Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

162 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cooljul  
#261 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:36:26 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 64 post(s)
His position is temporary and my goal is to work for the IRS until I'm ready to retire. I am lucky to have a partner that makes enough to support us if I was in a position of not getting paid. The long term benefits of pension and overall work conditions far outweigh the rare negatives like this shutdown.

Hoping they pick back up with the hiring process, but I don't have my hopes up too high.
TestPilot  
#262 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 9:42:57 AM(UTC)
TestPilot

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Anyone internal heard anything about timing of interviews now that the shutdown is over?

If desired location has changed since initial application when is a good time to mention that? (after interview?) Initially applied for ~4 locations but since we have decided on relocating to one specific city, if a different location contacts me for interview should I go and mention desired location after interview? Or let them know up front? (applied to one "local" office near where we currently live, and 3 that would require a flight to interview with one of the three being where we are moving prior to the goal start date)
cooljul  
#263 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 11:39:19 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Originally Posted by: TestPilot Go to Quoted Post
Anyone internal heard anything about timing of interviews now that the shutdown is over?

If desired location has changed since initial application when is a good time to mention that? (after interview?) Initially applied for ~4 locations but since we have decided on relocating to one specific city, if a different location contacts me for interview should I go and mention desired location after interview? Or let them know up front? (applied to one "local" office near where we currently live, and 3 that would require a flight to interview with one of the three being where we are moving prior to the goal start date)

I asked this earlier in this thread. The response I got was that the interview is good for all positions and they will most likely interview at the office nearest your home (as long as they have management there)
N.E.R.D.  
#264 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 12:49:54 PM(UTC)
N.E.R.D.

United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Quick and unfortunate update!

I just received an email from the IRS for the RA position (Exempt):

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service. We received your application for employment; however, at this time we wish to inform you that the external recruitment for this position has been cancelled.

Please re-apply for the Revenue Agent position using announcement number 19CS2-TEX0040-512-5-11-LB, for further consideration.

This is just one of 3 RA positions I applied for. I'm hoping that the other ones aren't cancelled as well. However, I figured this would happen after the shutdown.

Edited by user Monday, January 28, 2019 12:53:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

gsetaurate  
#265 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 2:17:18 PM(UTC)
gsetaurate

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NerdRedd Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for your interest in employment with the Internal Revenue Service. We received your application for employment; however, at this time we wish to inform you that the external recruitment for this position has been cancelled.

Please re-apply for the Revenue Agent position using announcement number 19CS2-TEX0040-512-5-11-LB, for further consideration.

This is just one of 3 RA positions I applied for. I'm hoping that the other ones aren't cancelled as well. However, I figured this would happen after the shutdown.

Same. Applied to plain RA, exempt and employee plans. Do you see that announcement number or it's not up yet?
N.E.R.D.  
#266 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 2:19:00 PM(UTC)
N.E.R.D.

United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gsetaurate Go to Quoted Post

Same. Applied to plain RA, exempt and employee plans. Do you see that announcement number or it's not up yet?

I haven't seen it yet. Such a bummer.
taco_tuesdays  
#267 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:40:57 AM(UTC)
taco_tuesdays

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
FYI..The IRS has 2 new announcements for Revenue Agents that are open for all to apply. First cut off is 2/6/19. Good Luck!
thanks 2 users thanked taco_tuesdays for this useful post.
N.E.R.D. on 1/30/2019(UTC), CPAFederalhope on 2/1/2019(UTC)
JCBreeez  
#268 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:04:28 PM(UTC)
JCBreeez

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)

The announcement number seems to be for an unpaid internship in the Large Business Division. Good for college accounting majors.
JCBreeez  
#269 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:07:05 PM(UTC)
JCBreeez

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: taco_tuesdays Go to Quoted Post
FYI..The IRS has 2 new announcements for Revenue Agents that are open for all to apply. First cut off is 2/6/19. Good Luck!

I just checked usajobs, and there is nothing for my area (sw, us). So maybe those areas that didnt have a lot of interest got reposted???
taco_tuesdays  
#270 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:11:37 PM(UTC)
taco_tuesdays

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 15 post(s)
AuditorHopeful  
#271 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:13:21 PM(UTC)
AuditorHopeful

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: taco_tuesdays Go to Quoted Post
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522915800#

https://www.usajobs.gov/...b/ViewDetails/522916100#

There does seem to be limited locations from the October posting.

Those are the reposts for the announcements that were cancelled as of Monday and originally posted in December. There were always a limited number of positions.

I don’t think they’ve cancelled the big announcement that was posted in October yet, so there’s still hope. Lol
scottyd27  
#272 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:01:37 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 132 post(s)
Originally Posted by: VaVirgo79 Go to Quoted Post
Good luck to everyone! I took my application out of the running. I realized being a single mother and the training wasn’t going to work. Unless I moved home to Norfolk Va because family could watch my son. So if positions open up for Norfolk I might apply again.

Also right now I just don’t feel comfortable working under this administration. I know it can happen with any administration. But this temper tantrum that he threw just to get his way is messed up. I will try again once he is out of office.

So again good luck everyone!

This is by far and away the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard anyone say.

So you don’t like the president fine. But let’s say you got hired under a different admin. You do realize Presidents come and go right? Career employees stay.

You going to quit when someone else you don’t like gets elected?
I’m glad you withdrew. Less people like this I have to work with the better.

Just stupid.
scottyd27  
#273 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:03:39 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

It’s probably they hired everyone they needed for that position internally.

I received an email today that nothing has changed re hiring except it’ll be slightly delayed
ironman0786  
#274 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:08:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

It’s probably they hired everyone they needed for that position internally.

I received an email today that nothing has changed re hiring except it’ll be slightly delayed

Does this mean the hiring date is expected to be delayed as well??
CapeCPA  
#275 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 2:42:57 AM(UTC)
CapeCPA

Woman
United States

I have not received an email so it might be in a specific area.
scottyd27  
#276 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 6:15:33 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

It’s specific to the POD(s) he applied to
slowpoke  
#277 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 10:49:23 PM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Has anyone emailed HR to check if they are still hiring for the main announcement? I did I haven't received a response yet.
slowpoke  
#278 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:55:39 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

I just called and spoke to HR they are still hiring but new EOD is unknown right now.
cooljul  
#279 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:13:30 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Originally Posted by: slowpoke Go to Quoted Post
I just called and spoke to HR they are still hiring but new EOD is unknown right now.

Thank you! any other news? Are they trying to get interviews done soon or is that on hold?
slowpoke  
#280 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:03:27 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

Originally Posted by: cooljul Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: slowpoke Go to Quoted Post

Thank you! any other news? Are they trying to get interviews done soon or is that on hold?

They didn't go into much detail just that hiring was still on.
thanks 1 user thanked slowpoke for this useful post.
cooljul on 2/5/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed