Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Postalcarrier2018  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:41:20 PM(UTC)
Postalcarrier2018

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The U.S. Postal Service has proposed a 9 to 12 percent increase to the shipping service used by Amazon.com.

The parcel select service, which is also used by United Parcel Service and FedEx, is the last and typically the most expensive step in the shipping process that gets the packages to customers' doorsteps.

The USPS proposed a 9.3 percent increase on this service for packages weighing over one pound and a 12.3 percent increase to lighter packages.

The U.S. Postal Service has proposed a 9 to 12 percent increase in fees for the shipping service used by Amazon AMZN , just months after President Donald Trump criticized the USPS, saying it gives Amazon too good of a deal .

https://www.yahoo.com/fi...on-pay-12-173000498.html
John Henry  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 4:32:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 114 post(s)
O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!
jello  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:23:04 AM(UTC)
jello

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Read the comments at the end of the article, not one positive on the usps and our carriers. Sad to say I have to agree with them. My t6 is so lazy he just leaves the packages on top or bellow the mailboxes. Amazon is not going to use us in the future anyway.
thanks 1 user thanked jello for this useful post.
craigrh13 on 10/12/2018(UTC)
craigrh13  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:19:03 AM(UTC)
craigrh13

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jello Go to Quoted Post
Read the comments at the end of the article, not one positive on the usps and our carriers. Sad to say I have to agree with them. My t6 is so lazy he just leaves the packages on top or bellow the mailboxes. Amazon is not going to use us in the future anyway.

Yup. The few bad apples ruin it for everyone. Hence why performance should be part of the job and the bad apples should not be protected.
TETastic  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 7:45:20 AM(UTC)
TETastic

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 61 post(s)
USPS consistently receives positive results in surveys on the public’s perception, usually we’re the most favorably viewed government agency. Saying we’re dying because of internet comments on article is such a stretch a popped a hammy just thinking about it.
poorfamily  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:15:26 AM(UTC)
poorfamily

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Originally Posted by: craigrh13 Go to Quoted Post

Yup. The few bad apples ruin it for everyone. Hence why performance should be part of the job and the bad apples should not be protected.

And who should decide who the bad apples are? Do you trust your managers to decide who to keep, who to Fire, and who gets the bonuses? We all know the answer to that. Our protections are in place not to necessarily keep the bad apples, but to protect all those employees that management dislikes. And they tend to dislike the professional carriers who work by the rules the most. Management is not going to fire the runners and the ones who take the short cuts like dropping packages at rural boxes just to get done quicker. Management loves those people, and they would be the ones to get performance bonuses.
thanks 1 user thanked poorfamily for this useful post.
LastLaconiaTE on 10/13/2018(UTC)
poorfamily  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:18:54 AM(UTC)
poorfamily

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Amazon is actively developing a network Nationwide franchisees to handle package delivery. They are not worried at all about any kind of rate increase because they will not be using us within a year. They have already ordered 20 mm delivery Vans for their Network. It may not reach every corner of the country, but it will be damn close I'm sure. This was going to happen whether we raise rates or not.
Hannah Blector  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 8:47:58 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1058 time(s) in 691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: poorfamily Go to Quoted Post
Amazon is actively developing a network Nationwide franchisees to handle package delivery. They are not worried at all about any kind of rate increase because they will not be using us within a year. They have already ordered 20 mm delivery Vans for their Network. It may not reach every corner of the country, but it will be damn close I'm sure. This was going to happen whether we raise rates or not.

20 millimeter vans sounds like a postal idea. lol
thanks 1 user thanked Hannah Blector for this useful post.
Kritter on 10/12/2018(UTC)
Postalcarrier2018  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:18:43 PM(UTC)
Postalcarrier2018

United States

I read the comments too and I agree. I'm surprised to see the comments and I wi***** was the other way around.

I've seen enough videos of Amazon delivery people throwing packages and seeing those comments to know some people know what is really going on with Amazon's delivery service before saying they should completely have their own.
Postalcarrier2018  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:21:27 PM(UTC)
Postalcarrier2018

United States

Amazon can have all the vans they want but the people that do their delivery are garbage. They not only don't do the right thing in terms of delivering the package but also drive like ****. Park in the middle of the street, on the wrong side of the street, block you when you're doing curbside mounted.
thanks 1 user thanked Postalcarrier2018 for this useful post.
RuralMunky on 10/12/2018(UTC)
colty31  
#11 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:41:32 PM(UTC)
colty31

United States

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Amazon can't handle their own package delivery. Especially as they continue to grow. Any attempts for them to try and deliver all their own stuff will fail. The USPS is organized and has the network already in place. Amazon will realize within 1-2 years that it s not cost effective for them to try and DO EVERYTHING.

This is especially true for rural area, or even smaller cities. But I don't see them being successful long term even in larger cities. They will stay with us/come crawling back after they fail.
thanks 2 users thanked colty31 for this useful post.
RuralMunky on 10/12/2018(UTC), Postalcarrier2018 on 10/12/2018(UTC)
RuralMunky  
#12 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:46:28 PM(UTC)
RuralMunky

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Sure you can start a delivery fleet but maintenance might be an issue. https://nordic.businessi...re-falling-apart-2018-9/

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2018 3:47:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

postalvet  
#13 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 4:06:42 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2747 time(s) in 2149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Postalcarrier2018 Go to Quoted Post

I read the comments too and I agree. I'm surprised to see the comments and I wi***** was the other way around.

I've seen enough videos of Amazon delivery people throwing packages and seeing those comments to know some people know what is really going on with Amazon's delivery service before saying they should completely have their own.

customers blame all deliveries on the post office because they do not know any better
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
craigrh13  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 4:50:06 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

And who should decide who the bad apples are? Do you trust your managers to decide who to keep, who to Fire, and who gets the bonuses? We all know the answer to that. Our protections are in place not to necessarily keep the bad apples, but to protect all those employees that management dislikes. And they tend to dislike the professional carriers who work by the rules the most. Management is not going to fire the runners and the ones who take the short cuts like dropping packages at rural boxes just to get done quicker. Management loves those people, and they would be the ones to get performance bonuses.

Performance reviews are a part of every other job. You guys act like it’s a crazy concept. They want you to think that because they need to siphon the money from your check. They need you to believe that they truly are needed. Performance is 100% normal in every other job but here where having the ability of doing your job satisfactory means nothing. There’s a ton of federal laws on the book to protect employees from favoritism and discrimination....I realize they don’t want you knowing that because then people would smarten up and realize they really aren’t needed.
Hannah Blector  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 5:07:08 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Performance reviews are a part of every other job. You guys act like it’s a crazy concept. They want you to think that because they need to siphon the money from your check. They need you to believe that they truly are needed. Performance is 100% normal in every other job but here where having the ability of doing your job satisfactory means nothing. There’s a ton of federal laws on the book to protect employees from favoritism and discrimination....I realize they don’t want you knowing that because then people would smarten up and realize they really aren’t needed.

Yet the managers who ILLEGALLY violate those laws do so with impunity in the USPS. And the workers, even those in the union, are powerless to stop them. EEO, DOL, NLRB, OIG are all a JOKE. If you don't believe me, report repeated and obvious violations of federal laws by postal managers and see if any federal agency that is supposed to enforce those laws and prosecute criminals cares one little bit. I thought you were more savvy than your post indicates. This is why people think you are a troll. Because they know these things.
craigrh13  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 5:17:34 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post

Yet the managers who ILLEGALLY violate those laws do so with impunity in the USPS. And the workers, even those in the union, are powerless to stop them. EEO, DOL, NLRB, OIG are all a JOKE. If you don't believe me, report repeated and obvious violations of federal laws by postal managers and see if any federal agency that is supposed to enforce those laws and prosecute criminals cares one little bit. I thought you were more savvy than your post indicates. This is why people think you are a troll. Because they know these things.

Yup, the USPS is special and no laws apply to supervisors. Blah blah blah things are different here. The NALC has seriously brainwashed you guys into believing you really truly need them. It’s funny!
Hannah Blector  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 5:57:16 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

I don't use the union. That is how I know those other government agencies won't do anything to protect workers. It is a fact that the same manager who fires a carrier for stealing a small amount of money has no fear or chance of getting fired for stealing thousands from employees. I know this personally. So make whatever claims fit your beliefs. And the USPS doesn't even care that the known illegal activity they refuse to prosecute is just the tip of the iceberg. The emboldened managers are stealing way more than is known. I bet that supervisor who stole hundreds of thousands in (Kenner, LA?) started out small either stealing from employees to make his numbers look good or in theft directly from the USPS. And I bet more than one person in management knew and let it go or should have known and refused to investigate or care. That is not a union issue. Those are lazy management issues, just as is most poor performing craft worker issues.
Seadogg  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:00:50 PM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 513 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Craig, in all your posts wanting "performance reviews" you've never really explained how these would be anything other than a competition to see who can run the fastest. In all the offices I've ever been in, mgmt cares about only one thing - speed. Maybe attendance as a second thing, but they certainly don't care about service, accuracy, or anything else. Enforcement of the rules by the union is one of the only ways service standards don't drop even lower - absent the union, mgmt could get rid of all the carriers who do things the right/slower way.
thanks 1 user thanked Seadogg for this useful post.
LastLaconiaTE on 10/13/2018(UTC)
craigrh13  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:14:02 PM(UTC)
craigrh13

Originally Posted by: Seadogg Go to Quoted Post
Craig, in all your posts wanting "performance reviews" you've never really explained how these would be anything other than a competition to see who can run the fastest. In all the offices I've ever been in, mgmt cares about only one thing - speed. Maybe attendance as a second thing, but they certainly don't care about service, accuracy, or anything else. Enforcement of the rules by the union is one of the only ways service standards don't drop even lower - absent the union, mgmt could get rid of all the carriers who do things the right/slower way.

It’s not all about speed. It’s about being efficient. It’s about attendance. It’s about not screwing up. I know this is very very hard for some of you to grasp but it’s entirely possible to be quick and accurate. Our job is extremely easy. It takes very little mental capacity to put mail in a mail box. So yeah, it’s very easy to be quick and accurate. You guys always want to talk about speed and think that means best performance. That’s not the case at all. Everyone in their office has a bad employee or two. No reason to keep them around. You are not entitled to your job or anything else in life for that matter. Nobody owes you anything and nothing is given.

Edited by user Friday, October 12, 2018 6:15:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

postalvet  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 6:44:24 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2747 time(s) in 2149 post(s)
[

It’s not all about speed. It’s about being efficient. It’s about attendance. It’s about not screwing up. .

you have got to be kidding if you really believe this.

are you a troll? because you act like it.

please post what companies you have worked at that had performance reviews, and companies that you believe have performance reviews.

Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Rss Feed  Atom Feed