious Tax Return Transcripts due to closed offices. The last banners update I saw before the end of my day showed multiple offices closed for the remainder of the week. I suppose I should feel bad that some people might miss out on college due to not securing these transcripts from us in time but preserving the safety & security of our staff comes first.

I don't even want to know the odds for when we go AHOD tomorrow on anything. As long as we avoid doing so at opening, we'll be having a relatively relaxed day.

Stay safe, comrades.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 7:16:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

oldindigo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:16:11 PM(UTC)
oldindigo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Appreciate the sentiment LtB, but it really was not as bad as predicted. The storm passed far to our south, below Macon, actually like 75 miles away. A good bit of rain and breezy on Campus late afternoon through midnight, but nothing more than the average summer thunder boomers. A bit of a hairy drive out on 285 with the big trucks blasting through mist and big puddles, but again, not that unusual. Again, thanks to all for all the T & P, but there are a great many people a lot worse off. Lets get the rest of those barrels of food filled up and on thw way to those in need!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed