Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

65 Pages«<636465
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jam  
#1281 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:09:14 AM(UTC)
jam

Groups: Registered

Thanks all you guys for your responses, I did apply for a multiple locations in PA in NJ, not only for Bethlehem location, I just preferred that location since that is my hometown. Hope to here something within couple of weeks. thanks again.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1282 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:58:27 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Poplou Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: federalgovtjobseeker Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Poplou Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jam Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I am still waiting for Bethlehem PA POD location, I am internal, did they finish with all internals yet? or I still HAVE A CHANCE???, anybody else received offers for Bethlehem PA? thank a lot.

People need to start getting real when it comes to this announcement.

This announcement has been winding down (let me say that again - WINDING DOWN) for the past three months. Tons of interviews and offers have gone out all around the country. The vast majority of vacancies will be filled from those interviews and offers that have ALREADY been done.

If you have NOT been interviewed at this point, the odds that you will be are EXTREMELY LOW at this point. And when I say extremely low - I mean you are someone with Cat A vets preference still sitting without an interview. Anyone below that has about a 0% chance at this time.

I'm not saying this to make anyone feel bad, just to end the false hope so many people here seem to have regarding this announcement. It's time to start moving on to other job possibilities now. If you have not been interviewed at this point, you likely will not be.

I respectfully disagree. Unless you are in HR, you don’t really know what is going on. That being said, I have seen 4 internals on this forum being interviewed this wave. Once they are done, you have external vets, then external non vets. You will be considered and interviewed in that order. Therefore, since internals are getting offers, externals are next. I don’t know the numbers or the locations hiring so I can’t tell you how much, but my educated guess is some externals will be referred and interviewed soon.

I am dumbfounded that people desiring to work at the IRS are so terrible with basic arithmetic.

I know that "hundreds" of positions sounds like a lot, but let's do some simple math. Let's assume the 725 vacancies number in the vacancy announcement is correct. Furthermore, let's assume 150 locations around the nation are hiring. (It's actually more than that, but just to make the math simple.). That comes out to (rounding up) an average of 5 vacancies at each location. Yes, that's right. FIVE VACANCIES at each location on average.

When there are people in here like the person I responded to who just HAS to have ONE location... well, what do you suppose the odds are those slots haven't already been filled with internals at this point? Let's just say an average of 2 were filled with internals. That leaves an average of 3 positions, and what do you suppose the odds are that there aren't 3 veterans in the mix? And what do you suppose the odds are, even after internals, you will be the top candidate?

The fact is, there simply aren't as many vacancies to go around as people are hyping themselves up into believing. If you are limiting yourself to ONE location, unless you are a 10-point disabled vet, you are basically out of the game at this point. Hell, even if you are limiting yourself to just a handful of locations, you are basically still out of the game.

He didn’t limit himself to one location. He just stated that. Yes, of course the probability of getting an interview with just one location is bad, but want to know why I know more people will be interviewed? Because I was considered for 10 different locations last round, and I was the top choice for 3 of them, 9 of which weren’t even my preference. It was stated that they were looking to hire 600 revenue officers in a meeting that someone posted on this board. They apparently hired about 150 last round. There are still spots to be had, just depends where you apply. I don’t understand why you are so negative. This board is for people seeking advice, not to vent about negativity about the process.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:34:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scottyd27  
#1283 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:34:01 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 108 post(s)
They hired more than 150 in the first wave. There were 35 hires in SE FL for 4 PODS. If my math is correct 20% of the hires wouldn’t be in 4 PODS.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1284 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:40:29 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
They hired more than 150 in the first wave. There were 35 hires in SE FL for 4 PODS. If my math is correct 20% of the hires wouldn’t be in 4 PODS.

That’s what one of the board posts said. Possibly could be more, I don’t know what the number is, just going off this. It really depends how many people per POD were hired. Some PODS have 4 people to hire, some have 30 to hire, it all depends. We shall see.
jam  
#1285 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:24:09 AM(UTC)
jam

Hi, per job announcement we have 10 weeks of training, just want to know if its a consecutive weeks ? or they breaking up to 2-3 weeks at the time?, thanks.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1286 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:18:09 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

What PODS were those? On the internal announcement, I only saw 3 SE Florida PODS and they added up to 23?
phrogflyer70  
#1287 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:41:00 PM(UTC)
phrogflyer70

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I go to phase 1 training from June 10th to June 21st so the first unit is about 11 days.

Two of my peers (there were 6 hired at my POD) accidentally replied to all people in an email going to phase 1 training students and it was 241 people in the email. This is only one training location. Kansas City.

So they hired more than 241 people. One of my OJIs said the number was about 500.

My POD is expecting to hire 5 more in August.

Unit 2 training is 8/5 to 8/16 and unit 3 is 9/30 to 10/18. So the first two are 11 days and the 3rd one is a little longer. Not sure what the dates will be for those starting in August but I am sure the training will be similar.

I have heard there is a unit 4 next April but don’t have any details. That’s at the one year mark.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1288 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:00:50 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Originally Posted by: phrogflyer70 Go to Quoted Post
I go to phase 1 training from June 10th to June 21st so the first unit is about 11 days.

Two of my peers (there were 6 hired at my POD) accidentally replied to all people in an email going to phase 1 training students and it was 241 people in the email. This is only one training location. Kansas City.

So they hired more than 241 people. One of my OJIs said the number was about 500.

My POD is expecting to hire 5 more in August.

Unit 2 training is 8/5 to 8/16 and unit 3 is 9/30 to 10/18. So the first two are 11 days and the 3rd one is a little longer. Not sure what the dates will be for those starting in August but I am sure the training will be similar.

I have heard there is a unit 4 next April but don’t have any details. That’s at the one year mark.

Phrog, I believe yours was New Orleans correct? On the internal announcement it had them listed as 10, and you said 6 and 5 this time so that would make 11, so it seems that posting is relatively accurate. Thank you for your information!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed