Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RodoHinote  
#41 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:09:05 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I hope that this furlough thing blows over quickly. I have bills to pay, and I've already gone through a mandatory furlough back in July. My wife's angry about it too.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:10:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Focus on the one casting judgment." - Suzy Kassel
NicNell  
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 3:31:54 PM(UTC)
NicNell

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post
I hope that this furlough thing blows over quickly. I have bills to pay, and I've already gone through a mandatory furlough back in July. My wife's angry about it too.

I hope it blows over quickly as well but I have a feeling that both sides will be digging their heels in.

LieutenantBlantyre  
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 4:12:53 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NicNell Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post

I hope it blows over quickly as well but I have a feeling that both sides will be digging their heels in.

For once “REFUND SEASON!!!!!1!1!1!1!!1” might actually work in our favor. People will still file but we can’t legally issue refunds during a shutdown plus TAS isn’t there either except to check their statutorily-privileged mail that they won’t be able to act on. Congressmen and Senators will feel some heat if it drags on.

For once it might not be a 715 error to say we can’t address your hardship due to (in)action of Congress.

The House is currently debating a new version of the CR that has wall money plus disaster aid. My hopes aren’t high. Too many members of both chambers are bugging out for home.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 5:53:53 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 137 post(s)
If the Democrats stick to blocking the bill in the Senate that the House just passed tonight, we effectively are blocked. If a Unanimous Consent request to proceed to consideration gets blocked (any senator need merely shout objection be they Republican or Democrat), a cloture motion would be filed. That has to sit for one day. A vote has to take place and 60 votes are needed to break the Democrat block. 9 Democrats and all 51 Republicans would have to vote to wind up debate. If that vote passes then 30 hours of debate remain to talk things out before any vote could happen. Assuming Cocaine Mitch can get 9 to defect and hold his caucus together in whole, the soonest we could see a vote might be Monday or Tuesday.

Collins of Maine and Corker of Tennessee both hopped flights home tonight so Cocaine Mitch doesn’t even have his full caucus of 51 to work with...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed