Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

87 Pages«<858687
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1721 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 4:50:43 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Got to give a lot of kudos to the OJI's and GM's for working with the probationary employees for their first year of training. I know things are definitely different in collection now so any sort of solid training from them is very important to the development of the trainees. Not an ideal situation, but it will work!
Northlyn  
#1722 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2020 3:52:42 PM(UTC)
Northlyn

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: federalgovtjobseeker Go to Quoted Post
Got to give a lot of kudos to the OJI's and GM's for working with the probationary employees for their first year of training. I know things are definitely different in collection now so any sort of solid training from them is very important to the development of the trainees. Not an ideal situation, but it will work!

Yes! My OJI is outstanding. I think she will be teaching at our POD with the other trainees in our POD. The higher ups are talking about virtual learning, but I'm hoping for the person-to-person interaction. The SABA classes end up with 200+ people.
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1723 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 2:56:49 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Received a generic message from SBSE today saying that if you have the ability to telework, to still telework, even if your building opens back up. The GM will eventually tell you when to go back in. Sounds like it might be a good while longer until we return to the POD.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1724 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Originally Posted by: Northlyn Go to Quoted Post

Yes! My OJI is outstanding. I think she will be teaching at our POD with the other trainees in our POD. The higher ups are talking about virtual learning, but I'm hoping for the person-to-person interaction. The SABA classes end up with 200+ people.

I know unit training is technically "postponed" right now, but it probably will be virtual learning when they get the go ahead to do the training. I too like person to person interaction when learning as well. With 200+ people in a meeting too, sometimes technology messes up.
federalgovtjobseeker  
#1725 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 10:54:47 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

It's going to be really interesting to see how the March 2020 new hires develop as far as their training goes due to this COVID-19 situation.
Northlyn  
#1726 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 5:32:37 PM(UTC)
Northlyn

United States

Received a generic message from SBSE today saying that if you have the ability to telework, to still telework, even if your building opens back up. The GM will eventually tell you when to go back in. Sounds like it might be a good while longer until we return to the POD.

I'm hoping they don't do a "drive by" to inspect my office! I'm crammed into a one bedroom apartment. LOL
They did let me take my ergonomic chair home. :)
scottyd27  
#1727 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 5:52:41 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 142 post(s)

I'm hoping they don't do a "drive by" to inspect my office! I'm crammed into a one bedroom apartment. LOL

I doubt your manager will. I don’t even think my GM knows my address.

And if you live on a different city than him/her definitely not. City to city travel is outlawed right now.

federalgovtjobseeker  
#1728 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 8:19:06 AM(UTC)
federalgovtjobseeker

United States

Non-essential travel is disallowed until May 31st so unless your manager wants to go up the chain of command to get approval, it won't happen.
scottyd27  
#1729 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 9:50:52 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 142 post(s)
Won’t happen regardless.

Technically the GM can come inspect your telework location, they have to give you 24 hour notice.

And unless you’re a complete scrub of an RO they have better things to do.
Northlyn  
#1730 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 12:32:26 PM(UTC)
Northlyn

United States

Non-essential travel is disallowed until May 31st so unless your manager wants to go up the chain of command to get approval, it won't happen.

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Won’t happen regardless.

Technically the GM can come inspect your telework location, they have to give you 24 hour notice.

And unless you’re a complete scrub of an RO they have better things to do.

I was trying for levity. Part of the telework agreement states they can drop in with 24 hours' notice. I'm poking fun at the abysmal "working conditions". I got through training, I guess I can't be too much of a scrub. In addition to the informational aspect of this forum, sadly, it is also one of my few social outlets. A little levity is not a bad thing. :)
thanks 1 user thanked Northlyn for this useful post.
federalgovtjobseeker on 5/15/2020(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed